Author Topic: Glen Beck  (Read 2061 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Glen Beck
« on: February 20, 2010, 07:39:47 PM »
Great speech

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Glen Beck
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 10:22:20 PM »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 03:04:41 AM »
This one?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 06:35:40 AM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/02/20/AR2010022004046.html?hpid=topnews
After three days of liberal bashing, 10,000 right-wing activists attending the Conservative Political Action Conference used their final night in town to give a sharp rebuke to . . . the Republicans?
Hahaha the "Post " can't beleive it.

That was one heck of a stem-winder of a keynote address delivered tonight by Fox News' Glenn Beck at the Conservative Political Action Conference, so powerful that somebody out there right now is probably trying to figure out a way to get a grassroots presidential draft movement organized.
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/Glen-Beck-for-President-84869392.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/20/glenn-beck-cpac-2010-spee_n_470356.html

I am sorry I can't find a complete transscript, but of course a transcript read without the arm waveing would not be much of the same experience.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 10:32:36 AM »
Anyone nutty enough to find "wisdom" in speakers like him will have no problem supplying the arm-waving as they read.

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 11:30:33 AM »
You're just jealous that Obama isn't as charismatic.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2010, 02:56:21 PM »
Part 1 was instructive.  From Glenn Beck's vocabularly-challenged beginning, to the line "I'm sorry . . . I don't use teleprompters" to the lengthy pause between the line and the applause, while his pea-brained audience processed the incoming information until the shock of recognition. . .  ahhh, humour!!! . . .  and the (finally) delighted laughter emerging from troglodytic brains, oh, that was VERY instructive.  God help America if these numbskulls ever get their hands on the levers of power.  God help the whole fucking planet.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2010, 03:07:08 PM »
Funny how we deride that which we don't understand.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2010, 03:11:16 PM »
Why do you think I can't understand a flag-waving jingoistic demagogue?  They're very easy to understand. 

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2010, 03:57:35 PM »
Flag waving jingoistic demagogue is one thing. Calling his listeners pea brained troglodytes is quite another.

Yet your favorite form of demagoguery relies on uneducated peasants to make the revolution real.

Even Chavez exploits the lack of education of his followers.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2010, 04:00:58 PM »
Flag waving jingoistic demagogue is one thing. Calling his listeners pea brained troglodytes is quite another.  Yet your favorite form of demagoguery relies on uneducated peasants to make the revolution real.

Boy, ain't that the truth.  The less educated the easier they are to "control", and that is the end game, in a communist regime.  Profit my ass, it's all about the power, the power to control, the power to dictate
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2010, 06:36:58 PM »
<<Flag waving jingoistic demagogue is one thing. Calling his listeners pea brained troglodytes is quite another.>>

Yet in each case the judgment was spot on.

<<Yet your favorite form of demagoguery relies on uneducated peasants to make the revolution real.>>

In Marxist theory, the Revolution was to start in Germany because of the learning and sophistication of the German working class.   The last place in the world that the Revolution was expected to break out was in "backward" Russial

The Revolution is not "made" by "uneducated peasants."  The "uneducated peasants" have to be led into revolt by the Communist Party, as vanguard of the working class - - a small, highly disciplined and motivated core group well schooled in Marxist-Leninist thought, including a thorough understanding of the class war and dialectical materialim

<<Even Chavez exploits the lack of education of his followers.>>

Really?  How?

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2010, 08:17:12 PM »

The Revolution is not "made" by "uneducated peasants."  The "uneducated peasants" have to be led into revolt by the Communist Party, as vanguard of the working class - - a small, highly disciplined and motivated core group well schooled in Marxist-Leninist thought, including a thorough understanding of the class war and dialectical materialim

In other words, the "uneducated peasants" have to be told what to believe and how to behave by a self-selected group of folks who think they know better than everyone else. (Fair warning: sarcasm ahead.) What could possibly be wrong with that?
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--