Author Topic: Slippery Slope  (Read 3705 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Slippery Slope
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2010, 06:46:17 PM »
.he is going full boar!
===================
Is that anything like "whole hog"?

The expression is "full bore": it refers to maximum volume, not swine.

Again, MT has a very good point: if the government is not competent to decide when a sticking accelerator is a problem, how can its competence be trusted when it comes to assassinating people with no charges, judge or trial?

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2010, 07:05:33 PM »
<<So Michael....in a war...if some US citizens join the other side...we are to "call off the dogs" and not attack the enemy because when we bomb the enemy there are some US Citizens traitors among them? And you call me "F-ing crazy"? Don't advance on Hitler because woe low and behold there are some Americans that have joined up with Hitler?.....LOL>>

Christian, plane already raised this point and I already answered it in this thread.  His question was about an American on the road in Nazi Germany and my post followed shortly thereafter with a complete answer to his question (and your question.)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2010, 09:14:17 PM »
The expression is "full bore": it refers to maximum volume, not swine.

Maybe your's is...mine is "FULL BOAR"

Next?

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2010, 09:20:39 PM »
Christian, plane already raised this point and I already answered it in this thread.  His question was about an American on the road in Nazi Germany and my post followed shortly thereafter with a complete answer to his question (and your question.)

Oh I saw your answer but it's wrong.
The US is "at war" with Radical Islam.
"Enemy territory" is where-ever we find the enemy.
We are not going to allow them to set the rules.
"Oh we're in Yemen so ya cant bomb us".
As far as "trusting the Gvt Civil Service"....I would prefer private...but since all we got is gvt....then thats what we go with.
And I applaud Obama really increasing the Predator bombings way up and above over what President Bush was doing.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2010, 09:49:27 PM »
<<As far as "trusting the Gvt Civil Service"....I would prefer private...but since all we got is gvt....then thats what we go with.>>

So, as far as I can see, you're willing to have American citizens in Yemen executed without trial on the decision of some government bureaucrat and would be even more willing to have the guy executed by private enterprise instead of government bureaucrats if private enterprise were available to do the job.  Trial by jury before execution is just a silly idea.

In other words, you're choices, in order of preference, for the execution of an American citizen in, say, Yemen, are:

1.  (best choice) - "Solid facts" of guilt as determined by an executive of a private enterprise, say for example, Blackwater;

2.  (acceptable, but not your first choice) - "Solid facts" of guilt as determined by a government bureaucrat, Dennis Blair in this case, or one of his underlings;

3.  (unacceptable because of impracticability) trial by judge and jury with a right of appeal.

Did I get your opinion correctly?

CU4, you scare the shit out of me more than any of the other posters in this group, because a guy like you, a seemingly healthy, normal individual, with as little concern for traditional rights as you seem to have, is basically a new kind of American and the U.S.A. that a guy like you would be comfortable in, would be like no U.S.A. the world has ever seen.  plane, same thing, if those are your opinions as well.

I sure as bitchin hell hope that BSB is right and that guys like you are basicallly dinosaurs, a dwindling demographic unrepresentative of the American mainstream and soon to be phased out of existence by the growing non-white population of America, because if guys like you ARE the future, then God help America, you're really fucked.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2010, 10:53:32 PM »
So, as far as I can see, you're willing to have American citizens in Yemen executed without trial  
Trial by jury before execution is just a silly idea.

Is Obama checking passports of targets of his Predator missles?
Yes I am willing during war to kill the enemy no matter what country they originate from.
If some of the enemy are American traitors sitting in Bin Laden's cave with him the day a bunker buster bomb finds Bin Laden...so be it.

"Solid facts" of guilt as determined by an executive of a private enterprise, say for example, Blackwater

As compared to Lt William Calley or the entity that dealt so much better than Blackwater with the American Indian?

Did I get your opinion correctly?

Hell I dunno Michael....I believe what William Tecumseh Sherman said....War Is Hell.
I think one must destroy the enemy....the enemy will not set the rules.
If the enemy uses the constitution to defeat you what good is the constitution?

CU4, you scare the shit out of me more than any of the other posters in this group,

Honestly Michael....with no disrespect....thats a good thing....the highest honor you could give me.
I feel you are a supporter of the enemies of the United States.
It's a compliment for the enemies of the United States to fear the methods I want my country to employ to defeat them.

I sure as bitchin hell hope that BSB is right and that guys like you are basicallly dinosaurs,
a dwindling demographic unrepresentative of the American mainstream and soon to be phased
out of existence by the growing non-white population of America, because if guys like you ARE
the future, then God help America, you're really fucked.

LOL....Michael there will be no "out of existence"
The dwindling demographic just means there will be "Balkanization"....maybe/probably war
It's called survival of the fittest.....I like my demographics chances in a war of survival
There are many examples around the globe of a smaller demographic group "calling the shots".
But thats not really for me to worry about
Most of my life will have been lived in the "Leave It To Beaver" era
Down the road in a few years God willing I will live out the latter part of my life in rural America
I just bought a beautiful wooded lake lot out in the country...
I'll happily spend my last couple of decades in "Mayberry"....rural America
Sure the big cities will be filled with immigrants, leftist, and problems....
But Michael if I can create a few more jobs
provide something the public wants
be wise with my decisions & wise with my piggie bank then while "Rome Burns" in the big cities I'll be out here!
sitting on my porch....smiling  ;)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2010, 11:54:58 PM »
<<I feel you are a supporter of the enemies of the United States.
<<It's a compliment for the enemies of the United States to fear the methods I want my country to employ to defeat them.>>

CU4, we're not communicating.  I think the biggest enemy of the U.S.A. is guys like you, because you are subverting all the basic protections of the U.S. Constitution, something that no "terrorist" will ever be able to do.  All the "terrorists" can destroy are a few buildings, a few planes or a few thousand lives.  Nothing to a country as huge and as rich and as populous as the U.S.A.  Besides which, it is really a punishment you have called down on your own heads, by continuing to fuck with people who are learning how to strike back at you.  But the Constitution and its protection of human rights is priceless.  That's not being destroyed by "terrorists" but by guys like you agreeing to the piecemeal erosion of every Constitutional right.  To gain an edge in the "War on Terror" which is never going to end because as long as you fuck with the Arabs, they are going to continue to fuck with you.

<<If some of the enemy are American traitors sitting in Bin Laden's cave with him the day a bunker buster bomb finds Bin Laden...so be it.>>

But this isn't about some Americans caught by chance with bin Laden when the bomb comes down on him.    This is about some Americans in Yemen where they have every lawful right to be, traveling down a deserted road in the desert when they are deliberately executed by their own government - - no trial, no judge, no jury - - because some government employee says, "Those guys.  In that car.  The Americans.  Get 'em."    Maybe they really were very bad guys.  Maybe they were really "traitors."   But how do we know that?  Because Dennis Blair says so?  Who the fuck is Dennis Blair, and how does he get the power of life and death over an American citizen?  When before were American citizens able to be executed without trial by their own government?  This isn't Lincoln denying habeas corpus in the Civil War.  This is Lincoln marking American citizens for death and executing them without trial.  Never happened before, far as I can see.

Anyway, CU4, on a totally different note, Congrats on the lake lot.  I hope it works out well for you.  At least you won't have to worry about winter blizzards blocking the roads in and out.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2010, 04:21:55 PM »

CU4, we're not communicating. 

Oh we are communicating...we just disagree.

I do not want to check the passports of American enemies....I want to kill them.

And I am very pleased the guy you & XO supported in the last US Presidential
election is not checking the passports of people he is targeting with Predator missles.

Anyway, CU4, on a totally different note, Congrats on the lake lot. 
I hope it works out well for you. At least you won't have to worry
about winter blizzards blocking the roads in and out.

Thanks....can't wait to throw a southern style cottage on the lot
with a big wrap-around porch....but still got some work to do before
that happens.

BSB

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2010, 05:26:49 PM »
Nice looking little house there CU4.

Having spent some time in Texas bedding down under the stars, with rattlesnakes, scorpions, and tarantulas, I know there are an amazing number of man made lakes there. Where is that one?

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2010, 05:50:04 PM »
BSB.....it's in East Texas....not deep East Texas....just about where the pine trees start.

It's near Quitman, Texas (birthplace of Sissy Spacek)....maybe a half hour from Tyler.

Nice little 17 acre lake with about a dozen houses on the lake.....real quiet...peaceful.

Lake is supposed to be full of fish....PETA wont be happy!

Here's a few more pics of the lot.