Author Topic: The Truth on Government Spin  (Read 6134 times)

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Truth on Government Spin
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2010, 04:43:16 PM »

If the Republican party were to change well enough to deserve the libertarian voter , who would we loose?

Probably not many. Most libertarian folks would probably be onboard with the Republican Party if the party would try to do just a few things to genuinely limit government. Rather than a marriage amendment to the Constitution, how about getting the government out of the marriage license business? How about when the Republican Party has a majority in Congress and a person in the White House, the party actually pushes for genuine smaller government reform rather than passing bills for ever expanding spending and regulations? Could the Republican Party try that much? Republican politicians talk all the time about standing for limited government and individual liberty. Would seeing the Republican Party fight for that be so much to ask? Rather than pushing for more laws in the "war on drugs" how about some pragmatic policy adjustment, rather than continuing support for ineffectual policy that results police abuses and millions of people in jail for something that violates no one else's rights? Would the Republican Party fall apart over that? Would the Republican Party lose its base to the Democrats over that?
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2010, 06:06:39 PM »
The repeated nonsense about doing nothing. You know, "if you aren't defending the action arm of the philosophy" (as if somehow the Libertarian Party are the only libertarians trying to accomplish anything) and basically the whole "libertarians aren't doing anything" bit. You know better, and yet you repeat this excrement over and over. Talking with you about it is clearly nothing but a waste of time.

I asked for examples and you provided two.

I mentioned that the first was still in committee and the second was a Glenn Beck movement.

So where is the lie and where are the accomplishments?

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2010, 06:20:23 PM »

So where is the lie and where are the accomplishments?

You won't answer my questions, but now you're demanding I answer your question, after I've already answered it. Discussing these issues with you is a waste of time.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2010, 06:45:31 PM »
You are the one who called me a liar. I'm simply looking for information as to where it was that i lied. So either i lied or i didn't, and if i didn't why would you lie and say i did?

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2010, 11:11:57 PM »
You are the one who provided the two examples as accomplishments.

Upon examination, they aren't accomplishments at all. They are efforts at best.

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2010, 11:34:40 PM »
Goddamn, you can be dense sometimes.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2010, 11:46:11 PM »
Goddamn, you can be dense sometimes.

Quite possibly. But those were your two examples of accomplishments were they not?