Author Topic: The perfect Liberal car(toon)  (Read 1199 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
The perfect Liberal car(toon)
« on: November 18, 2008, 11:05:35 AM »
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 11:39:40 AM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: The perfect Liberal car(toon)
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 02:31:11 PM »
So, the US government should just cut them a check no strings attached?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 02:40:00 PM »
...............................................................................>   .

;D   there was the point flying clean over the Brass man
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

richpo64

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 03:06:26 PM »
Chapter 11 would be best for everyone.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 07:03:58 PM »
...............................................................................>   .

Then what is the point of that "liberal" cartoon?

It's mocking the idea that liberals want a car that is inexpensive and runs on renewable fuel so it seems like a knock on libs 'cause the car looks so goofy and unrealistic but then it says "in exchange for our bailout..." like the libs are so much for the bailout.

So, what is the humor or the point?  I'm just asking.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 08:00:46 PM »

Then what is the point of that "liberal" cartoon?

Demonstrating, thru hyperbole, that if the left had their way, the car "portrayed" would be what Liberals would be demanding the auto industry is to start making, in order to get our tax dollars.  It was never about giving the auto industry some kind of blank check    ::)

It's mocking the idea that liberals want a car that is inexpensive and runs on renewable fuel so it seems like a knock on libs 'cause the car looks so goofy and unrealistic but then it says "in exchange for our bailout..." like the libs are so much for the bailout.

They ARE for the bail-out, in spades.  Notice it's the hard left salivating at the idea of pumping millions of out tax dollars into a failing business.  The toon just portrays what they'd see as their fantasy car, and all they need to do to get our tax dollars, is to come up with such a car.

Remember Brass, it's just a cartoon

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 09:14:00 PM »
Hey, man, I was just asking for clarification.  I didn't mean to imply that it was stupid.

BTW, I watch Morning Joe on MSNBC just about every morning.  I think it was this morning that Joe absolutely lost it on Mika when she rolled her eyes when he went off in favor of saving the auto industry with a bailout because it was "right for America".

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2008, 10:04:35 PM »
Well....

They have a lot of heavy , hard to sell trucks and cars.

The military needs trucks , so do forest rangers , border patroll ,FBI, DEA etc.

The auto manufacturers need a deal.

Why not buy a big part of the inventory?

And attempt to make a sellable product next year.

I once heard that criminals soon learn the look of all the FBI cars in their region because there are only just so many in a town and the government buys a lot of the same models.

If they use my idea the criminals might start to duck whenever they see a heavy car.