Author Topic: 35-Count Indictment Against Blackwater Employees  (Read 4548 times)

BSB

35-Count Indictment Against Blackwater Employees
« on: December 08, 2008, 01:34:25 PM »
The New York Times
Monday, December 8, 2008 -- 12:09 PM ET
-----
5 Guards Are Charged With Manslaughter in Iraq Deaths

The Justice Department unsealed a 35-count indictment charging five guards for Blackwater Worldwide with manslaughter, attempted manslaughter and weapons violations in a 2007 shooting in Baghdad that killed at least 17 Iraqi civilians.

Read More:
http://www.nytimes.com/?emc=na

richpo64

Re: 35-Count Indictment Against Blackwater Employees
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 02:22:23 PM »
Yeah, this should be good. The question is, what authority does the US government have in Iraq? Isn't the Iraqi government is charge? There are plenty of legal questions to be sorted out here.

I understand Blackwater is offering it's services to protect the shipping lanes against pirates. Good for them. Bush isn't going to do it, he doesn't need the headaches. Barry doesn't have the balls, so let a private company TCB.

Knutey

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 02:35:39 PM »
Yeah, this should be good. The question is, what authority does the US government have in Iraq? Isn't the Iraqi government is charge? There are plenty of legal questions to be sorted out here.

I understand Blackwater is offering it's services to protect the shipping lanes against pirates. Good for them. Bush isn't going to do it, he doesn't need the headaches. Barry doesn't have the balls, so let a private company TCB.

Great idea ! Instead of krispy kritters like they were in Falluja, they will be waterlogged kritters.

http://www.historycommons.org/timeline.jsp?us_occupation_of_iraq_tmln_contractors=us_occupation_of_iraq_tmln_blackwater_usa&timeline=us_occupation_of_iraq_tmln

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 02:47:43 PM »
that`s the rub about blackwater.
they`re not subject to the same restriction as a U.S.soldier so in truth they are a great liability in iraq.
they are commiting acts on iraqi soil but are not subject to iraqi law.
that`s a easy recipe for another war and a blackwater lawyer no matter right he is can`t fix it by saying it`s legal.
notice blackwater pulled out when it`s announced they will now be subject to military code of conduct.

richpo64

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 02:52:46 PM »
Why aren't the subject to Iraqi law?

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 03:05:23 PM »
got no idea
for some reason contractors get some kind of diplomatic immunity .
but we now see the end result of such unregulated immunity.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 03:30:50 PM »
Why aren't the subject to Iraqi law?

===========
Neither US troops nor mercenaries hired by the US are subject to Iraqi law, or at least this was the case until recently. US troops can be courtmartialed under the UCMJ, but Blackwater and other mercenaries were exempt from that, too.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:

BSB

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 05:40:20 PM »
Iraqi law?

"Bring in the 5 defendents please." (3 Blackwater employees come into the Iraqi courtroom.) "Where are the others?" asks the judge. "Ah, they were beaten to death last night, your honor." says the prosetor. "Approach the bench." says the judge. (the prosector approaches the bench)"Did you get their wallets?" asks the judge.     

BSB

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2008, 05:45:49 PM »
should be "prosecutor"

richpo64

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2008, 06:50:57 PM »
>>Neither US troops nor mercenaries hired by the US are subject to Iraqi law, or at least this was the case until recently.<<

That's what the article says about Iraqi law. So what happened recently? Looks like Iraq can prosecute them. The libtard (BO) says they can't be charged, he's obviously wrong ... again.

The anti-American folks at the Justice Department want to prosecute these Blackwater agents using a US law banning automatic weapons designed to go after crack dealers. Huh?

Yeah, good luck with that.

Like I said before, there's a real question of wether or not the JD can actually prosecute them for events overseas.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 06:54:30 PM by richpo64 »

Knutey

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2008, 07:03:10 PM »
>>Neither US troops nor mercenaries hired by the US are subject to Iraqi law, or at least this was the case until recently.<<

That's what the article says about Iraqi law. So what happened recently? Looks like Iraq can prosecute them. The libtard (BO) says they can't be charged, he's obviously wrong ... again.

The anti-American folks at the Justice Department want to prosecute these Blackwater agents using a US law banning automatic weapons designed to go after crack dealers. Huh?

Yeah, good luck with that.

Like I said before, there's a real question of wether or not the JD can actually prosecute them for events overseas.

I cant believe how much I am agreeing with you on this one. I think the DOJ should turn these Blackwater pricks over to the Iraqis for trial. The Bushidiot's DOJ wouldnt but I betcha Big O's will. They will surely get their just desserts in Iraqi courts . Just like Saddam did.

richpo64

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2008, 07:05:33 PM »
You're really a sick fuck aren't you knutty. You get off on dead bodies huh?

Freak.

Knutey

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2008, 07:48:59 PM »
You're really a sick fuck aren't you knutty. You get off on dead bodies huh?

Freak.

Dont forget that you are the one that  enjoys killing them,
Sick fuck.

BSB

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2008, 08:36:29 PM »
From what I understand the law has changed and now certain types of contractors, like Blackwater employees, fall under the local legal jurisdiction. However, I can't believe it's grandfathered in, so these guys are not subject to Iraqi law.     

The point is no US military veteran with a brain would have gone from say, the Special Forces, to Blackwater in Iraq, if he was going to fall under Iraqi law. You'd be crazy to place yourself in that kind of jeopardy.