Author Topic: Just FYI To All 3DHS'ers  (Read 6344 times)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Just FYI To All 3DHS'ers
« on: October 28, 2008, 04:42:39 PM »
You really have no idea how stressed out and cantankerous and irritable I am every day, all day due to the election.

Personally, I can't wait till next Wednesday when we can go back to the low-level disdain.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
Re: Just FYI To All 3DHS'ers
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 04:58:48 PM »
You really have no idea how stressed out and cantankerous and irritable I am every day, all day due to the election.

You shouldn't take it so personally.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 05:05:09 PM »

You shouldn't take it so personally.

Oh, that's some amazing advice.

Cynthia

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 05:11:13 PM »

Personally, I can't wait till next Wednesday when we can go back to the low-level disdain.

I can't wait either...but then the disdain will only turn inward.....xxxing fingers that does NOT happen.

WE are the people, Brassie.....don't stress too much. THe individual can still make his/her mark. You have your passions and they aren't being heard. There are many of us in that boat....with different ship captains.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 05:18:57 PM »
Brass, you're part of a great movement for change.  Be as cantankerous, stressed out and irritable as you like, but never mind that, just WIN THIS FUCKING THING.  You're fighting against four more years of continuous disaster, four more years of racism and bigotry, four more years of war and fascism and slaughter.  I'm only sorry I can't join in that fight.  What an inestimable privilege that would be!  You and thousands of guys like you can turn all this around, bring in a new day.  You're all gonna be heroes.

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 06:08:34 PM »
Brass....we've lived through eight years of Bush rule.
We have 84 days left. We will all work hard, do our best, and hope for the best.
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 06:29:21 PM »

It's only castles burning.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 06:41:57 PM »

Sheeeeesh!

And this while your favoriate is leading in the race!

McCain is my favoriate , and he is behind by five to seven today.

I wonder if Biden or Obama can make an enourmous faux pas and hand us the three to five points we need?

Where that is a Biden there is still hope.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2008, 06:56:23 PM »

Sheeeeesh!

And this while your favoriate is leading in the race!

McCain is my favoriate , and he is behind by five to seven today.

I wonder if Biden or Obama can make an enourmous faux pas and hand us the three to five points we need?

Where that is a Biden there is still hope.

After two elections where it seemed that no one in their right minds would vote for Bush, I have no problem with feeling trepidation about the election.

Sure, it appears that Obama is leading by a goodly portion but I fear something will get "pulled" or the polls will have been "wrong" and it will all be pulled out from under us.

It's terrifying at times.

I just wish this week was over already.

I took off election day and the day after to recoup.  Gonna take the boy to vote with me and just celebrate it.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2008, 07:00:42 PM »

so basically then, if McCain wins at this point, then "obviously", it was a "stolen election".  Is that that the jist?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2008, 07:09:35 PM »
<<so basically then, if McCain wins at this point, then "obviously", it was a "stolen election".  Is that that the jist?>>

No, just an amazing coincidence that the State of Florida still can't get it right, that for example the advance polls yesterday had folks lined up for over three hours to vote and they're expecting total chaos on Election Day.  But that has nothing to do with sabotaging the black vote, it's just bad luck.  Why should a Florida State official have any reason to anticipate anything getting screwed up at the polls?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2008, 07:13:38 PM »
<<so basically then, if McCain wins at this point, then "obviously", it was a "stolen election".  Is that that the jist?>>

No, just an amazing coincidence that the State of Florida still can't get it right, that for example the advance polls yesterday had folks lined up for over three hours to vote and they're expecting total chaos on Election Day.  But that has nothing to do with sabotaging the black vote, it's just bad luck.  Why should a Florida State official have any reason to anticipate anything getting screwed up at the polls?

That has nothing to do with sabotaging the black vote , a much talked about impossibility.

These suffering masses of repressed voters never showed up in person to complain anywhere.

There is almost two weeks of polling access in Fl. how are you going to alledge "repression" this time?

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2008, 07:16:32 PM »

so basically then, if McCain wins at this point, then "obviously", it was a "stolen election".  Is that that the jist?

As I've stated before, if we go into Election Day with Obama 10 points ahead in polls in most of the states and then loses, what else should we think?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2008, 07:19:50 PM »

As I've stated before, if we go into Election Day with Obama 10 points ahead in polls in most of the states and then loses, what else should we think?

That conservatives do not like pollsters.

Curmudgeons are highly undercounted.

I am a Curmudgeon and I vote.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2008, 07:22:35 PM »
<<That has nothing to do with sabotaging the black vote , a much talked about impossibility.>>

Not only been done, but done repeatedly.

<<These suffering masses of repressed voters never showed up in person to complain anywhere.>>

They saw teh futility.  The Supreme Court had already awarded the election to Bush.

<<There is almost two weeks of polling access in Fl. how are you going to alledge "repression" this time?>>

I just showed you how.  Make 'em all wait three hours or more even in an advance poll.  More on the actual day.  Pull out the state police to pull over black drivers for a "fake documents" search, coincidentally scheduled only for Election Day and coincidentally applied mainly to blacks.  Purge the rolls of "felons" but make sure that - - by coincidence of course - - the "errors" in purging non-felons somehow apply mostly to blacks.  It's been done before, plane.  There's a playbook.