Author Topic: Romania Marks 20th Year Since Kommie Kollapse  (Read 15157 times)

BSB

Re: Romania Marks 20th Year Since Kommie Kollapse
« Reply #90 on: December 29, 2009, 12:43:46 AM »
Reread it Plane, it appears you missed something.

We, sorry, still nothing about you here.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #91 on: December 29, 2009, 12:48:07 AM »

you wish you could control BT like you controlled Crocat but he's wise to your antics.

BSB

« Reply #92 on: December 29, 2009, 12:50:48 AM »
A little clue for ya, We, no one controlled crocat.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: December 29, 2009, 12:53:12 AM »
A little clue for ya, We, no one controlled crocat.

little clue for ya, chester the molester, you won't control BT like you thought you would. you and her were two pees in a pod.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: December 29, 2009, 01:01:19 AM »

I seem to have missed it again.
Or did I?
Like the guy trapped in a shell crater with his freshly slain opponent in "All Quiet on the Western Frount" acnoledgement of the basic sameness and humanity of his fellow soldier he was just forced by circumstances to kill.

Or the huge celebratory croud that met on no mans land on the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month hugging and dancing together so glad that they were no longer required to shoot each other.

I understand your respect for couragious soldiers even if their valor was devoted to your destruction, I have met other soldiers who have expressed this sort of reguard for their enemy and I hope I understand it as a genuine and international respect of anchient origin.

My understanding of this is why I would not mind haveing more retired soldiers in government , I think that people who have seen the thing will be just as reluctant to call for war as anyone who hasn't.

What I am not getting
is how forgiveing you can be for those who phisicly scarred you , yet so irritated at someone who is typeing with a lack of tact.
    This puzzlement must mean that I have something to learn.

BSB

« Reply #95 on: December 29, 2009, 01:10:57 AM »
Plane, those men who fought us were real. They put their ass on the line. They died as we died but in greater numbers. They lived on a diet almost void of protien. They had little if any medical care. They earned the right to have an opinion about us. Snowblower is a fake. He has never put his ass where his mouth is. His is the kind of hate that starts wars, but never fights in them. He has no right to say a word about the soldiers I fought with. The NVA, however, do. And I earned the right to speak of them.   

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: December 29, 2009, 01:45:35 AM »
I acnoledge your experience as more direct than mine.

During my military service I was aimed at , but never shot at.

In spite of my lesser earning of the right I still need to have an opinion, as well formed opinion as I am capable of, I hope.

I need therefore to attempt to understand what you have learned if you are able to convey it in terms I can comprehend.

Also I want to understand the antipodeal position when I get a chance to see it.

I don't doubt that if a Russian , Chineese or even Vietnameese veteran of your same vintage were availible I would learn interesting things from them too , I suppose it possible that they might have a respect that mirrors yours, I wouldn't be surprised.

But the military is not the whole picture of a war, neither in its cause nor its procicution , the spears tip depends a lot on the spears shaft which drives it forwards .

As you even now allude, hatred waters the roots of wars , down out of sight sometimes it festers. Misunderstanding serves hatred and warps perception to the ends of violence.

Lets discuss the hatred , even the hatred that is undeserved is real hatred.

But let me reinterate , insulate your self from your argument, this is a theater of conflict with the ultimate of low stakes , any of us can walk away for no more reason than boredom. Your self is a precious thing ,these arguments, however "flaming" they get, are cheap.

You are not being asked to put much on the line this time , less is better, dispassionate logic works just as well as anything elese availible .

Even if you penetrate deeply with a thrust of pure logic opening a hole that a truck could be driven through, it causes such little pain to the victim of the thrust that he often is unaware of the hole .

BSB

« Reply #97 on: December 29, 2009, 01:58:24 AM »
You're only watering the hatred, Plane. But if that's your choice, be my guest. I won't join you though.

