Author Topic: From the "Drill, Baby, Drill" Morons, a Deafening Silence  (Read 21070 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: From the "Drill, Baby, Drill" Morons, a Deafening Silence
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2010, 06:06:51 PM »
ya know, people wouldn't slip in bathtubs if there weren't bathtubs.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2010, 06:10:28 PM »
what`s confusing about offshore oiling is the reason to not to drill.
that congress women I mention gave to me a very logical reason ,but to the enviromental minded person this would never be used and sound highly offense-madness

she simply stated california has a 1 billion dollar tourist industry and a 1 billion dollar fishing industry.
the maximun amount of predicted money produce from that rig is $200mil.
and that rig will risk those 2 industries and then she brought up ,that oil isn`t going anywhere so it should be used as a reserve site incase of emergency.

I thought it made sense, but I really got some serious negative responses from that.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2010, 07:05:07 PM »
<<drill baby drill - yeah drill drill drill go for it!!! I love the smell of exhaust fumes in the morning. plus what the heck, oil seeps into the oceans naturally all the time...>>

Funny how with all that "natural seeping" nobody had to go into emergency mode to save the beaches, the wildlife or the food sources such as the oyster beds, until this particular rig exploded.   Looks like there's a difference between a piss in the ocean and a damburst.

The rig probably 'exploded' because Obama had previously said drill baby drill and so he had it blown up in order to back-peddle on his promise. In the meantime he is moving about as fast as Bush did with Katrina, but sense you like to eat his shit I'm sure you are OK with his inaction.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2010, 07:13:28 PM »
<<ya know, people wouldn't slip in bathtubs if there weren't bathtubs. >>

Wouldn't fall on sidewalks if there were no sidewalks.  Wouldn't get kicked in the head by horses if there were no horses.  I think yer on ta somethin, BT.

Whaddaya think is gonna cost more to fix, the bathtub slip & fall, or the oil leak?

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2010, 07:15:29 PM »

Wouldn't fall on sidewalks if there were no sidewalks.  Wouldn't get kicked in the head by horses if there were no horses.  I think yer on ta somethin, BT.

Whaddaya think is gonna cost more to fix, the bathtub slip & fall, or the oil leak?

Send the bill to BP

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2010, 07:21:07 PM »

Wouldn't fall on sidewalks if there were no sidewalks.  Wouldn't get kicked in the head by horses if there were no horses.  I think yer on ta somethin, BT.  Whaddaya think is gonna cost more to fix, the bathtub slip & fall, or the oil leak?

The slip & fall from the bathtub could lead to a traumatic brain injury, coma, or worse.  The "cost" to that person, in such a case, and to their family is likely incalculable
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 07:36:51 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2010, 07:31:44 PM »

Wouldn't fall on sidewalks if there were no sidewalks.  Wouldn't get kicked in the head by horses if there were no horses.  I think yer on ta somethin, BT.  Whaddaya think is gonna cost more to fix, the bathtub slip & fall, or the oil leak?

The slip & fall from the oil leak could lead to a traumatic brain injury, coma, or worse.  The "cost" to that person, in such a case, and to their family is likely incalculable

the dead birds and sea life are a tragedy but since Mike is OK with baby seal slaughters then dead birds are no biggy.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2010, 07:57:17 PM »
<<the dead birds and sea life are a tragedy but since Mike is OK with baby seal slaughters then dead birds are no biggy.>>

The dead birds and sea life, the destruction of future generations of them through the destruction of the habitats and the ruin of the beaches and the fishing industry kind of all add up to something bigger than a seal hunt.  People have hunted seals for centuries and the life of the herd goes on.

