Author Topic: Latest Election Numbers (53% to 46%)  (Read 6343 times)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Latest Election Numbers (53% to 46%)
« on: December 09, 2008, 05:06:40 PM »
Nearly 10 million people more wanted Change.

Let's Hope they get it.

Barack H. Obama   Joseph R. Biden, Jr.   Democratic    69,058,185    52.84%    365    67.8%
   John S. McCain, III   Sarah H. Palin           Republican    59,700,776    45.68%    173    32.2%
   Ralph Nader           Matt Gonzalez           Independent         733,760      0.56%    0      0.0%
   Bob Barr                   Wayne Allyn Root   Libertarian         520,488      0.40%    0      0.0%
Y   Other (+)   -    -                                                                 679,406      0.52%    0      0.0%

http://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/

richpo64

Re: Latest Election Numbers (53% to 46%)
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 05:13:33 PM »
Change isn't always good. History is full of examples.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 05:18:48 PM »
Change isn't always good. History is full of examples.

This won't be one of this of those occasions.

richpo64

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 05:24:34 PM »
Another liberal who can see into the future. You couldn't possibly know Brass. You know nothing about the man. I can think of lots of men throughout history who give a good speech and make the ladies swoon. Men too.

I will say though, I wouldn't want his job for all the scotch in Scotland.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 06:43:21 PM »
Another liberal who can see into the future. You couldn't possibly know Brass. You know nothing about the man. I can think of lots of men throughout history who give a good speech and make the ladies swoon. Men too.

Nor would I want his job.

I'm not overly excited about any of his choices for his cabinet as of yet but I have confidence in his ability to address issues.  I'm a pretty good judgment of character.  I was right about Bush.  I was right about Cheney.  I was right about the Clintons.  I was right about Dean.  I was right about Ford Jr.  I was right about Steve Cohen.  I feel pretty sure I'll be right about Obama.

richpo64

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 09:16:36 PM »
>>I was right about Bush.  I was right about Cheney.  I was right about the Clintons.  I was right about Dean.  I was right about Ford Jr.  I was right about Steve Cohen.  I feel pretty sure I'll be right about Obama.<<

You realize of course you just proved (to me) you're wrong about Barry. Afterall, you were wrong about everybody else.

:o

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 09:22:53 PM »
>>I was right about Bush.  I was right about Cheney.  I was right about the Clintons.  I was right about Dean.  I was right about Ford Jr.  I was right about Steve Cohen.  I feel pretty sure I'll be right about Obama.<<

You realize of course you just proved (to me) you're wrong about Barry. Afterall, you were wrong about everybody else.

:o

Hogwallop.

richpo64

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 09:26:56 PM »
Peeshaw!

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2008, 10:46:28 PM »
Yeah. Wrong about charismatic, upstanding brainy Dick Cheney.

Shame!
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

richpo64

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2008, 11:14:41 PM »
Dick Cheney is smarter then you when he's sleeping.

I do find it interesting that charisma is a quality you find desirable ... in men.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2008, 12:07:30 AM »

Nor would I want his job.

I'm not overly excited about any of his choices for his cabinet as of yet but I have confidence in his ability to address issues.  I'm a pretty good judgment of character.  I was right about Bush.  I was right about Cheney.  I was right about the Clintons.  I was right about Dean.  I was right about Ford Jr.  I was right about Steve Cohen.  I feel pretty sure I'll be right about Obama.

Objectively?

Which of these did you think would be a success?

Which are in the right is subjective ujntill proof rolls in.

From my point of view George Bush has been a greater success than we had any right to expect, I don't think you will ever be right about him, it is too muchy an emotional issue.

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2008, 12:09:07 AM »
We should have nominated Romney. I erred in judgment for not supporting him in the primary. He was the right man for the moment. Once Obama broke his word and opted out of the public financing system, Romney would have also, I believe. And he would have matched Obama dollar for dollar. It was a a disaster for McCain to have been outspent like that. It cost him Florida, Ohio, NC, IN and others. Romney would have been a better candidate on the economy than Obama. And he would have defeated Obama in the debates because he is a very polished debater. He would also have explained and espoused conservative principles much better than McCain. McCain ran a lousy campaign and it was very erratic. I reluctantly voted for him. McCain has been poking his finger in the eyes of conservatives for many years, and he will probably do so again against the very people who voted for him. I thought he lost all three debates, even the town hall format he was supposed to excel at. Palin won her debate; McCain lost his. And it's outrageous that he lost Indiana and North Carolina. Romney, Rudy and Fred would have carried those states and others as well.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2008, 12:56:53 AM »
Huckabee hurt Romney.

Being a Mormon hurt him in the eyes of many.

Principle needs to outweigh denomination.

At this point in time i don't think it does.

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2008, 01:19:40 AM »
Huckabee ran a very shrewd campaign. He dropped just enough subtle hints playing against Romney's religion. (Don't Mormons think that Jesus and Lucifer are brothers?) He ran a very good campain ad right before Christmas and the Iowa caucus that blasted Romney and all the others right out of the water. But the main problem in the Republican primary is that each candidate sort of knocked out the others in every state allowing McCain to just squeak by.

I have been saying to people that we should have nominated Romney and almost all of them bring up his Mormonism. And I always counter with the radical church that Obama attended where hate and anti-Americanism was spewed. Obama refused to walk out the door for 20 years. It was a major mistake to take this Obama association off the table, as McCain did.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2008, 03:12:01 AM »
Should we really care what church they attend or should we look more for clues as to how they will govern.

Would Schwartzenegger make a good president based on what he has done for California?

How about Crist is Fla?

I like Palin's track record.

Who else is out there?