BSB

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: December 29, 2009, 02:06:28 AM »
Couldn't ask for a better statement of the fascist POV than that last one.  A soldier has the right to an opinion.  A non-combatant does not.  Unless of course the non-combatant POV shows proper deference to the soldier, then it is acceptable for him to speak.

Fucking bullshit.  Fascist crap.  

BSB was not being honest with you, plane.  He's bullshitting you.  Basically the guy has respect for his former enemies because he's a fucking worm.  A man with a gun told to hunt down and kill people whose only offence was to fight for their country's freedom from foreign occupation, be the foreigners French, Japanese or American.  That makes him a hired killer, an assassin, an oppressor.

Think about it carefully.  What CAN he call his former adversaries?  Criminals?  Thugs?  Cowards?  ARE YOU KIDDING?  He's gonna admit that he and his buddies were whipped by a pack of cowards and thugs?  Furthermore, if THEY (the VC) were assassins and criminals, WTF does that make BSB and his loser comrades in arms?  If the VC, who were infinitely more heroic and successful than BSB and his loser cohorts, are unworthy ass-holes, where would that leave BSB and his loser buddies?

He virtually HAS to show respect to the victors, otherwise he appears in his own eyes and everyone else's to be the lesser man.  But look at the facts, not at BSB's phony assumed attitudes towards them.  The facts are that the VC/NVA were true heroes, facing forces vastly superior in firepower and technology, with full air support (in which they, the VC, were totally lacking) and nevertheless sacrificed their lives in huge numbers to drive the invading foreigners out.  BSB and his fellow soldiers, by comparison, were nothing but cowards who attacked villages, women, children and the elderly indiscriminately, tortured prisoners, threw prisoners out of flying helicopters for christ sake, and still lost the war.

Comparing the two forces is like comparing Resistance fighters to Nazi occupation troops.  BSB by showing respect to the winners, hopes to blur the distinction, "one fighting man showing respect for another," the international brotherhood of men in arms, etc. (not really in evidence when the Americans were turfing their VC prisoners out of helicopters, unfortunately) and so he thereby becomes equal in stature to the winners.  How big of him to be respectful of his betters.  HUH?  Isn't that what happens in the real world?  The winner earns the respect due to a hero, and the loser is . . .  well, he's the loser.  It isn't "big" of BSB to show respect to the winner.  The WORLD shows respect to the winner.  And contempt for the loser.  All that BSB was attempting to do was wriggle out of the status of "loser" and try to acquire some of the lustre that belongs rightfully to the victors.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: December 29, 2009, 02:07:21 AM »
You're only watering the hatred, Plane. But if that's your choice, be my guest. I won't join you though.

BSB

I can't ask you to do anything more, you must be a volenteer here.

I think of this hatred as a constant , and I want to understand it even if I do not find a way to reduce it.

Also ...

I am enjoying myself, if you don't like to argue , you indeed should not.

BSB

« Reply #100 on: December 29, 2009, 02:10:16 AM »
Snowblower, your last post is written with all the understanding of a 12 year old, if that.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: December 29, 2009, 02:17:08 AM »
Snowblower, your last post is written with all the understanding of a 12 year old, if that.

you see BSB people pity you, it's sad you can't see it

BSB

« Reply #102 on: December 29, 2009, 02:20:17 AM »
Plane, enough for me with you on this topic. I couldn't have written a more eloquent defense of my position then snowblower just wrote.

Catch you on another debate.

BSB

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: December 29, 2009, 02:25:57 AM »
<<Snowblower, your last post is written with all the understanding of a 12 year old, if that.>>

Even a 12-year old knows the smell of fascist shit, BSB.  It's an old, old smell. 

Sucks that you only get one vote, same as any civilian, doesn't it?  Sucks that you can't kill anyone who won't kiss your fascist ass, doesn't it?

BSB

« Reply #104 on: December 29, 2009, 02:29:11 AM »
How bizarre is that? Snowblower, you've become unhinged.