Author Topic: No Laws Broken, Too Bad Losers Jesus Wins Again  (Read 13663 times)

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
No Laws Broken, Too Bad Losers Jesus Wins Again
« on: January 18, 2010, 09:44:32 PM »
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/us-military-weapons-inscribed-secret-jesus-bible-codes/story?id=9575794&page=1

Coded references to New Testament Bible passages about Jesus Christ are inscribed on high-powered rifle sights provided to the United States military by a Michigan company, an ABC News investigation has found.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: No Laws Broken, Too Bad Losers Jesus Wins Again
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 10:07:00 PM »
said Weinstein. "It's literally pushing fundamentalist Christianity at the point of a gun against the people that we're fighting. We're emboldening an enemy."

Who told them about this Mr Weinstien?

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 10:51:32 PM »
said Weinstein. "It's literally pushing fundamentalist Christianity at the point of a gun against the people that we're fighting. We're emboldening an enemy."

Who told them about this Mr Weinstien?

sounds like a witchhunt to me, more Christian persecution

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 11:02:47 PM »
<<Weinstein, an attorney and former Air Force officer, said many members of his group who currently serve in the military have complained about the markings on the sights. He also claims they've told him that commanders have referred to weapons with the sights as "spiritually transformed firearm of Jesus Christ." >>

That's hilarious.  "Firearms of Jesus Christ."  What WAS the preferred weapon of Jesus Christ anyway, given that not even the Chinese had gunpowder back in the day?   Did Jesus prefer the mace?  the spear?  Would God have given him his own Colt 45 on condition he not breathe a word of it to the Chinese?

I'll bet that a good shahid goes to his death with Koranic verses inscribed somewhere on some garment or accessory, so I guess it's only fair and logical that those who hunt them down in the name of a rival god can have their god's insignia inscribed on their weapons.

The problem is going to be for the Afghan and Iraqi puppet armies - -  now their enemies can label them as infidels, hunting true believers with weapons blessed by the priests of the infidels' fake religion.  What more proof do they need that this is just the latest Crusade?  I think it's a propaganda bonanza.

HEY, I don't know how all those lines got struck out, but I didn't do it.  If there's a strikeout in anything that appears above, it wasn't me, and hopefully it wasn't BT either.  That leaves only The Big Fella Upstairs, who may be indicating some degree of displeasure with my flippancy.  Next warning is the bolt of lightning.  I'll let you know when     aaaaaaargh!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 11:06:25 PM by Michael Tee »

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 11:05:44 PM »
<<Weinstein, an attorney and former Air Force officer, said many members of his group who currently serve in the military have complained about the markings on the sights. He also claims they've told him that commanders have referred to weapons with the sights as "spiritually transformed firearm of Jesus Christ." >>

That's hilarious.  "Firearms of Jesus Christ."  What WAS the preferred weapon of Jesus Christ anyway, given that not even the Chinese had gunpowder back in the day?   Did Jesus prefer the mace?  the spear?  Would God have given him his own Colt 45 on condition he not breathe a word of it to the Chinese?

I'll bet that a good shahid goes to his death with Koranic verses inscribed somewhere on some garment or accessory, so I guess it's only fair and logical that those who hunt them down in the name of a rival god can have their god's insignia inscribed on their weapons.

The problem is going to be for the Afghan and Iraqi puppet armies - -  now their enemies can label them as infidels, hunting true believers with weapons blessed by the priests of the infidels' fake religion.  What more proof do they need that this is just the latest Crusade?  I think it's a propaganda bonanza.

what with the crossed out text? It went over me head because I missed the last Mensa meeting

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 11:07:40 PM »
Sounds to me like Trijicon is in violation of it's supply contract.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 11:10:55 PM »
<<It went over me head because I missed the last Mensa meeting>>

That's too bad.  It was the one where we had to expel you for submitting forged transcripts with your application.  And you're not getting a refund of your entry fees either.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2010, 11:13:20 PM »
Sounds to me like Trijicon is in violation of it's supply contract.

I seriously doubt it. Personally I doubt any restrictions of that type would be in the contract. Personally I doubt the government contracting agent would have thought to include anything like that in the contract and personally I would bet the manufacturer checked with the attorney and he said it wasn't a problem. I bet the manufacturer has the government by the balls right now.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 11:19:54 PM by Kramer »

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2010, 11:51:34 PM »
I doubt it, Officers don't talk that way.
NCO's maybe.

That's hilarious.  "Firearms of Jesus Christ."  What WAS the preferred weapon of Jesus Christ anyway, given that not even the Chinese had gunpowder back in the day?   Did Jesus prefer the mace?  the spear?  Would God have given him his own Colt 45 on condition he not breathe a word of it to the Chinese?

Seems as if swords get mentioned most.

Matthew 10:34
Matthew 26:52
"Put your sword back in its place," Jesus said to him, "for all who draw the sword will die by the sword.
383.Luke 21:24
They will fall by the sword and will be taken as prisoners to all the nations. Jerusalem will be trampled on by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.
Luke 21:23-25 (in Context) Luke 21 (Whole Chapter)
384.Luke 22:36
He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.
Luke 22:35-37 (in Context) Luke 22 (Whole Chapter)
385.Luke 22:38
The disciples said, "See, Lord, here are two swords." "That is enough," he replied.
Luke 22:37-39 (in Context) Luke 22 (Whole Chapter)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2010, 12:16:05 AM »
I doubt the contract specified the inclusions of bible references in the RFQ. It doesn't need to exclude them.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2010, 12:25:01 AM »
I doubt the contract specified the inclusions of bible references in the RFQ. It doesn't need to exclude them.

yes but scripture has always been on the sights. They aren't clearly marked as scripture and I bet these sights are what the soldiers want and there might not be a replacement company to substitute these sights with so the government might be in a tough position. I hope the manufacturer holds firm and does not cave in to the government.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2010, 12:50:13 AM »

<<I doubt it, Officers don't talk that way.
<<NCO's maybe.>>

Yeah?  I'll show you how REAL officers talk:

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines03/1016-01.htm

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2010, 01:00:59 AM »

<<I doubt it, Officers don't talk that way.
<<NCO's maybe.>>

Yeah?  I'll show you how REAL officers talk:

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines03/1016-01.htm

This is the issue, te one you found has a perfect right to say what he thinks, but most of them are too concerned about their promotion potential to promote and religion or philosophy.

For the Army, the issue of officers expressing religious opinions publicly has been a sensitive problem for many years, according to a former head of the Army Judge Advocate General's office who is now retired but continues to serve in government as a civilian.

"The Army has struggled with this issue over the years. It gets really, really touchy because what you're talking about is freedom of expression," he said, speaking on condition of anonymity.

"What usually happens is that somebody has a quiet chat with the person," the retired general said.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2010, 01:09:43 AM »
I think we've strayed off the original issue here, which was simply whether or not officers spoke in religious terms, which you denied, and I quoted General Boykin to prove you wrong.

Gen. Boykin's freedom of religion was never an issue.  He spoke in a way that you said was not the way an officer spoke.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2010, 01:23:26 AM »
I think we've strayed off the original issue here, which was simply whether or not officers spoke in religious terms, which you denied, and I quoted General Boykin to prove you wrong.

Gen. Boykin's freedom of religion was never an issue.  He spoke in a way that you said was not the way an officer spoke.

I was a member of the Navy for five years, I have worked for the USAF twenty five years.

Now and then I have heard Officers talk.

General Boykin makes the news for speaking in a way that  officers very seldom do.