Author Topic: Senate Democrats give Lieberman standing ovation  (Read 1610 times)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Senate Democrats give Lieberman standing ovation
« on: November 14, 2006, 05:07:29 PM »
Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Connecticut Sen. Joe Lieberman, who bolted the Democratic party after losing a primary election this year to run as an independent, won a standing ovation at a closed meeting of all Senate Democrats Tuesday.

Lieberman was introduced by Democratic Leader Harry Reid who, according to Lieberman, told his colleagues that, "families go through crisis but we survived and I just want to welcome back Joe Lieberman."

"It's been a helluva year," Lieberman told the group before imploring them to heed the lessons of the midterm election and "be willing to compromise" with Republicans.

Lieberman, who now calls himself an "Independent Democrat," was asked if the warm reception helped remove lingering bitterness from the campaign when many of his closest Democratic allies supported his opponent Ned Lamont.

"You have experiences that naturally affect you. This year in many ways did change me," he said. "But you know, we're all adults and I'll work with everyone in my caucus and the Republican caucus as well.

--CNN Congressional Producer Ted Barrett

Article
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Senate Democrats give Lieberman standing ovation
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 05:55:40 PM »
 :D   Yet it's Brass who claims that the Dems have Lieberman on a leash   
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 07:16:49 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

larry

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 11:19:05 PM »
Israel has  Lieberman on a leash.   He reminds me of David and the Psalms

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 11:39:03 PM »
Israel has  Lieberman on a leash.   He reminds me of David and the Psalms

Another one of those completely unsubstantiated "gut calls" again, Larry?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle