Author Topic: Nice e-mail I got today!  (Read 1379 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Nice e-mail I got today!
« on: January 13, 2010, 05:30:59 PM »
Subject: WELL SAID SIR! I want one of these t-shirts!

To President Obama and all 535 voting members of the Legislature,

It is now official you are ALL corrupt morons:

The U.S. Post Service was established in 1775. You have had 234 years to get it right and it is broke.

Social Security was established in 1935. You have had 74 years to get it right and it is broke.

Fannie Mae was established in 1938. You have had 71 years to get it right and it is broke.

War on Poverty started in 1964. You have had 45 years to get it right; $1 trillion of our money isconfiscated each year and transferred to "the poor" and they only want more.

Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965.. You have had 44 years to get it right and they are broke.

Freddie Mac was established in 1970. You have had 39 years to get it right and it is broke.

The Department of Energy was created in 1977 to lessen our dependence on foreign oil. It has ballooned to 16,000 employees with a budget of $24 billion a year and we import more oil than ever before. You had 32 years to get it right and it is an abysmal failure. 

You have FAILED in almsot every "government service" you have shoved down our throats while overspending our tax dollars

AND YOU WANT AMERICANS TO BELIEVE YOU CAN BE TRUSTED WITH A GOVERNMENT-RUN HEALTH CARESYSTEM??

Folks, keep this circulating. It is very well stated. Maybe it will end up in the e-mails of some of our "duly elected' and their staff (they never read anything) will clue them in on how American's feel.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your E-mail and More On-the-Go. Get Windows Live Hotmail Free.
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Religious Dick

• Drunk, drunk, drunk in the gardens and the graves
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Nice e-mail I got today!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 05:33:50 PM »
I speak of civil, social man under law, and no other.
-Sir Edmund Burke

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 06:13:39 PM »
Sounds like something that would bring a smile to Barney Franks face.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 12:53:23 AM »
I counted eight government institutions that are allegedly "broke."  Fucking bullshit, as far as I can see.  The Post Office is still delivering the mail, and the Social Security is still paying out all lawful entitlements.  Funny definition of "broke." but these guys are pea-brained psychos anyway, so why bother to take them seriously?

Still and all, taking these fruitcakes at their word, there are 8 government departments "broke" - - and if THAT'S supposed to be bad, how are we supposed to respond to the fact that EIGHT THOUSAND businesses went broke in the month of April (2009) alone?  Rpugh calculation, 8,000 in a single month means 96,000 in a year.  Can you imagine how many businesses went broke over the same time period that these fuckheads are bitching about U.S. government entities going broke?

And let's not stop at "going broke" - - how many of your "business leaders" are doing hard time in the state and federal pentitentiaries for their criminal misconduct?

And these dipshits are worried about their own GOVERNMENT?  What do they really want?  A fucking brain transplant?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 01:20:32 AM »
Businesses risk their own capital.

The government doesn't.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 05:30:15 AM »
Businesses risk their own capital.

The government doesn't.

Yes when a business goes broke it can expire but it can't raise our taxes.

Well untill pretty recently that was true.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 01:09:02 PM »
<<Businesses risk their own capital.

<<The government doesn't. >>

Never mind your capital, businesses will happily risk YOUR OWN LIFE AND HEALTH and have done so many times for the sake of their bottom line.    See Ralph Nader, Unsafe at Any Speed.    Look up Crandall Canyon Mine.  Do a little RJR Reynolds research.

Would that they DID risk their own capital.  Most of it seems to be capital borrowed from somebody else and that somebody else, being "too big to fail" can always get a capital transfusion from YOU, sucker.  So it is not their own capital at all that is at risk, it is your money, your health and your life.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2010, 01:54:58 PM »
Never mind your capital, businesses will happily risk YOUR OWN LIFE AND HEALTH and have done so many times for the sake of their bottom line.    See Ralph Nader, Unsafe at Any Speed.    Look up Crandall Canyon Mine.  Do a little RJR Reynolds research.

The American motoring journalist David E. Davis, in an article in Automobile Magazine, drew attention to the fact that although Nader claimed that the use of a swing-axle rear suspension was dangerous, Porsche, Mercedes-Benz, and Volkswagen all used similar swing-axle concepts during that era.[6] The handling of the 1950s' Mercedes 300SL Gullwing has also been noted to be tricky by modern commentators.[7]

According to an account attributed to U.S. author Bob Helt,[8] the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) ran a series of comparative tests, in 1971, studying the handling of the 1963 Corvair against four contemporary cars, a Ford Falcon, Plymouth Valiant, Volkswagen Beetle, Renault Dauphine and also a later 1967 Corvair (with a revised suspension design) was included for comparison. The account went on to describe some of the test details, which included a review of national accident data, and a review of GM internal files and documents, and quoted parts of the original NHTSA report.[9] The result of this test, according to Helt, was, "The 1960-63 Corvair compares favorably with contemporary vehicles used in the tests...the handling and stability performance of the 1960-63 Corvair does not result in an abnormal potential for loss of control or rollover, and it is at least as good as the performance of some contemporary vehicles both foreign and domestic."
Wikipedia - Unsafe at Any Speed
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2010, 05:36:02 PM »
If they had Nader cold on the engineering facts, why was he not challenged at the time?  Instead, they went after Nader with a smear campaign they invested a million bucks in, the only response they were able to mount.  Why?

How come they waited till six years after the publication of Unsafe at Any Speed to "discover" that he was all fulla shit?

And let's even assume, as could sometimes happen, that this ISN'T a giant whitewash.  How does that absolve capitalism from the charge of putting profits ahead of human life and limb?  The annals of capitalism are studded with examples of corporations that buy off regulators or get 'em transferred away, hide data of the lethal effect of their products, etc.  GM is just one page in the whole sordid volume of corporate miscreants.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2010, 05:57:24 PM »
How come they waited till six years after the publication of Unsafe at Any Speed to "discover" that he was all fulla shit?

Same reason why it took several years for the engineering data about the tower collapse to come out, or why the statistical analysis for the polls in Iran is just now coming out. Sensationalism is near instantaneous, science takes time.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2010, 06:01:06 PM »
<<Businesses risk their own capital.

<<The government doesn't. >>

Never mind your capital, businesses will happily risk YOUR OWN LIFE AND HEALTH and have done so many times ....................

Unlike Government?