Author Topic: Ayn Rand Would Be So Proud Of Where We Are Today  (Read 4373 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Ayn Rand Would Be So Proud Of Where We Are Today
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2008, 06:21:08 PM »
I suggest that blowing up a building for whatever reason is a form of terrorism. Those who took Rand's hero off the project were terrorized from rebuilding it.

So much for your defense of Ayers.

================================
It is every bit as acceptable for McCain to be a buddy of Ruark, the hero of The Fountainhead, as it is for Obama to be a good buddy of Obama.

Blowing up statues and buildings on principal is illegal and is a form of terrorism, but not nearly so bad as blowing up people.  It is a lesser degree of terrorism. Just as theft distinguishes petty theft from grand larceny, terrorism is a matter of degree.

I did not defend Ayers, I said that Ayers is NO LONGER A THREAT, even though he was a member of a highly incompetent band of  ineffective anarchists. Therefore, associating with him is also not any sort of threat.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2008, 07:17:01 PM »
Why would McCain be a buddy of a fictional character.

You have defended Ayers by saying he didn't kill anyone, though his bombs did.

And the problem with the Obama Ayers link is that Obama was not forthcoming and forthright about it. He tried to cover it up. He is untrustworthy.

Live with it.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2008, 07:31:44 PM »

And the problem with the Obama Ayers link is that Obama was not forthcoming and forthright about it. He tried to cover it up. He is untrustworthy.

Live with it.

I did not defend Ayers, I said that he was not a murderer because, well, he didn't actually kill or even try to kill anyone. He got off because the FBI was incompetent, not because of anything I said. All I did was state the facts of his case. I can't imagine why you think that somehow Obama needs to give any more information about Ayers than he has already given: Yes, I know Ayers, he said, and he will not have a role in my administration. Were he to bow down, beg forgiveness and kiss your narrow white ass, I can't imagine what earthly difference it would make.

Obama has explained all he needs to about Ayers. Ayers did not make any bombs that killed others. Others in the Weather Underground killed themselves with bombs of their own manufacture. I don't think we can claim a high degree of organization to any anarchist group.

You are free to live with any delusion you wish.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2008, 10:48:44 PM »

Live with it.

I did not defend Ayers, I said that he was not a murderer because, well, he didn't actually kill or even try to kill anyone. He got off because the FBI was incompetent, not because of anything I said. All I did was state the facts of his case. I can't imagine why you think that somehow Obama needs to give any more information about Ayers than he has already given: Yes, I know Ayers, he said, and he will not have a role in my administration. Were he to bow down, beg forgiveness and kiss your narrow white ass, I can't imagine what earthly difference it would make.

Obama has explained all he needs to about Ayers. Ayers did not make any bombs that killed others. Others in the Weather Underground killed themselves with bombs of their own manufacture. I don't think we can claim a high degree of organization to any anarchist group.

You are free to live with any delusion you wish.

Ayers is confessed guilty , since the dead were mostly his volentary accomplices , his guilt might be manslaughter rather than murder , but it would be murder if he had been better at getting a bomb where he wanted to before it went off.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2008, 10:50:12 PM »

I don't think Greenspan was following Rand or ignoring her.

Neither following nor not following. Is this a koan?

Hmmmmm.....

I like it , this could be koanical