Author Topic: Looks Like I have to do Your Job For you -- for inquiring small minds  (Read 20401 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Looks Like I have to do Your Job For you -- for inquiring small minds
« Reply #135 on: May 19, 2010, 12:18:34 AM »
Now you're just trying to manipulate semantics.  The position is clear despite you're trying to muddy it up

Nope, the inference that there is a big box that is communally owned by everyone is not semantics. If everyone owns this big box, then everyone is free to use any part of this big box - which means use of the little boxes, since that is all that exists in this big box.

I think that we should refer to the Preamble , where Congress gives voice to the entity "We the People of the United States of America".

We the people are an abstract entity , is it oximoronic to call an abstract real?

I think it real , and the Constitution is a tool of the people for the establishment of a government.

Altho it looks like something real when there is a fence  built on it , a border is also an abstraction anything that hasn't got a human understanding has a hard time detecting a national border.

So "the people " is a real abstraction , which produced the constitution and government , which are real abstractions and which establish and own the national border which is a real abstraction.

The accident of which side of a border one is born on has very profound effect on the way human beings live their lives , we the people of the planet earth have sliced the planet with borders all over the place , separateing society and society , and economy and economy. Is this longstanding convention of abstractions unessacery?

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #136 on: May 19, 2010, 03:59:24 AM »

LoL......riiiiiiiiiiight.  And OJ was really innocent

If you want to lie to yourself, it's nothing to me. Whatever helps you sleep at night, pal.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #137 on: May 19, 2010, 04:13:40 AM »
Someone who apparently can't seem to agree to disagree.  Sorry "pal", no one's lying here.  Anyone can scroll back not 1 page and see so for themselves.  It also includes the reinforcement, which was never in question, that the Constitution, indeed is meant to be a limitation of Government power.  On who you ask?  Big corporations?  Unions?  How about the Fast Food Industry.  Naaaa, its we little individuals, that make up America.  

But if YOU need to convince yourself otherwise, or have some innate need to have the last word, the floor is yours
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 04:29:47 AM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #138 on: May 19, 2010, 04:42:08 AM »

Sorry "pal", no one's lying here.

Well, you did, but who cares?

Anyone can scroll back not 1 page and see so for themselves.  It also includes the reinforcement, which was never in question, that the Constitution, indeed is meant to be a limitation of Government power, on we little individuals.

That wasn't the post with the lie in it. But if you want to claim that post demonstrated something it barely even addressed, you're only fooling yourself.

But if YOU need to convince yourself otherwise, or have some innate need to have the last word, the floor is yours

I doubt it.

Your argument was weak and ill-formed. And it depended on distorting the clear language of the Bill of Rights. And you supported it by essentially saying your argument was true because you said it was. You certainly demonstrated something, but it was not that the Constitution spells out our rights. And it was also not a demonstration of support for the notion of individual rights. On the contrary, it indicated support for the notion that rights are merely privileges granted at the whim of others.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--