Author Topic: Open Comment Thread  (Read 1770 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Open Comment Thread
« on: December 23, 2009, 06:51:01 PM »
Whatever is on your mind. Let it rip.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Open Comment Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 06:54:18 PM »
was watching manswers on cable.

can`t beat the facts

beer is healthier than red wine

take that wine snobs

LOL!!!!!

p.s.

imagine a small target in the urinal will improve aim by 80%.

manswers rule!!!

Stray Pooch

• Pray tell me, sir, whose dog are you?
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 11:02:39 PM »
SOMETIMES I LIKE TO WEAR LADIES CLOTHING!!

Oh, you didn't mean, like, THAT kind of thing, did you?

Never mind.
Oh, for a muse of fire, that would ascend the brightest heaven of invention . . .

richpo64

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 11:44:56 PM »
I'd like to say how much I like the fact that BT knows about Southern Culture on the Skids.

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 11:46:04 PM »
What is on my mind now is that I am tired of getting stuff ready for Christmas Eve service, and would like to be done already.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 11:58:42 PM »
I did almost all my shopping for Christmas online this year.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2009, 12:20:44 AM »
What goes around comes around.

Hussein Obama did you hear that?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 12:31:36 AM by Kramer »

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2009, 07:23:06 AM »
I did exactly all my Christmas shopping online. It was nice. One night spent shopping, and then it all got delivered to my front door. And I ended up with a couple of handy boxes for wrapping a couple of the gifts. And at no point did I have to worry about finding a parking space. I may do Christmas shopping this way every year.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2009, 11:19:12 AM »
I did exactly all my Christmas shopping online. It was nice. One night spent shopping, and then it all got delivered to my front door. And I ended up with a couple of handy boxes for wrapping a couple of the gifts. And at no point did I have to worry about finding a parking space. I may do Christmas shopping this way every year.

I'm sure your community appreciated appreciated the support i.e the local businesses and city combined loss of revenue. On the other hand Al Gore appreciated your effort to curb global warming.

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2009, 01:47:56 PM »

I'm sure your community appreciated appreciated the support i.e the local businesses and city combined loss of revenue. On the other hand Al Gore appreciated your effort to curb global warming.

How do you know I did not order from local businesses online? Amazon ain't the only store with a web address. Don't be such a schmuck.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2009, 02:12:23 AM »
On my mind was the flight yesterday from Laguardia to Toronto.  We sat around the terminal and my wife was wondering about the guy who tried to blow up the plane in Detroit.  I never saw it as a threat because the whole fucking city of Detroit could vanish overnight and the international impact would be minimal.  Still, a Christmas Day attack would resonate.  What if there were simultaneous attacks in 24 U.S. cities all on Christmas Day?  Home run ! ! !  I never feel very good about flying back to Toronto from New York, but these additional "terrorist" thoughts weren't making me feel any better about it.

But now tonight I am thinking that there isn't enough airline security.  Everyone should be stripped naked, cavity-searched three times and then dressed in hospital gowns provided by the airlines before boarding.  NOTHING belonging to the passengers allowed on their plane, all the personal stuff, clothes, shoes, carry-ons, goes by another plane carrying cargo only.  Once on-board, passengers are locked into pods of no more than six passengers each, totally isolated physically from all other passengers.  To prevent concerted passenger actions, the seats are randomly assigned to each passenger as he or she enters the plane.  Every pod of six has one or two federal marshals.  There is a fixed ratio of body weight and height, marshals to passengers, so that the marshals should always be able to physically dominate the other pod occupants.  If in doubt, the three most physically imposing passengers can be chained to their seats.

The whole new protocol can be named "Operation Flying Freedom" and Obama can declare it part of the change that he was campaigning for.  This concept will be my belated Christmas Gift to the flying public.

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2009, 03:56:03 AM »
On my mind is that most Americans take being American and living in the United States - and everything that means - for granted.

My references to "you" here are general - not necessarily pointed towards this group or any individual.

You take religious freedom for granted, and while you verbalize that "theocracy = bad" you've never experienced living in one and how that makes a person appreciate everything America is.

You take women's rights for granted. Yes, you see stories in the news about how women have no rights in other places and think it's wrong, but you rarely see it in action; how women are bound not only by laws, but by cultural expectations elsewhere in the world.

For every person, Republican or Democrat, who has ever cursed the POTUS, you forget that elsewhere in the world the same words are sometimes a death sentence.

For every person, Republican or Democrat, who has ever cursed the other group, you forget that elsewhere in the world such debates are forbidden. Puppet governments are created to appease the people, and no one has a say in anything. You forget that your greatest fortune is often your differences... and the ability to have and verbalize those differences.

You complain about the regulation of anything and everything and the money spent for regulations, but you've never lived in a place where there is little to no regulation and anything could be a potential hazard for yourself or your children.

And, for the Christmas holiday, you take for granted that every store you enter will be playing Christmas songs. The mall will be filled with Christmas trees. The place you work will close early for Christmas celebrations - even have a company Christmas party. You complain about commercialization, but often forget that elsewhere in the world, Christians are a minority... Christmas is hardly celebrated (if at all), and in some places Christmas celebrations are entirely banned.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2009, 09:45:00 AM »
This concept will be my belated Christmas Gift to the flying public.

Your "gift" is a system that will guarantee that virtually no one will fly?

My, how generous.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 12:05:25 PM by Amianthus »
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2009, 11:24:16 AM »
It might be that Tee was being facetious.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2009, 12:07:02 PM »
It might be that Tee was being facetious.

He's said in the past that the need for more security when flying is paramount. This is just a minor extension from his previous claims, which also included strip searches before boarding. I'm pretty sure he thinks this is the way to go.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)