Author Topic: Opportunity vs Outcome  (Read 12416 times)

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Opportunity vs Outcome
« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2010, 06:34:35 PM »
I have no idea what that means. Please don't explain it to me. Sirs, just accept that you and Plane won, and let it the frak alone. I'm trying to be nice here.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2010, 12:36:12 AM »
I have no idea what that means. Please don't explain it to me. Sirs, just accept that you and Plane won, and let it the frak alone. I'm trying to be nice here.

Well, I would have liked to have gotten somewhere on the actual question we started with.

I really didn't understand where you were going with trying to claim that exotic marrage arrangements were not about sex , or why this was important.

I listed several sorts of sexual relationships that either are or should be illeagal or discouraged , in answer to "what sort of sex ought to be restricted ?"

In the context of the question , where were you going by pointing out that some of these marrage relationships were non sexual?

I really didn't get the use of that , and I didn't get far past it either.

AAAAAAaaaagh!
Oh MAN!I don't approve of debateing the debate itself and now you have got me doing it!

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2010, 08:21:44 AM »
I really didn't understand where you were going with trying to claim that exotic marrage arrangements were not about sex , or why this was important.

That isn't what he said. What he said was that exotic marriage arrangements were not sex acts. He had asked you to list sex acts between consenting adults that should be restricted by the government. It's important because you didn't answer his question.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2010, 10:16:42 AM »

That isn't what he said. What he said was that exotic marriage arrangements were not sex acts. He had asked you to list sex acts between consenting adults that should be restricted by the government. It's important because you didn't answer his question.

I suppose that this is an interesting distinction , and indeed I was not makeing the distinction. Takeing for example Bigamy most states do forbid haveing two wives but do not forbid haveing two lovers.