Author Topic: The Lynch-Mob Mentality  (Read 1530 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Lynch-Mob Mentality
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2010, 01:58:24 AM »
<<Once again you express a large preference for President Bush's methods over President Obama's MO.>>

I think that opens up a whole new topic here (how was Bush dealing with A, B, C and how is Obama dealing with A, B, C and then which of A, B, or C (if any) has any relationship to the targeted assassinations of American citizens by their government.)  So I'm just not going to respond now to that observation.

On just this one topic , you are getting nostalgic for Bush , because Obama is passing up chances to capture , he is even trying to close the recepticle for the captured.

<Takeing prisoners isn't happening anymore , much less headache to kill them.>>

I'm not sure what your source is for that, but I am sure that there are still lots of prisoners being taken in Afghanistan and Iraq.  Evey night, people's doors are kicked in and people hauled off for "interrogation" (i.e., torture,) imprisonment and "disappearance" (i.e., murder.)  Plenty of prisoners, plenty of jails, plenty of torture chambers, plenty of "black sites."
Your sure that Obama is ? As far as I know he has not captured a tenth the number that Bush did in a tipical year.

<<I think you main problem is with the parsimony of Al Queda , who are too cheap to put their fighters in uniform.>>

My only problem in this thread at least is the murder of American citizens by their own government without trial, judge or jury.
Where were you when the Confederacy needed you to argue against Lincon? Oh you would have hated Lincon with a burning passion.

<<Are you really reccomending that all of the Al quieda be captured ? >>

No, I'm recommending that before Dennis Blair is allowed to decide that an American citizen should be put to death, that that American should be tried and convicted in a court of law.  Radical concept, eh?
Yes it would be totally new.

<<I would go for that if you could point out a reasonable way to accomplish it.>>

Well, "that" is about 180 degrees off topic, so I think I'm going to pass on it.

If there is no way to accomplish what you are reccomending then don't pretend there is, you are being retorical if not fancifull when you argue that people in combat should each be tried before being shot .

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2010, 02:06:24 AM »
plane, you keep trying to turn my argument into something that it never was, that is about how to deal with people in combat.

as far as your reference to Lincoln, as far as I know, he never ordered U.S. citizens to be executed without trial even in time of war.  If I'm wrong please show me where.

Since this topic deals with assassination by executive order and is not specifically related to battles or  battlefield conditions, your comments about taking prisoners, and how many prisoners were taken by Bush and how many by Obama are not only unsupported by any facts I have ever seen, but totally irrelevant and thus I won't respond to them.

Although you keep trying to re-frame this issue into how America is supposed to treat those of its citizens who are engaged in active combat against its armed forces, that is not the issue.  The commonly known case of an American executed in this manner without trial judge or jury was a passenger in a car on an empty road in the desert, not firing any weapon and not being himself under fire from others.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2010, 11:52:31 AM »
plane, you keep trying to turn my argument into something that it never was, that is about how to deal with people in combat.  Since this topic deals with assassination by executive order and is not specifically related to battles or  battlefield conditions, your comments about taking prisoners, and how many prisoners were taken by Bush and how many by Obama are not only unsupported by any facts I have ever seen, but totally irrelevant and thus I won't respond to them.

Except that it is PRECISELY related to battles, battlefields, and the conditions of war, which we currently are in.  No manner of trying to ignore that FACT is going to change that FACT      ::)

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2010, 11:23:15 PM »
plane, you keep trying to turn my argument into something that it never was, that is about how to deal with people in combat.

This is very key.

Is a person in combat only during the time that his wepon is hot?

Is his retreat and his advance not combat?

When is a submarine in combat? Only when it is actually fireing a torpedo? Or also when it is searching for targets?

All Al Queda attacks are ambushes.  Many of our attacks on Al Queda are also Ambushes , Ambuses count as combat to me.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2010, 11:44:27 PM »
And to most of the rationally minded
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle