Author Topic: Iraqi People Vote For Candidate Backed By The United States!  (Read 3839 times)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Iraqi People Vote For Candidate Backed By The United States!
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2010, 10:35:29 AM »
the theory of European Indians is pure hooey, this is the first time I ever heard it

Well, now you can say that you've heard of it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solutrean_hypothesis
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2010, 12:14:40 PM »
That's an interesting article.  Actually I had heard of the Solutrean theory before but I forgot it because it seemed to have been disproven.  When I followed your link, and re-read the material, it looks like the theory wasn't so much disproven as challenged.  I'd say right now it's problematical and the odds are against it, but I wouldn't say it was all hooey.  It's an intriguing theory that might have some truth to it.

Apparently no Solutrean human remains have been found to date, but that would be a make-or-break moment for the theory, if they could get enough DNA for testing.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2010, 12:49:47 PM »
I'd say right now it's problematical and the odds are against it, but I wouldn't say it was all hooey.  It's an intriguing theory that might have some truth to it.

It does explain a number of things that the "Clovis First" hypothesis does not.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2010, 01:18:01 PM »
What do you think it explains?

Also, how many ways can there be for primitive men or women to chip stone into spear-points?  What's so improbable about the Clovis culture independently stumbling upon the same technique as the Solutreans did?

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2010, 01:40:25 PM »
What do you think it explains?

The radiocarbon dating problems with the sites in Monte Verde, Chile (apparently, the Asians migrated all the way to Chile 1,000 years before they settled North America?) Also, the radiocarbon dates from the Topper site in South Carolina appear to predate the land bridge from Siberia that the Clovis people used to migrate from Asia, by well over 10,000 years. A number of other sites have problems with dating, several having been dated to well before the Clovis culture even appeared in Asia, much less before they traveled to North America.

There are lots of indicators that the Clovis people were not the first settlers of the Americas.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2010, 10:35:09 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kennewick_Man

Who does that look like?

This fixed the age of the skeleton at approximately 8,400 radiocarbon years or 9,300 calendar years, not the nineteenth century, as had originally been assumed.[4] After studying the bones, Chatters concluded they belonged to a Caucasoid male about 68 inches (173 cm) tall who had died in his mid fifties.[4]

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2010, 11:30:35 PM »
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 01:54:17 PM by BT »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2010, 01:23:37 PM »
Who does that look like?
===============================
Gawd! the Native Americans are all descended from Jean-Luc Piccard!

Caught in one of those defective transporter/warp speed anomalies, I'll bet!
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."