Author Topic: Sarah Palin was a blithering idiot until she became a devious genius.  (Read 1860 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Sarah Palin was a blithering idiot until she became a devious genius.
So here's Mark Leibovich, writing in the NYT, about the powerful political position Sarah Palin has devised for herself:

Ms. Palin represents a new breed of unelected public figures operating in an environment in which politics, news media and celebrity are fused as never before. Her growing cast of advisers and support system could be working in the service of any number of goals: a presidential run, a de facto role as the leader of the Tea Party movement, a lucrative career as a roving media entity ? or all of the above. Whether she ever runs for anything else, Ms. Palin has already achieved a status that has become an end in itself: access to an electronic bully pulpit, a staff to guide her, an enormous income and none of the bother or accountability of having to govern or campaign for office....

... Ms. Palin is quietly assembling the infrastructure of an expanding political operation....

Ms. Palin has also enlisted a small team of policy counselors to guide her through the substantive areas in which many deemed her to be lacking in 2008....

People with knowledge of the daily briefings say they are conducted by phone or e-mail. They typically include information on the day?s news, material that could be relevant to an upcoming speech, or guidance about a candidate Ms. Palin might endorse....

[T]he question of Ms. Palin?s ambitions and abilities remain as much a mystery now as when she first stormed the national consciousness 18 months ago. They warn against any notion that she has any grand plan beside keeping faith that God would help her recognize ?the next open door? (a favorite Palin refrain).

What I love about all this is the extreme contrast to the way Palin was mocked when she resigned as Governor of Alaska. I, myself, did not think it was stupid, because I pictured her doing something like what she is actually doing, but I certainly remember the derision. Her political career was over. She was "toast."

A big difference between what I pictured and what she's doing is that she's staying in Alaska. I thought she needed to get out of Alaska (in order to run for President). It's innovative the way she's staying in Alaska. As a blogger, operating from my remote outpost in Madison, Wisconsin, I love that she's working through Facebook and staying rooted in Wasila, Alaska. Fox News is building a TV studio in her house in Wasila. That's so not toast.

http://althouse.blogspot.com/2010/02/sarah-palin-was-blithering-idiot-until.html

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Sarah Palin was a blithering idiot until she became a devious genius.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 03:04:37 AM »
News flash, BT - - she's still a blithering idiot.  Looks like her friend Leibovitch is, too.  I lost all respect for the NYT several years ago, and this puff piece isn't gonna do anything to earn it back.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 03:35:40 AM »
She is no more a blithering idiot than you are.

Rich

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 08:43:21 AM »
What a shocker, the FBI watch list asshole calling people names. It's a great argument isn't it? Repetitive I know, but what the hell, it's the best we've got. But hey, this shit hole and Plane need him. Because without him the posts go down to nill. I guess having a delusional communist who supports the murder of American civilians and the mass mudrer of Russians, Poles, Chinese, and anybody else who disagrees with his murderous quest for blood is just what we need more of in here. Maybe if Schmidt took the time to find some American democrats to visit this shit hole we could relagate Mike to his proper wing of the saloon, the lunatic wing. That way we could enjoy some back and forth with people who at least have a state in the outcome. We wouldn't have to spend time and band width plowing through his lunatic hate posts.

Mike you cocksucker, Sarah Palin is so much better, smarter, and moral, than a slime bag like you could ever be. You sit in here and spew your delusional, murderous view of the world while people like Sarah Palin make the world a better place to live in. Sit in your basement and enjoy yourself Mike. Because if you come out, you are in the crosshairs.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 10:58:03 AM »
Lets be careful.
My brother called last night and said "are you watching CNN?"
I said yeah....he said "you know what they are doing don't ya?"
He said "They are McCaining us again"
Now the NYT writes a swell article about Palin?
Suspicion Alert!
They are building up Palin now.....hoping we choose a fatally flawed candidate
Or keep Palin popular enough to run as a 3rd Party Candidate to split the conservative vote
I love Sarah Palin.....agree with her on almost everything...but at this time I think she
would be a disaster as the Republican nominee or the nominee of a 3rd Party.....
Be wary of a CNN/NYT lovefest of Sarah Palin!....They loved and promoted loser John McCain too!
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Rich

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 11:52:07 AM »
You've got a point CU4, but consider what the state run media did to McCain when he actually became the Republican nominee. They trashed him. They invented stories about McCain having a mistress. They attacked his wife for having a perscription drug dependency and seaking help for it. Something they applaude when they, or some Hollywood scumbag does it.

I really don't think Palin is going to see an outpouring a state media love. They hate her too much. She hasn't cosponsored any anti First Amendment laws. She actually had a Downs Syndrome baby rather than tearing it apart in her womb. She may not be the best candidate we'll see in 2012, but she is certainly a force for good in this country. A force that can help push back the statist hordes coming to ruin our country.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 11:54:02 AM »
<<She is no more a blithering idiot than you are. >>

I object to that.  At least, when asked, I can tell you what magazines and newspapers I read regularly.  She's said some pretty stupid things as a VP candidate.  Her academic history is mediocre.  Sure, she uses some of her book money to hire some high-class tutors but you can't cure a lifetime of ignorance and intellectual laziness in a year of cramming.  If she had it in her, it would have shown up years ago.   She's pretty good-looking, though - - the closest thing to Chance, the gardener in Jerzy Kozinski's novel, Being There, since Dan Quayle.  (Sorry, John Edwards, you're too smart to qualify.)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2010, 12:03:20 PM »
Dan Quayle was best noted for being the scion of a mega wealthy family.

MT is not presuming to run any country. Palin is, but MT is a lot smarter than she will ever be.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2010, 12:10:00 PM »
You've got a point CU4, but consider what the state run media did to McCain
when he actually became the Republican nominee. They trashed him.

Exactly my point Rich.
The leftist media have love-fests with Doles/McCains during the primaries.
Thus trying to influence and help candidates they know are weak/flawed candidates
Then after the flawed candidate is nominated they turn on them.
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Rich

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2010, 12:21:26 PM »
>>I object to that.  At least, when asked, I can tell you what magazines and newspapers I read regularly.<<

I object to you cocksucker.

Who gives a fuck what commie propaganda you read. If you were to be seen on a national news and asked such a question you'd be laughed right out the door. Does reading the communist weekly news qualify you for anything other than derision and national ridicule? Of course not shithead. Does watching Al Jaazera qualify you for anything other than a smart bomb up your disgusting commie ass? No, it doesn't.

Go peddle your commie hateful bullshit somewhere else no fly boy.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2010, 09:44:27 PM »
MT is not presuming to run any country. Palin is, but MT is a lot smarter than she will ever be.

Is he? To the best of my knowledge Palin has never gotten into a public pissing match with Rich.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2010, 10:04:16 PM »
As a public figure, it would be a huge mistake for Palin to have any dealings at all with Rich or anyone like him, let alone get into a public pissing match with him.     I was able to do  it only because I'm NOT a public figure.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2010, 10:10:55 PM »
I was able to do  it only because I'm NOT a public figure.

100 posts worth?

Seems like an error of judgment to me.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2010, 10:16:59 PM »
You exaggerate wildly.  I vented and then I drew a line under it. 

Mr. Calm, Cool and Collected.  You'd freak too if some snitch tried to fuck with your travel status in and out of the U.S.A. and handed your name in to the FBI.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2010, 10:46:10 PM »
She is no more a blithering idiot than you are.

OMG!