Author Topic: Dem Governor of IL ARRESTED  (Read 10814 times)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Dem Governor of IL ARRESTED
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2008, 03:19:08 PM »
So.......still nothing on any Obama whistle blowing.  Bummers, Brass

You spoke too soon, AGAIN, sirs.  Still, they do say "MAY", so you still have what little that is.

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/12/09/rahm-blago/

Chicago reporter suggests Rahm Emanuel may have ‘tipped’ off federal investigators about Blagojevich.»

Marcy Wheeler catches local Chicago press reporting that Rahm Emanuel may have tipped off federal investigators that Gov. Rod Blagojevich (D) was engaging in corrupt acts. Jack Conaty, a Chicago reporter for the local Fox affiliate, said on-air that Rahm Emanuel might have been responsible for causing federal investigators to act quickly to apprehend Blagojevich this morning:

CONATY: We did receive a tip this morning that perhaps all of this came together so quickly because the Governor may have reached out to Rahm Emanuel, the president-elect’s chief of staff, in attempting to leverage filling the Senate seat. And it may have been Rahm Emanuel who tipped the scale and made this move as quickly as it did.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2008, 03:21:51 PM »
and.............................?  Says nor implies nothing of any blowing whistles, nor does it refute my speculation either.  In fact, it would demonstrate Obama's willingness to go after corruption, even in his own party, ala Palin, if he were to have. 

Got something a tad more concrete to lay down??

After reading this, I think we may be arguing the same thing.

I was insinuating that Obama is going after corruption even in his own party.  (But, unlike Palin, NOT charging his state with per diems for days spent at home and charging the state for transporting his kids to events they didn't have to attend.)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2008, 03:39:26 PM »
You'll get back to us when your speculation of your reporter's speculation actually pans out with a little evidentiary back-up.  At this point, my speculation has just as much credibility as yours
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2008, 03:43:12 PM »
You'll get back to us when your speculation of your reporter's speculation actually pans out with a little evidentiary back-up.  At this point, my speculation has just as much credibility as yours

Your side attitude is so detrimental to your arguing skills.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2008, 03:46:09 PM »
Not arguing, simply speculating as you are.  I can see where you could get confused
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2008, 04:30:24 PM »
Not arguing, simply speculating as you are.  I can see where you could get confused

I am NOT speculating.  I am inferring from evidence.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2008, 04:36:56 PM »
Your "evidence" is a reporter saying "may", without providing any evidentiary back up to his speculation.....that's called speculating on top of speculating     ::)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2008, 04:42:03 PM »

Definition of "infer": to guess; speculate; surmise.

From dictionary.com
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2008, 05:07:40 PM »

Definition of "infer": to guess; speculate; surmise.

From dictionary.com

D'oh!!

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2008, 06:36:42 PM »
So glad, you're finally catching on       8)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2008, 06:57:20 PM »
So glad, you're finally catching on       8)

While I agree we both may be engaging in some form of "speculation", I still hold that my form of it is far more correct since it is based on evidence, while your "speculation" is cut from whole cloth.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2008, 07:02:14 PM »
Your "evidence" again is simply some reporter speculating.  HARDLY any more valid than mine, considering party affiliation, and the long history both Chicago & Illinois have in the world of political scandal.  Nice try though

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2008, 07:42:18 PM »
I caught this on NPR , they mentioned that the Govenor was caught on tape berateing Obama for being unwilling to play along , this is a pretty good exoneration for Obama at least, perhaps even evidence that he isn't avalible for bribes.

That is good stuff.

President Trueman rose up under the tutlage of a corrupt machine , but somehow managed t get free of it when he went to the senate and the Whitehouse.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2008, 08:56:15 PM »
Your "evidence" again is simply some reporter speculating.  HARDLY any more valid than mine, considering party affiliation, and the long history both Chicago & Illinois have in the world of political scandal.  Nice try though

Actually, I'm REFERENCING the fucking affidavit, moron.  I don't know what in the world could more fit the definition of fucking evidence in your dumbass pea-brain.

I would think that when a US attorney submits an FBI affidavit and arrests a guy in his house for a crime, that might, in most peoples' mind suffice as "evidence" when making suppositions.

When Blagojevich says on tape that Obama is a motherf*cker 'cause he won't play ball, that kind of, at the very fucking least IMPLIES that Obama wasn't playing ball.

Or is that pure speculation with no hint of evidence in your own special brand of reality?

fatman

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2008, 10:04:09 PM »
I would hope if convicted he would be executed on national tv.

I agree.  When is the date for the Stevens execution?