Author Topic: Zio-Nazis Admit Purpose of Blockade Economic, Not Security-Related  (Read 1348 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
McClatchy Newspapers has obtained copies of documents previously filed in court by the Israeli government conclusively proving that the purpose of the blockade is economic punishment of the Palestinians for their election to power of the Hamas party and is not related to security purposes:

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2010/06/09/95621/israeli-document-gaza-blockade.html

<<Last week, after Israeli commandos killed nine volunteers on a Turkish-organized Gaza aid flotilla, Israel again said its aim was to stop the flow of terrorist arms into Gaza.

<<However, in response to a lawsuit by Gisha, an Israeli human rights group, the Israeli government explained the blockade as an exercise of the right of economic warfare.

<<"A country has the right to decide that it chooses not to engage in economic relations or to give economic assistance to the other party to the conflict, or that it wishes to operate using 'economic warfare,'" the government said.

<<McClatchy obtained the government's written statement from Gisha, the Legal Center for Freedom of Movement, which sued the government for information about the blockade. The Israeli high court upheld the suit, and the government delivered its statement earlier this year.

<<Sari Bashi, the director of Gisha, said the documents prove that Israel isn't imposing its blockade for its stated reasons, but rather as collective punishment for the Palestinian population of Gaza. Gisha focuses on Palestinian rights.

<<Read more: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2010/06/09/95621/israeli-document-gaza-blockade.html#ixzz0qRskfaHs>>

Those lying fucking bastards lie all the time, usually to fool the moronic American public into supporting their every crime and atrocity.  The American public foots the bill for all their shit, but the MSM, with all the money at their disposal, can't OR WON'T get to the bottom of the Israeli government lies.  A two-bit Israeli human rights organization, with a tiny fraction of the budget of any one major player in the US MSM, can dig out the documentary evidence of their blatant lies, but you know what?  The nitwit American public will go on trusting their MSM as it swallows one Israeli lie after another and says virtually nothing about the river of "foreign aid" milked by Israel from the US taxpayer for their criminal shenanigans.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Zio-Nazis Admit Purpose of Blockade Economic, Not Security-Related
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 10:26:32 AM »
This explains why they were blockading cement and rebar: there will be no jobs in construction restoring the many buildings and infrastructure ruined by the Israelis when they invaded last year. No jobs, no buildings, living in a field of rubble, that all increases the misery.

The Israelis want for Gazans to be even more miserable in their prison than usual.

And I contunue to remind the reactionaries that all this is due to Condi Rice's stupid idea to call for elections, and that even AFTER she did it, the same foolish people wanted her to run the entire country as president.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 10:34:19 AM »
I'm betting that the disclosure of this document will make absolutely no difference in the minds of the right-wing zombies who parrot Israeli BS as if it were hard-wired into their brains - - the blockade is justified by Israel's need for security.    The blockade is justified by Israel's need for security.  The blockade is justified . . .

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 10:52:52 AM »
I am afraid you are right.

Strangely, though they allege that the Zionists have a hereditary and millennial right to all the real estate they claim, there are none who speak for the unfortunate Canaanites. No one denounced the use of Joshua's trumpets, which were clearly Bronze Age WMD's. The Bible claims that God decided that the Canaanites should be defeated and removed, because apparently when Joshua came along, the area was NOT a "Land without a People" for a "People without a Land".

Americans claim that somehow God provided a goodly chunk of North America for those who settled it, and only occasionally mention how they are related to some mythical "Cherokee Princess". Somehow, Israel needs to be returned to the Hebrews, but North America should not be returned to the Sioux, Cherokee, Choctaw, Pottowattomie, Otoe, Crow and Kickapoo. The Mormons claim that they deserve special treatment with regard to real estate because they discovered and assumed the Godly gifts reserved for the Lost Tribes of Israel who became extinct when they fought too much among themselves.

When it is pointed out that the Palestinians occupied much of Israel  and the West Bank first, then Americans like to use the argument that the Israelis DESERVE it more, because, unlike the backward Palestinians, they "made the desert blossom like the rose".

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 11:00:38 AM »
A two-bit Israeli human rights organization, with a tiny fraction of the budget of any one major player in the US MSM, can dig out the documentary evidence of their blatant lies

But can't find the wherewithal to post the entire document, so that what ever claims the Israeli government is making are taken in context.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 11:18:02 AM »
<<When it is pointed out that the Palestinians occupied much of Israel  and the West Bank first, then Americans like to use the argument that the Israelis DESERVE it more, because, unlike the backward Palestinians, they "made the desert blossom like the rose".>>

So if I chase you out of your home at gun-point, I'm in the wrong, but if I then tear down your home and build a high-rise apartment building on the site, I am suddenly in the right because I made better use of the land than you did?

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 12:19:38 PM »
So if I chase you out of your home at gun-point, I'm in the wrong, but if I then tear down your home and build a high-rise apartment building on the site, I am suddenly in the right because I made better use of the land than you did?

That's the thought behind "eminent domain".
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 12:56:40 PM »
That's the thought behind "eminent domain".
=========================================
Well, sort of, but not quite.

The idea of eminent domain is that land should be used for the greatest good of the greatest number OF THE CONSTITUENTS WHO ELECTED THE GOVERNMENT CLAIMING EMINENT DOMAIN. For example, more people will benefit from a school or highway than those currently using the land upon which it will be built, so the government has the right to take the land and pay a fair price for it. Eminent domain rarely includes the issue of sovereignty.

The Israelis claim that they should have not just ownership of the land, but that the land be taken away from the Jordanians, Palestinians or Syrians and made a part of Eretz Israel as well.

The usual argument I have heard from the Zionists was that the Palestinians let the land lie fallow, and only grazed sheep on it, while the superior Israeli kibbutzers raised crops on it, and by virtue of making the land more productive, that meant that they deserved to occupy it more. Of course, most of the Palestinians were poor tenants, and lacked the resources to fence, irrigate and grow crops on it.

High rise apartments were not the usual developments mentioned.

I disagree with the argument as given in Israel, but eminent domain to build highways, schools, and municipal parks and water plants are often justifiable in my opinion. A change in land use for the same population to benefit the majority of that same population is hardly the same as taking land away from Palestinians and putting it in the hands of an Israeli as well as annexing it into another country where the Palestinians are barred from living.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 01:03:20 PM by Xavier_Onassis »

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 12:59:47 PM »
I thought "eminent domain" meant the government's power to take private property from a citizen (upon payment of reasonable compensation) if needed for public purposes, such as a bridge or tunnel.  And that a recent Supreme Court decision excited a lot of controversy because it validated the exercise of "eminent domain" power on behalf of the taking of a property for commercial activity which allegedly would benefit the general community.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 01:16:09 PM »
Governments have been using eminent domain to take private property from one person and transfer it to another person. For example, taking a block of single family homes and giving the land to a developer who will build a mall or an apartment complex there. The typical reasoning given is that tax revenues from a mall or an apartment complex are higher than from a block of single family homes.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)