Author Topic: No Laws Broken, Too Bad Losers Jesus Wins Again  (Read 13679 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: No Laws Broken, Too Bad Losers Jesus Wins Again
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2010, 09:14:20 AM »
<<The only question, snowblower, is do the scopes work? No one gives a shit what's on them.  >>

Translation:  Nobody gives a shit what the Muslims in general think of the U.S. armies that have invaded them.

But in reality, they (the war criminals at the top of the command tree) DO give a shit.  That's why Bush changed the name of one of his campaigns by removing the word "Crusade."    Simple principle and easily understood: the more potential enemies you can neutralize politically, the less it costs you to kill the rest of them.

Rich

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2010, 11:13:23 AM »
>>That's why Bush changed the name of one of his campaigns by removing the word "Crusade."<<

Now if we could only get the terrorists to remove the word Jihad from their campaign.

They won't and that's fine. They are fighting a religious war, we're not. We should be, but we're not. We're saddled with political correctness and worries about killing civilians. They're not. We should start killing more civilians. That would bring a swifter end to this religious war. We won't and thousands more will die because of it.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2010, 04:38:29 PM »
<<The only question, snowblower, is do the scopes work? No one gives a shit what's on them.  >>

Translation:  Nobody gives a shit what the Muslims in general think of the U.S. armies that have invaded them.

But in reality, they (the war criminals at the top of the command tree) DO give a shit.  That's why Bush changed the name of one of his campaigns by removing the word "Crusade."    Simple principle and easily understood: the more potential enemies you can neutralize politically, the less it costs you to kill the rest of them.

I'm trying to remember if we gave a damn what the Nazi's and Japanese thought?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2010, 05:49:58 PM »
<<I'm trying to remember if we gave a damn what the Nazi's and Japanese thought?>>

Obviously you did.  I was just listening to some of the Glenn Miller band's recordings made for broadcast in the Abbey Road recording studios in London in 1944, and not only did Glenn Miller and his announcer, "Ilse," banter with one another in German, but quite a few of the songs were actually sung in German by the band's artists, including Johnny Desmond and some others I can't recall.  Interspersed with the showbiz patter, the Major and "Ilse" made sure to let their German audience know that a better life of freedom awaited them after the destruction of all "Nazi gangsterism"  which the Allies "would see to."  Although the Major and "Ilse" emphasized that the band was made up of all "American boys," and went on to specify some of the nationalities making music together, they were careful not to mention Jews as being among the ethnically mixed bag of musicians playing, just as they were care careful not to mention "Ilse's last name, Weinberger.

But maybe they didn't give a shit what the Germans were thinking, maybe their motive was just to provide some homesick, music-deprived Nazi murderers with some decent music, so they'd feel a little better about their mass murders.    Yeah, that must have been it.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 01:38:15 AM by Michael Tee »

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2010, 02:14:12 AM »
Wonder if the scopes have cross-hairs.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2010, 04:25:41 AM »
Firm will remove Bible references from gun sights

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_military_weapons_bible_references

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2010, 12:06:23 PM »
<<Rev. C. Welton Gaddy, president of the Interfaith Alliance, said in a letter sent Thursday to President Barack Obama that the gun sights "clearly violate" the rule against proselytizing. Gaddy added that "images of American soldiers as Christian crusaders come to mind when they are carrying weaponry bearing such verses.">>

Can we re-title the thread?   "Too Bad, Losers, Jesus Loses Again." 

Keepin it real.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2010, 01:24:28 PM »
Rev. C. Welton Gaddy, president of the Interfaith Alliance, said in a letter sent Thursday to President Barack Obama that the gun sights "clearly violate" the rule against proselytizing.

Trijicon reacted due to potential loss of sales.

But i'm not getting how the marking on the sights is proselytizing.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2010, 01:35:47 PM »
<<But i'm not getting how the marking on the sights is proselytizing.>>

I don't think it is proselytizing either.

It's just that by giving one religion an apparent "inside track" with the government - - "Look, MY religion's on all GI scopes and yours ain't!" - - which in some way gives added prestige, in the eyes of some, to that religion.  There is no reason why the government should give added prestige to any particular religion or IMHO to religion in general.

All who are opposed to the spreading role of government in our lives, all who want to reduce government  functions to the barest minimum, why are they suddenly in favour of government taking on an unnecessary role, that of lending its prestige to one religion over the others by endorsing (by purchase) the products of manufacturers who choose to add functionally unnecessary embellishments to their product solely to advance their own religious beliefs?  Especially when the presence of the scripture adds to the fury of the people who you are fighting with?   What is the point?  If their own officers give them morale-building pep talks, why reinforce the anger and motivation that those officers are trying to instill?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2010, 01:52:15 PM »
<<But i'm not getting how the marking on the sights is proselytizing.>>

I don't think it is proselytizing either.  It's just that by giving one religion an apparent "inside track" with the government - - "Look, MY religion's on all GI scopes and yours ain't!" - - which in some way gives added prestige, in the eyes of some, to that religion.  There is no reason why the government should give added prestige to any particular religion or IMHO to religion in general.

Cool........perhaps some pictures of Korans in the middle of targets could balance things out??  Just an idea, in the name of diversity, of course

JK

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2010, 02:05:14 PM »
Do you have a problem with listing the religious preference of a soldier on their dog tags?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2010, 02:38:56 PM »
I would not
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2010, 05:09:25 PM »
References to Bible scripture on gunsights is probably not a violation of rules against church and state, but it IS stupid to a very high degree. If I were in charge of purchasing these, I would refuse to accept delivery on the grounds that they were not ordered as delivered.

As it is, I just think it is dumb and meaningless. As it would be to have Islamic references, Buddhist references or images of the Great Flying Spaghetti Monster on gun sights.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2010, 05:24:56 PM »
<<Do you have a problem with listing the religious preference of a soldier on their dog tags?>>

Depends on the soldier's consent.  Here's a true story for you from my late friend and neighbour, an English soldier who enlisted in 1939, was wounded in France, evacuated at Dunkirk, fought again in the Middle East and Greece, was captured, escaped and recaptured.  Before his unit shipped out, the officers called the whole group together and offered the Jewish guys a choice of fake dog-tags showing them as members of several main-stream Protestant churches, which had agreed to the deception.  (The RCC had been asked and refused to participate.)  Every one of the Jewish soldiers refused, and nobody pressed them on it.  This issue was left until the eve of the embarkation.  At that point, the officers went round to the Jewish soldiers in private and repeated the offer, but this time the men were told, this is your last chance - - we ship out tonight.  There won't be any more chances.  If the Jerries get you and find out you're a Jew, we can't vouchsafe your treatment or your safety.  At that point, every Jewish soldier in the unit took the fake dogtags.

My friend told the story as an example of the British Army's superb understanding of soldier psychology.  They knew that the boys' egos needed the opportunity of rejecting the first offer, demonstrating their bravado and acting like big shots in front of their buddies, and they gave them that chance.  They also knew that a soldier would have to be nuts not to take advantage of the offer and that those who through stubbornness or pride had refused it in front of their mates, would agonize later, when it was too late, about what could happen to them if captured.  Hence the second offer, on the eve of the embarkation.  In short, they knew that the first offer would be turned down and that the second would be accepted.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2010, 07:26:27 PM »
Nice story, but not the point of my question. Would listing religious preferences on a dog tag be considered proselytizing?