Author Topic: 3DHS Political Wish List  (Read 7954 times)

Diane

Re: 3DHS Political Wish List
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2006, 02:34:48 PM »
I wish that all people would stop being lazy and educate themselves before they choose to believe a. The mainstream media, b. the government, c. their neighbors including friends and family.

Every year it gets worse and worse.  We see people voting for people on issues that are not even in their jurisdiction.  We read people espousing knowledge garnered from unreliable sources on the internet.

It is ridiculous....strain your brain and THINK

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2006, 02:40:46 PM »
OUCH!  That hurt!

You'll be hearing from my attorney!

;D

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2006, 02:43:49 PM »
It's a shame that the public libraries are so poorly run in your neck of the woods. Maybe you should get some Republicans in to fix up the problems.

we`re talking about public money here
as a civil servant I can state that library is lucky to have the books they got at all

in government I have no fear we`ll get too high tech

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2006, 03:14:33 PM »
It's a shame that the public libraries are so poorly run in your neck of the woods. Maybe you should get some Republicans in to fix up the problems.
==============================================
I don't use the public library here in FL. I was referring to a library in Cranston, RI, where I was visiting, and another in Liberty,MO, where my sister works as an asst. librarian.

The problem is not a lack of Republicans, but a lack of money and/or adequate repair persons.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

larry

« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2006, 03:39:33 PM »
Do all libraries issue a "CLAN CARD" ? I was issued one in Illinois some years ago. A little side note. The first Library established in the United States is still in operation. It is a little one room red building located in the 18 hundred block, on Maine St. In Warwich R.I.