Author Topic: Civilizations do not fall to the power of enemies  (Read 2354 times)

The_Professor

Civilizations do not fall to the power of enemies
« on: September 24, 2006, 12:41:28 AM »
Reaction continues: the Muslims are now calling for the removal of the Pope, because he quoted a Byzantine Emperor who was watching as the Muslims, in the name of their peaceful religion, were reducing many of the fairest provinces of the Empire to waste and ruin. Now in an effort to show us how civilized they are, they shoot nuns on the steps of their clinics, burn churches, and call for the removal of the Pope; and if there is any opposition to this among the Muslims, it is hard to find. It is one thing to note that most cannot possibly feel this way; it is quite another to see that they either do not care to dissent, or are afraid to.

Civilizations do not fall to the power of enemies. They fall due to the timidity or lack of will of the defenders; or to both. The West appears to be both; few defend our defenders, further reducing their ranks. And in the name of diversity we invite the enemy within the gates, and even allow the enemy a turn at being keeper of the keys to the citadel.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Civilizations do not fall to the power of enemies
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 07:52:54 PM »
That is a point , but in the civilization of the Muslim , who is defending the civility of their civilization?

Building a worldwide reputation for anti-intellectualism can't be good for the state of ones civilization.

When I was in Jordan I was treated very well, in the best tradition of hospitality that Muslims used to be famous for, I hope that they can get this back instead of getting famous as "unstable and dangerous" .

The_Professor

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2006, 11:31:20 PM »
"That is a point , but in the civilization of the Muslim , who is defending the civility of their civilization?"

I don't know; who is? Where is the voice of the "moderate"? I do not read them in any newspaper source. Do you? Where are the Muslim "moderates" who will speak up?

As far as your other point, they must respect intellectualism more than they let on, or they would not be able to produce nucaer weaponry, etc.

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 10:32:41 AM »
Civilizations do not fall to the power of enemies.

Really? And just how did the Byzantine Empire fall?

I don't know; who is? Where is the voice of the "moderate"? I do not read them in any newspaper source. Do you? Where are the Muslim "moderates" who will speak up?

Ever wonder why you don't read about them in newspapers? How many newspapers would make good copy by reporting on moderate Islam? What newspapers do you read?
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 04:08:10 PM »
What nlittle I`ve read of the moderates.
they seem to be on losing ground.
even in israel the moderates there are getting pushed around.