Author Topic: Hitler reacts to Scott Brown's victory  (Read 1471 times)

Religious Dick

• Drunk, drunk, drunk in the gardens and the graves
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I speak of civil, social man under law, and no other.
-Sir Edmund Burke

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
Re: Hitler reacts to Scott Brown's victory
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 10:26:28 AM »
I agree with Rush...I bet Hillary was gleeful about Scott Brown's victory!
Hillary is quietly watching this Obama Trainwreck and thinking 2012!
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 10:54:06 AM »
Hitler makes some good points. Why does Obama still need his words fed into a teleprompter after a year? Can't he speak without notes by now?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 11:58:01 AM »
<<Why does Obama still need his words fed into a teleprompter after a year? Can't he speak without notes by now? >>

That is so obviously a made-up issue.  A teleprompter is just a tool.  Notes are just a tool.  Memory is just a tool.  What counts is the product, not the tools used to make it.

I always enjoyed Obama's speeches.  Bush by contrast was a fucking idiot and so it was painful to listen to the idiot trying to string words together, stumbling through with his mispronunciations and his garbled, twisted syntax.  A teleprompter can't help a fucking idiot, although I guess it could save him (and probably did, routinely) from even worse disasters.

A skilled, trained actor (Ronald Reagan comes to mind) can memorize fairly lengthy speeches and deliver them as if they were a collection of random thoughts just coming into his mind as he is speaking.  It requires a certain basic level of intelligence, because obviously an actor who can't memorize his lines is not going to last very long in the trade) but it's not a special extraordinary degree of intelligence.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 12:31:08 PM »
Coakley was the wrong candidate who got the job just like Bob Dole got the GOP nomination in 96: by always being there for the Party. But MASS has never elected a woman to the Senate, and this was in a byelection where turnout is always low.

A 5% plurality in a small state in a low turnout election is far less significant than the reactionaries are crowing about.

But the Hitler thing was funny, anyway. That was a GREAT film, by the way.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 12:36:02 PM »
That is so obviously a made-up issue.  A teleprompter is just a tool.  Notes are just a tool.  Memory is just a tool.  What counts is the product, not the tools used to make it.

Yes, a teleprompter is a tool that allows Obama to talk like a normal person. It is downright frustrating trying to listen to Obama without it, stammering his way through a sentence.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 12:37:25 PM »
But MASS has never elected a woman to the Senate, and this was in a byelection where turnout is always low.

A 5% plurality in a small state in a low turnout election is far less significant than the reactionaries are crowing about.

The close race for U.S. Senate in Massachusetts sparked a huge voter turnout, especially in the suburbs. For much of the day, turnout was at 50 percent or more in many communities.

Despite the rain and sleet and snow, even a power outage at one precinct that had people voting by flashlight, citizens made their way to cast their ballot.
High Voter Turnout For Brown-Coakley Senate Race
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 12:39:38 PM »
Coakley was the wrong candidate who got the job just like Bob Dole got the GOP nomination in 96: by always being there for the Party. But MASS has never elected a woman to the Senate, and this was in a byelection where turnout is always low.

The Massachusetts result was a total rejection of the Obama agenda, in the most liberal state. It would be like a Republican losing in Utah in the senate. Go back into your hole, XO.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010, 12:41:58 PM »
One election is any state is not any sort of massive anything.

You should have stayed in your hole.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2010, 12:46:08 PM »
Or, as Al Franken put it:

"This is a substantial enough victory that he should be seated as soon as legally possible. He won by 100,000 votes, which was about 100,000 more votes than I won by."
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2010, 12:46:38 PM »
One election is any state

Really, now.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2010, 03:17:33 PM »
<<Yes, a teleprompter is a tool that allows Obama to talk like a normal person. >> 

Normal person?  A housewife is a normal person.  The guy who fixes your car is a normal person.  Obama is NOT a normal person, he's a statesman, he's the President of the U.S.A.   The teleprompter when used intelligently, by an intelligent man, helps him sound like a statesman, just like speaker's notes have helped other statesmen to sound like statesmen, just like an actor's memory could have helped Reagan sound like a statesman.

<<It is downright frustrating trying to listen to Obama without it, stammering his way through a sentence.>>

Hah!!  What you've just described is Bush, struggling through his ordeal WITH the help of a teleprompter.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2010, 03:23:08 PM »
Wrinkly old Reagan used 3X5 cards and was utterly lost without them. He could speak, but his facts were off, since most of what he knew was untrue.

I see no problem with Obama or anyone using a teleprompter. The goal is effective communication: one might as well say that YOU complainers have awful handwriting and that is why you refuse to write out your posts in longhand and scan them in.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2010, 03:43:27 PM »
I see no problem with Obama or anyone using a teleprompter. The goal is effective communication: one might as well say that YOU complainers have awful handwriting and that is why you refuse to write out your posts in longhand and scan them in.

How do you know that I don't? My Nokia tablet and my Cliq phone will both accept handwritten entries and convert them to text. My phone will even do the same with SPOKEN entries.

The point he was making is that Obama stammers and stutters when not using a teleprompter, in a manner similar to Bush.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2010, 03:45:06 PM »
Precisely
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle