Author Topic: Jordanian Doubt-Agent Carried Out Afghan CIA Bombing  (Read 2621 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Jordanian Doubt-Agent Carried Out Afghan CIA Bombing
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2010, 06:51:04 PM »
How credible is the story?  I don't know.  It does seem strange that the massacre of the schoolboys, which excited so much anger in Afghanistan, received almost no publicity in the US MSM. 

Oh, perhaps because there's no truth to it??  Who are these supposed "non-military Americans" running around, armed and executing children?  You've added all the hot button terms, U.S., Execution, children, massacre.  Now all that's left is to actually provide some connecting of those non-existent dots.  Kinda like the non-existent dots to all those past Bush lied datribes.
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2010, 03:47:16 AM »
"Every dollar the U.S. gives to prop up repressive, torture-state dictatorships in
Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Jordan makes the war longer"

Michael do you really think the Middle East would be free of repressive regimes if the United States didnt even exist? Would the Middle East be sending craft to outer space and producing life changing inventions if the United States did not exist? Would the Middle East be sending food all over the world if the United States did not exist? Would the Middle East be filled with people enjoying high standards of living and under the rule of wonderful benevolent non-corrupt torture free leaders if the United States did not exist? Get real.

Having read Michael's response to this, I want to say that I think these are VERY good questions. Only I would change the question to be if the United States and other western countries had not intervened... not that they didn't exists.

It's impossible to know how things would have been in the region if there had been no need for the oil, for example, which is the main reason that anyone in the world was interested in Middle Eastern affairs more than 100 years ago... when all of this started.

But looking at things now, and then considering just 10 years ago, 20 years ago even, I would say that the Arabs NOW are acting like a bunch rebellious teenagers, fighting against a lot of change whereas before they were drifting towards (even if unwittingly). But that's mainly social, religious and cultural change.

On the other hand, I have another unique perspective. I recently changed jobs and now work for Elsevier Publishing, in the Medical Journals division - Middle East Business Development. The idea is that Elsevier wants to be a pioneer tapping into this market. Our journal publishers (so far) are Saudi doctors, hospitals, universities and Egyptian doctors, hospitals, universities. And they're good. But better still, their drive to produce world-class medical literature is incredibly strong. They don't want to be considered part of a backwards world. They don't accept second-rate and they don't allow themselves to be second-rate. Better still, all of the bibliometric data coming in shows that the world IS starting to listen. So I have to ask myself - without intervention and influence, would this be happening? Maybe not.

It's not a simple question for a simple answer, CU4.

(I'm curious, though - perhaps I'm not up on the news, but who in the Middle East is sending craft into space?)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2010, 11:21:35 AM »
(I'm curious, though - perhaps I'm not up on the news, but who in the Middle East is sending craft into space?)

Israel and Iran.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2010, 03:18:45 AM »

Israel and Iran.

OK, I suppose that those Iran and Israel are *technically* a part of the Middle East...

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2010, 10:44:08 AM »
Henny just summed up the Arab-Israeli conflict in one off-hand sentence. 

Are the Israelis (Sephardic Jews aside) European colonists injected into the ME, or are they an organic and integral part of it?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2010, 01:12:10 PM »
Iranians, or at least Persians, Turtkmenm and Azeri Iranians are not Arabs, and Arabs do not identify as closely with them as Arabic speakers.

Israel had a handful of Jews in the late 1800's when Herzl started the Zionist movement. A very large number of Israelis are descended from European Jews (both Ashkenazi and Saphardic Jews of Spanish and Portuguese origin) and are not considered as a part of the area. Observe that Jews are never classified as "Asians" in the US, either, despite Israel being in Asia. The Jews of Egypt, Morocco, Yemen and other ME countries could be considered as locals, but I don't think that the Arabs think of them in this way.   The Jews in ME countries were sort of an invisible minority to many of the people. It is all about perception, but the Israelis are seen as intruders, as were the Crusaders. The Turks were seen as intruders by the Arabs even after 600 years.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2010, 01:42:57 PM »
Observe that Jews are never classified as "Asians" in the US, either, despite Israel being in Asia.

Observe that Arabs are never classified as "Asians" in the US, either, despite Saudi Arabia being in Asia.

Most people only classify Mongoloid peoples as "Asians". Even Indians are rarely considered "Asian."
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)