Author Topic: Madrid concedes to Wilson in 1st District  (Read 1295 times)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Madrid concedes to Wilson in 1st District
« on: November 21, 2006, 05:36:09 PM »
Tuesday, November 21, 2006

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) -- Democrat Patricia Madrid has conceded, two weeks after the general election. Madrid was defeated by incumbent Republican Heather Wilson in the 1st Congressional District.

She says a recount would cost too much and there was no guarantee it would change anything. Madrid says the cost of a full recount could be as high as 250-thousand to 300-thousand dollars across the district.

She says the Democrats didn't have enough money. Wilson won the November 7th election by 875 votes out of nearly 211-thousand cast.

Wilson declared victory more than a week ago.

But Madrid said today that if only one person in each precinct had voted for her instead of Wilson, Madrid would have won.

Article
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Madrid concedes to Wilson in 1st District
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 08:46:20 PM »
I think this was in the cards many days ago, but I'm glad to know the result.  I had a bit of a personal interest in this campaign but...better luck next time.
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.