Author Topic: Election Winning Number  (Read 2299 times)

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Election Winning Number
« on: January 19, 2010, 08:19:18 PM »
I'm predicting Scott Brown will win in the range of 5%-8%

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Election Winning Number
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 10:23:16 PM »
Wow , seems as if you nailed it.

Where did you get the scoop?

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 10:26:08 PM »
Wow , seems as if you nailed it.

Where did you get the scoop?

As you can see from my posts early today I was confident Brown would win. I really just looked at pre-polling numbers and my gut feeling kicked in and came up with a number that I felt comfortable with.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 10:50:25 PM by Kramer »

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 10:51:03 PM »
They were hamstrung by renegade "Blue Dogs" in their own party, which prevented them from using the so-called super-majority, which apparently they enjoyed only on paper.  Now they "lost" what they never really had.  Fuck them.   The lesson is to clean house in their own party - - what is the point of supporting and tolerating Democrats who aren't really Democrats in their own house?  I blame the DNC and the Party hierarchy generally, and Obama specifically for not knocking heads together to get the kind of Democrats they need.  If Obama's hands were tied before his election (vis-a-vis his own party brass)  they're not tied any longer and now is the time to make it clear to the Blue Dogs that they have already forfeited the right to any Party support henceforward, and that they'd better get out of Dodge now.  And start backing it up, for Christ sake - - fuck incumbency, for a back-stabbing turncoat, there's no such thing as incumbency, Obama has to lay down the law to the party brass, and the party brass have to enforce that law - - that the only Democrats who will get Party support, that the only Democrats who will not incur vociferous and non-stop Party opposition - - are those who are solidly and unmistakeably lodged as Democrats within the Democratic wing of the Democratic Party.

Stray Pooch

• Pray tell me, sir, whose dog are you?
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 11:15:51 PM »
They were hamstrung by renegade "Blue Dogs" in their own party, which prevented them from using the so-called super-majority, which apparently they enjoyed only on paper.  Now they "lost" what they never really had.  Fuck them.   The lesson is to clean house in their own party - - what is the point of supporting and tolerating Democrats who aren't really Democrats in their own house?  I blame the DNC and the Party hierarchy generally, and Obama specifically for not knocking heads together to get the kind of Democrats they need.  If Obama's hands were tied before his election (vis-a-vis his own party brass)  they're not tied any longer and now is the time to make it clear to the Blue Dogs that they have already forfeited the right to any Party support henceforward, and that they'd better get out of Dodge now.  And start backing it up, for Christ sake - - fuck incumbency, for a back-stabbing turncoat, there's no such thing as incumbency, Obama has to lay down the law to the party brass, and the party brass have to enforce that law - - that the only Democrats who will get Party support, that the only Democrats who will not incur vociferous and non-stop Party opposition - - are those who are solidly and unmistakeably lodged as Democrats within the Democratic wing of the Democratic Party.

I like that plan.  Let Obama do to his party what he is trying to do to this country.  Virginia, New Jersey, Massachusetts,  the wave is growing. 
Oh, for a muse of fire, that would ascend the brightest heaven of invention . . .

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 11:35:24 PM »
COAKLEY CONCEDED -- SEAT BROWN NOW

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 11:35:55 PM »
<<Let Obama do to his party what he is trying to do to this country.>>

Obama isn't trying to "do" anything to your fucking country, except steer it in the right direction after so many years of war, fascism, lies, rip-offs and neglect of the basic infrastructure.

What I actually suggested he do was purify his party, clean out the saboteurs and the deadwood and bring in some people who are committed to the kind of "change" he loved to prattle on about but never managed to deliver.

Religious Dick

• Drunk, drunk, drunk in the gardens and the graves
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 11:43:17 PM »
Here's a gem I culled from the RCP blog....

10:18pm -- Adding insult to injury, WBZ-TV reports that Scott Brown carried Ted Kennedy's home precinct in Hyannis -- Mike Memoli

HOW SWEET IT IS!!
I speak of civil, social man under law, and no other.
-Sir Edmund Burke

Rich

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2010, 11:44:21 PM »
Thank God.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2010, 11:48:00 PM »
Here's a gem I culled from the RCP blog....

10:18pm -- Adding insult to injury, WBZ-TV reports that Scott Brown carried Ted Kennedy's home precinct in Hyannis -- Mike Memoli

HOW SWEET IT IS!!

I heard Mary Jo Kopechne's parents voted for brown.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2010, 12:19:56 AM »

Obama isn't trying to "do" anything to your fucking country, except steer it in the right direction after so many years of war, fascism, lies, rip-offs and neglect of the basic infrastructure.

What I actually suggested he do was purify his party, clean out the saboteurs and the deadwood and bring in some people who are committed to the kind of "change" he loved to prattle on about but never managed to deliver.

Well I like your plan.

You know don't you that if these blue dogs were less blue they would be less elected.

Your plan ignores the people and seaparates the Democratic party from the people further than they are already .

As a Republican I call that a winner.

Stray Pooch

• Pray tell me, sir, whose dog are you?
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2010, 12:25:02 AM »

Yeah.  I know.  Good plan.  "Purify" your party so that the vey slim majority that it currently holds among the electorate evaporates.  Insist on solidifying the image of extreme liberalism that America has been rejecting for decades.   Get rid of those who are trying to actual appeal to the center and keep their hold on power in favor of a fanatical dedication to ideology.  I'm not disagreenig, Michael.  I think it's a GREAT plan.  I think getting rid of Jim Webb is a good start, after what he pulled today.  But Obama needn't worry.  We'll do that for Mr. Webb next time he's up for reelection.
Oh, for a muse of fire, that would ascend the brightest heaven of invention . . .

Religious Dick

• Drunk, drunk, drunk in the gardens and the graves
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2010, 12:34:05 AM »

I speak of civil, social man under law, and no other.
-Sir Edmund Burke

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2010, 01:01:12 AM »
Maybe you guys are right after all.  Maybe the electorate is just too fucking dumb to vote for universal health care and a single-payer system; maybe they're too fucking dumb to demand the heads of leaders who lie them into purely unnecessary wars; and maybe they're too fucking dumb to demand anyone smarter than Sarah Palin or John Insane  as their leaders.

Democrats, pack it in.  Not only are you too weak and unprincipled to choose any platform other than "bipartisanship" and GOP lite, but even if you did grow a backbone, you'd then become unelectable on a more principled platform, because of the fucking ignorance of the electorate.

It really is a hopeless fight, isn't it?

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2010, 01:05:38 AM »
Maybe you guys are right after all.  Maybe the electorate is just too fucking dumb to vote for universal health care and a single-payer system; maybe they're too fucking dumb to demand the heads of leaders who lie them into purely unnecessary wars; and maybe they're too fucking dumb to demand anyone smarter than Sarah Palin or John Insane  as their leaders.

Democrats, pack it in.  Not only are you too weak and unprincipled to choose any platform other than "bipartisanship" and GOP lite, but even if you did grow a backbone, you'd then become unelectable on a more principled platform, because of the fucking ignorance of the electorate.

It really is a hopeless fight, isn't it?

invite them to move to canada