Author Topic: From the "Drill, Baby, Drill" Morons, a Deafening Silence  (Read 21120 times)

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: From the "Drill, Baby, Drill" Morons, a Deafening Silence
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2010, 11:26:23 AM »

If it is, we can expect to see all the fucking morons back on the bandwagon calling for MORE offshore drilling, as if the current fuckup had never even occurred.

You mean like people who still ride on airplanes even though some airplanes crash?
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2010, 11:48:53 AM »
<<XO claimed that it was the GOP Convention speech. He even brought up an article claiming it was the GOP Convention speech>>
Doesn't matter one God-damned bit where XO saw or thought he saw the speech.  He saw it somewhere and I saw it somewhere.
If the tape of the event did not show what XO remembered, it is possible the tape you saw was altered. 
If unaltered the tape YOU saw could have been of another event accidentally or otherwise misattributed to the convention.[/color] 

Come on Michael....you lose credibility with non-sense like this.
Clearly XO made a claim that AMI shows was not in fact true.
If we are to have at least the most basic level of honest debate in this forum this strikes me as really pushing the limit.

oh no.....now Cu4 is calling into question Tee's honesty.  Will Tee have no one else to "debate" with??  Cu4, how could you??

;)

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2010, 12:04:20 PM »
"Let's drill baby drill, not stall baby stall," Palin said of President Obama's recent offshore drilling announcement.  4/9/2010

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/politics_nation/2010/04/srlc_palin_mocks_obama_environment.html

Context.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2010, 12:41:29 PM »
Further to my last post on this, which was essentially just a reply defending myself to CU4, Media Matters has a whole history of DRILL BABY DRILL  which includes Palin saying this, at:

They have her saying it in 2010. A bit after the election, wasn't it?
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2010, 12:42:06 PM »
oh no.....now Cu4 is calling into question Tee's honesty. 
Will Tee have no one else to "debate" with??  Cu4, how could you??

Not really SIRS....I just think we all get so polarized
sometimes...in anger we can get to the point of denying 2+2=4

In fact I see Michael as much more "honest" than XO.
XO will never ever give credit to what he opposes or attack his own side
I have seen Michael do both.
You ever seen XO attack Obama?.....LOL....Not gonna happen!
Michael on the other hand has basically posted about his multiple displeasures with Obama.

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2010, 12:46:18 PM »
And the author of the Huffington Post article:

Nico Pitney is National Editor at the Huffington Post. He was previously Deputy Research Director at the Center for American Progress and Managing Editor of ThinkProgress.

Not that we would expect journalistic integrity from organizations that use propaganda outlets as farm teams, but to try to score minor political points at the expense of the pain and suffering of aquatic life is a bit much.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2010, 12:49:47 PM »
<<They have her saying it in 2010. A bit after the election, wasn't it?>>

The election is not the key point in this discussion.  Look at my first post - - the point was that the "Drill Baby" morons would all start running from their own foolish words as fast as their legs could carry them.  The key point in this discussion is the OIL SPILL, before and after.

Before, these jerk-offs were all "Drill, Baby, Drill," and my prediction was they'd be plenty God-damn embarrassed at how fucking stupid that turned out to be.  That they wouldn't be DBD any more.  Even Palin seems to be calling for some government oversight.  It's hilariousl

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2010, 12:54:41 PM »

<<Not that we would expect journalistic integrity from organizations that use propaganda outlets as farm teams, but to try to score minor political points at the expense of the pain and suffering of aquatic life is a bit much. >>

That's hilarious.  So now the GOP is weeping crocodile tears - - or alligator tears in this case, I guess - - over "the pain and suffering of aquatic life."  Holy fucking shit, will wonders never cease?  What's next?  a silent prayer vigil for the innocent victims of Special Forces murder squads in Afghanistan and Iraq?  How about the injured children of American bombing?  The torture victims of Abu Ghraib?  Geeze, I personally don't know how much more of this Karl Rove can stand.  I'll bet he's gonna become a registered Democrat if this weepy mush continues much longer.  Save the gators from Obama!!!

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2010, 01:24:59 PM »
So now the GOP is weeping crocodile tears...

What party do you think it was that setup the National Park System?

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2010, 01:27:05 PM »
Before, these jerk-offs were all "Drill, Baby, Drill," and my prediction was they'd be plenty God-damn embarrassed at how fucking stupid that turned out to be.  That they wouldn't be DBD any more.  Even Palin seems to be calling for some government oversight.  It's hilariousl

Seems like Palin was "for government oversight" before she was "for government oversight". Real change in policy, that.

From last year:

"My home state of Alaska shows how it?s possible to be both pro-environment and pro-resource-development. Alaskans would never support anything that endangered our pristine air, clean water, and abundant wildlife (which, among other things, provides many of us with our livelihood). The state?s government has made safeguarding resources a priority; when I was governor, for instance, we created a petroleum-systems-integrity office to monitor our oil and gas infrastructure for any potential environmental risks."
http://article.nationalreview.com/410205/drill/sarah-palin
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2010, 01:27:28 PM »
So, I have to insult Obama for Christians to put me in next-to-last place? It hardly seems worth the trouble. I am taking a wait-and-see attitude towards Obama. He hasn't lost his cool, and he seems to be trying to get things done in a very hostile situation, because of the economic mess he was given to deal with.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2010, 01:38:53 PM »
<<"My home state of Alaska shows how it?s possible to be both pro-environment and pro-resource-development. Alaskans would never support anything that endangered our pristine air, clean water, and abundant wildlife (which, among other things, provides many of us with our livelihood). The state?s government has made safeguarding resources a priority; when I was governor, for instance, we created a petroleum-systems-integrity office to monitor our oil and gas infrastructure for any potential environmental risks.">>

Sweet.  Still doesn't jibe with the pro-drilling policy of her and the whole GOP crew.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2010, 01:48:08 PM »
Sweet.  Still doesn't jibe with the pro-drilling policy of her and the whole GOP crew.

Sure it does. You can be pro-drilling and for governmental oversight of that drilling at the same time.

You do realize that "conservation" means "use wisely" and not "do not use" don't you?

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2010, 02:02:58 PM »
So, I have to insult Obama for Christians to put me in next-to-last place? It hardly seems worth the trouble.

XO you are typical of what's wrong in today's American politic.
I dont pretend to be an "angel"....but
It is next to impossible for you give honest kudos to the other side.
I suppose you are insecure and you just cant do it.
It's like you pretend the opponent is 100% wrong 100% of the time.
Thats nuts....but thats you.
On the other hand I have repeatedly given sincere kudos to President Clinton for some
of his policies, and I have given sincere credit to President Obama for some of his policies.
Your type of intellectual dishonesty is what causes deep resentment and extreme polarization.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 02:20:52 PM by ChristiansUnited4LessGvt »
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2010, 02:10:52 PM »
<<What party do you think it was that setup the National Park System?>>

Why don't you ask which party emancipated the slaves?

That was then, this is now.