Author Topic: U.S. Public Tiring of Afghan War, Opinion Growing that It's Not Worth the Cost  (Read 5349 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Tee is right, it is likely that many Afghan women consider the traditional Muslim role of women to be perfectly normal. In Somalia. female circumcisions are always performed by women exclusively. The idea that everyone thinks the way one thinks here is erroneous.

Afghan culture will be mostly determined by Afghans. It will probably take a long time before it resembles Western culture, if ever.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
<<The idea that everyone thinks the way one thinks here is erroneous.>>

This seems to be one of the commonest misconceptions that Americans hold.  If WE like something it must be good for everyone.  WE like democratically elected (well, kind of, in theory anyway) representative government, so it MUST be good for the whole fucking world and if anyone doesn't like it, anywhere on this fucking planet, well, we'll just kill him and everyone else like him till there's no one left alive who will disagree with us.  It's the most outrageously arrogant POV imaginable, only possible when combined with extreme ignorance.

Of course the guys who really run the "Republic" have no such bullshit illusions.  They know God-damned well there is no real democracy (because they subvert it and piss all over it every fucking day) and they certainly don't give a shit WHAT is good for any Third World country anywhere on earth, except if it possesses natural resources or strategic locations, then they want to control them.  The whole "this is good for them" shit is just a handy catch-phrase to enlist the morons in support of whatever aggression they are currently embarked on.  It's a lot easier when the morons are with you than against you.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Even taking just a fraction of the above garbage as true, it'd be taken as opposed to those who advocate anything & everything communist.  If not, be prepared to be liquidated.  Yea, so much the better & less "arrogant"

anyone want to guess where that rated in the sarcasm meter?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
This seems to be one of the commonest misconceptions that Americans hold.  If WE like something it must be good for everyone.  WE like democratically elected (well, kind of, in theory anyway) representative government, so it MUST be good for the whole fucking world and if anyone doesn't like it, anywhere on this fucking planet, well, we'll just kill him and everyone else like him till there's no one left alive who will disagree with us.  It's the most outrageously arrogant POV imaginable, only possible when combined with extreme ignorance.

Yup. Right up there with "line 'em up against the wall" if they don't want to help the "revolution."
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
<<Yup. Right up there with "line 'em up against the wall" if they don't want to help the "revolution.">>

The perennial American cop-out - - "Think WE'RE bad?  Well, (Commies [  ]   Nazis [  ]   Islamofascists [  ]   "terrorists"  [  ] 
Iranians [  ]     North Koreans [  ] - - take your pick) are one helluva lot worse!!!

Ah, well, I should've expected it.  What else they gonna say?

BSB

"American cop-out..."

Why MT, you wouldn't suggest that ALL Americans are they same would you? That would be like saying ALL jews are smelly little nazi kikes.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
<<Why MT, you wouldn't suggest that ALL Americans are they same would you? That would be like saying ALL jews are smelly little nazi kikes. >>

Your imagination must be working overtime, BSB.  Whatever gave you the idea that I was suggesting all Americans are the same?  When Americans DO cop out, the cop-out example that I gave struck me as the typical one.  You certainly seem to have learned some vivid descriptive language, though.  What branch of the German-American Bund would that have come from?  Or did you first read it in your personally autographed copy of Mein Kampf?

May I, BTW, congratulate you on coming up with a totally original cop-out of your own?

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
The perennial American cop-out - - "Think WE'RE bad?  Well, (Commies [  ]   Nazis [  ]   Islamofascists [  ]   "terrorists"  [  ] 
Iranians [  ]     North Koreans [  ] - - take your pick) are one helluva lot worse!!!

Ah, well, I should've expected it.  What else they gonna say?

You might have expected it, but that was not what I said.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

BSB

Ha ha, why MT with my long history of fair play in here? Voting for Bush in 2000 then not supporting his invasion of Iraq. Supporting McCain for years, putting my money where my mouth was, then voting for Obama? Being a life long Republican, but backing a womans right to abortion, not supporting the death penalty, and supporting gay rights like marriage etc? With all those facts you aren't really suggesting I'm some kind of bigoted German are you?

And gee, MT, you aren't some kind of bigoted Kike (((((are you)))))? Good Buddha, I certainly hope not. You wouldn't lump all Americans together, or everyone from Georgia, or every American soldier, (((((would you)))))? You aren't just some asshole troll flitting around throwing insults left and right for no reason other then the fact that you're a jerk, ARE YOU?

BTW, what do you think of smelly nazi kikes that suck off of societies tit all the while bitching like a little girl?

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
"The idea that everyone thinks the way one thinks here is erroneous"

XO on the other hand why is it places like Cuba & North Korea who
obviously "don't think like we do here" have to put up walls or
threats on people's lives if they try to leave? Ok so people
can "think different" ...thats cool...if for example Tee, BSB,
XO really decided they didn't like it here...hell...they're free to go...
they don't have to worry about Castro, the Taliban, or the "Great Leader"
putting a bullet in their head for trying to leave and go someplace else.

btw: BSB your obvious "kike insult" directed at Michael Tee is really beneath you & lame.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 05:56:02 PM by ChristiansUnited4LessGvt »
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

BSB

"Tee, BSB,
XO really decided they didn't like it here...hell...they're free to go.."

What planet are you on? Tee is Canadian. As for me leaving? If they start throwing people out for a lack of patriotism you'll be gone long before me. 

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
I think Cu4 is trying to imply a level of freedom, for anyone that chooses to want to leave, who are American, and don't like it here.  I don't think there's any sense of any one being thrown out, in his post.  Quite the contrary, when it comes to the regimes Cu4 was referring to

Perhaps you took exception to being lumped together with Tee & Xo.  That I can understand the type of response to Cu4, then
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Thank you SIRS....thats why I wrote "FOR EXAMPLE"
and wanted to use people as the example from different opinions.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
I know.  You made it pretty clear    8)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Plus I thought it was implied I meant they "could leave freedom/democracy/western society/thought"
ya know the way we think......so it does not matter that Tee is in Canada.