Author Topic: Tebow's Super Bowl ad isn't intolerant; its critics are  (Read 3959 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Tebow's Super Bowl ad isn't intolerant; its critics are
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2010, 02:48:55 PM »
apparently, inferred by Tee, Tebow's mom was on both a no-fly and no-boat list to America
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2010, 03:04:21 PM »
An American doctor in the Philippines still has to observe Philippine law.

It's against the law in the Philippines to TALK about abortion?

You'll have to provide the source for that one.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2010, 10:50:08 PM »
Even when Abortion is illeagal allowances in the law generally allow it when the pregnancy is dangerous enough .

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2010, 11:15:20 PM »
No response....not surprising
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Stray Pooch

• Pray tell me, sir, whose dog are you?
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2010, 12:33:53 AM »

Here's PP's description: "Former college and professional football player Sean James and Olympic gold medalist Al Joyner respond to the Focus on the Family Super Bowl ad, featuring Tim Tebow and his mother."

So they celebrate family by honoring their mothers and their daughters.  Of course, you can't honor your mother if she decides to kill you before you get to be born.  So in order to appear in this ad you have to avoid abortion.  You also can't honor the daughter you aborted.  So to honor your daughter you would have to avoid aborting her.  When Prevented Parenthood shows me an ad with a man saying "I honor the daughter I would have had that my partner aborted," or a child saying "I respect my mother's choice to have me ripped from her womb" I will be impressed.  Of course, someone may say "Well, I respect my girlfriend for dumping that kid and saving me child support" or even (and I wouldn't be at all surprised) "I respect my mother for aborting my sibling(s) so I could have a better life."  But I am pretty sure none of those dead kids are going to come forward thanking Mom for not bringing them into this world.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 12:35:24 AM by Stray Pooch »
Oh, for a muse of fire, that would ascend the brightest heaven of invention . . .

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2010, 01:44:40 AM »
<<It's against the law in the Philippines to TALK about abortion?>>

I'm speculating.  When abortion was illegal here, it was also illegal to counsel abortion.  What I thought I said in my earlier posts in this thread was that it was highly unlikely that a doctor practising in the Philippines when abortion was illegal there would counsel abortion or do or say anything that could be perceived as counselling abortion.

In fact, common sense tells me that no professional would counsel anyone to undertake anything that was illegal.  The guy's licence to practice would be at risk.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2010, 01:48:41 AM »
Still doesn't explain how Tebow's mom would be prevented from coming to the states.  Nor is there any presentation of Philipine law that makes it illegal to counsel on abortions

BSB

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2010, 02:39:00 AM »
When abortion was illegal here not only would highly reputable doctors talk about it within the protected privacy of a doctor patient relationship, they weren't adverse to doing one if it was judged to be for a medically, or psychologically, sound reason.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2010, 04:17:18 AM »
Try explaining that to Tee