Author Topic: Selling Out 101  (Read 6843 times)

Mucho

Re: Selling Out 101
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2006, 11:47:40 PM »
All we are seeing here is that the Democrats have no real plan of their own , up till now they haved not needed one.  Now they do need one , what will it be?

This cartoon really represents the weakling the Repubs have made US, with their warmongering and economic stupidity , yaknow.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2006, 01:34:22 AM »
This cartoon really represents the weakling the Repubs have made US, with their warmongering and economic stupidity , yaknow.

Naaa, not really.  Just a good illustration of what this country gets to look forward to
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2006, 01:50:00 AM »

Naaa, not really.  Just a good illustration of what this country gets to look forward to

Yeah, sirs likes it when the super rich get richer and everyone else gets poorer.  That means that the economy is humming along nicely.  (for the super rich).

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2006, 01:54:14 AM »
Yeah, sirs likes it when the super rich get richer and everyone else gets poorer.  That means that the economy is humming along nicely.  (for the super rich).

Or more accurately, when the rich get richer, the middle class move to the rich class (whatever that's supposed to mean), and the poor move to the middle class, with the goal of reaching the "rich class".  That's what "sirs likes" & what it means for the economy to be humming nicely
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2006, 01:56:15 AM »

Or more accurately, when the rich get richer, the middle class move to the rich class (whatever that's supposed to mean), and the poor move to the middle class, with the goal of reaching the "rich class".  That's what "sirs likes" & what it means for the economy to be humming nicely

Then you must be very unhappy since the rich have gotten richer and every other class has gotten poorer.

But that's over in Brassreality not in sun shines out Rush's assworld.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2006, 02:02:45 AM »
"... every other class has gotten poorer."

I am pretty sure that this isn not true at all , also it is not how the song goes .

The rich get richer and the poor get ...children..

In the mean time , in between time

Ain't we got fun.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2006, 02:05:32 AM »

Then you must be very unhappy since the rich have gotten richer and every other class has gotten poorer.
[/quote]

Actually, EVERYONE's gotten richer, simply that "the super rich" get richer faster, and thus skew your scale.  It also doesn't ignore the folks that transition from the lower poor classes to the middle & upper classes.  But please, continue fantasizing the evils of Capitalism and those evil uber rich folk like Soros......ooops, I mean Buffett......oooops

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2006, 02:07:35 AM »

Actually, EVERYONE's gotten richer, simply that "the super rich" get richer faster, and thus skew your scale.  It also doesn't ignore the folks that transition from the lower poor classes to the middle & upper classes.  But please, continue fantasizing the evils of Capitalism and those evil uber rich folk like Soros......ooops, I mean Buffett......oooops
[/quote]

And don't forget uber liberal BEN STEIN.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2006, 02:10:52 AM »

Never, though last time I checked I don't think he was a "liberal".  Another error on your part?  It's hard to keep track of all of them

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2006, 02:14:10 AM »

Never, though last time I checked I don't think he was a "liberal".  Another error on your part?  It's hard to keep track of all of them

Stein wrote that article about Buffet and how the rich don't pay their fair share of taxes.

Perhaps this escaped your notice because you had your head stuck somewhere.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2006, 02:17:23 AM »
Stein wrote that article about Buffet and how the rich don't pay their fair share of taxes.  Perhaps this escaped your notice because you had your head stuck somewhere.

Yea, I saw the article.  so?   He's absolutely entitled to his opinion.  Conservatives are wrong many a time.  Or so I'm told.  Nor does it rebutt the position that everyone is getting richer, not just the uber-rich.  Starting to turn rabid again?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2006, 02:19:41 AM »
"Stein wrote that article about Buffet and how the rich don't pay their fair share of taxes."

And then I pointed out that the only part of the tax structure that forces this to happen is the SS tax.

But you will not agree with me that the SS is a bad thing so I am unclear what you do want.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2006, 12:23:11 AM »