How the hell  this kind of tragedy equates to bathtub and sidewalk injuries is something of a mystery to me.  People will always slip and fall, on bathtub bottoms, sidewalks or dance floors.  That's going to happen as long as there are people to walk, run, jump or dance and surfaces to walk, run, jump or dance on.  Drilling under the sea for oil is a greed-driven, selfish and self-indulgent kind of specific behaviour geared to a need for cheap gasoline that would not exist with more stringent controls over the wasteful use of energy.  Moreover, it virtually guarantees spills in a way that using a bathtub does not guarantee having a bathtub accident.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2010, 08:07:08 PM »
<<the dead birds and sea life are a tragedy but since Mike is OK with baby seal slaughters then dead birds are no biggy.>>

The dead birds and sea life, the destruction of future generations of them through the destruction of the habitats and the ruin of the beaches and the fishing industry kind of all add up to something bigger than a seal hunt.  People have hunted seals for centuries and the life of the herd goes on.

How the hell  this kind of tragedy equates to bathtub and sidewalk injuries is something of a mystery to me.  People will always slip and fall, on bathtub bottoms, sidewalks or dance floors.  That's going to happen as long as there are people to walk, run, jump or dance and surfaces to walk, run, jump or dance on.  Drilling under the sea for oil is a greed-driven, selfish and self-indulgent kind of specific behaviour geared to a need for cheap gasoline that would not exist with more stringent controls over the wasteful use of energy.  Moreover, it virtually guarantees spills in a way that using a bathtub does not guarantee having a bathtub accident.

Look at what Global Warming did to NO with Katrina. Shit happens Mikey -- Americans are tough. Whilst you cry about it we are mobilizing under the leadership of Obama. Have e no fear Mikey -- Obama is here!!!!!!!!!!! That in it of itself is enough to make me feel secure just knowing Barry is steering the rescue ship. Hell, Barry should head to the Gulf and walk right across that oil slick to show us all how the Messiah makes it happen.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2010, 09:03:47 PM »
From CNN's Charles Riley

Sarah Palin took to Facebook on Friday to comment on the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
(CNN) - As thousands of barrels of oil leak into the Gulf of Mexico, and a massive oil slick approaches the Louisiana coast, Sarah Palin weighed in on the environmental nightmare.

In a Friday post on her Facebook page, the former Alaska governor expressed shock and sadness for the 11 men presumed dead from the April 20 oil rig explosion. And Palin said that her "heart breaks" for Louisiana's coastal residents who are "facing fears of the unknown impacts of the oil spill."

She also called for increased government accountability in the oil industry, saying that while accidents will always happen, companies "must be held accountable."

"It is inexcusable for any oil company to not invest in preventative measures," Palin wrote, while also mentioned her experience as an oil and gas regulator.

But Palin is standing by the rally cry she helped popularize during the 2008 presidential campaign.

"I repeat the slogan 'drill here, drill now' not out of naiveté or disregard for the tragic consequences of oil spills – my family and my state and I know firsthand those consequences," Palin wrote. "ncreased domestic oil production will make us a more secure, prosperous, and peaceful nation."

Palin has long said that energy independence and security are linked, an argument she repeated Friday.

"We need oil, and if we don't drill for it here, we have to purchase it from countries that not only do not like America and can use energy purchases as a weapon against us, but also do not have the oversight that America has."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/04/30/palin-weighs-in-on-louisiana-oil-spill/?fbid=UtHyQ5nqket

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2010, 09:25:55 PM »
And she tweeted about it earlier in the week.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2010, 09:27:38 PM »
And she tweeted about it earlier in the week.

Any idea how many follow her twitter?

Odbviously the origionator of this thread isn't , as I admit neither am I.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2010, 09:28:42 PM »
Not bad damage control.  I see that she ran away from "Drill, baby, drill," which somehow metamorphosed into "Drill here, drill now."   I have to admit she made a reasonable effort there, a lot less crazy than her earlier incarnations.  Probably never hear "Drill, baby, drill" from her again.  You betcha!!!

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2010, 09:46:49 PM »
Not sure if "drill baby drill" was ever her cry. Do you have a direct quote of her saying that, other than correcting Biden during the VP debates?

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2010, 09:57:55 PM »
Any idea how many follow her twitter?

According to Twitter, as of a few minutes ago, 140,053.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)