Author Topic: U.S. Public Tiring of Afghan War, Opinion Growing that It's Not Worth the Cost  (Read 5343 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
<<Some KKK victims were carpetbaggers too.>>

Yeah, well the "carpetbaggers" in Afghanistan are the "contractors" and they'll get theirs too.

<<It isn't a much diffrent appeal , I don't want to say that driving off an occasional carpetbagger justifies any of their less savory habits.>>

Who gives a shit what happens to a mercenary?

<<The Taliban are beastly to their own people their best clam to fame in the past was that they could defeat some rivals that were even worse.>>

They play by the local rules.  They never heard of the Geneva Conventions and they don't give a shit.  Home turf, home rules.  Worse yet are the Americans, who know all about the Geneva Conventions, and just write 'em off as "quaint and old-fashioned."

<<The People of Afganistan have an oppurtunity to live without them , I hope thay can. >>

plane, it is THEIR fucking problem, not yours.

As a Canadian the KKK is mostly not any concern of yours , but if someday a sept of the KKK were to burn down down town Ottowa. And the local KKK here were hideing the culprits from both the RCMP and the FBI , I know you would encourage me to support the KKK because I am a local of the same class as they. If I hid one of the Ottowa bomber  plotters or planted a bomb to destroy a vengefull Canadian ,I would only be looking after my own and I know you would understand.

Right?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
<<As a Canadian the KKK is mostly not any concern of yours . . . >>

I'm a human being first and a Canadian second, so the KKK is very much a concern of mine.  I just don't happen to think I have the right to invade your country to help you deal with them.  The KKK is your problem to deal with but it does not mean I'm not concerned about them.

<< . . .  but if someday a sept of the KKK were to burn down down town Ottowa. And the local KKK here were hideing the culprits from both the RCMP and the FBI , I know you would encourage me to support the KKK because I am a local of the same class as they. >>

No, I'd request the FBI to go find the KKK and hold them, and then I'd ask your government if you'd mind turning over those KKK they're holding to me, because they committed a crime on my soil.  And I'd expect your government to turn them over to me if I were able to produce proof of what they'd done here.

<<If I hid one of the Ottowa bomber  plotters or planted a bomb to destroy a vengefull Canadian ,I would only be looking after my own and I know you would understand.>>

First of all if you hid one of the bombers, I'd be very pissed off about it and I'd expect the FBI to find him and hold him.  And you couldn't plant a bomb to destroy a vengeful Canadian because there wouldn't be any vengeful Canadians going into Georgia after these guys.

Moreover, if I'd been subsidizing a bunch of gangsters for years to steal land from your KKK guy's family and lock them up in a huge outdoor concentration camp, I might find that my misconduct has raised some very solid suspicions among your FBI that I might not want or be able to provide a fair trial to the KKK guy, which could screw up my extradition request.

<<Right? >>

Sure - - right as corrected.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Even as corrected you don't want the KKK to get away with hiding the culprits from justice.

You don't have any reason to like the Taliban more than you have to like the KKK .

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
<<You don't have any reason to like the Taliban more than you have to like the KKK .>>

I don't like either one, true, but the KKK are right here and the Taliban are thousands of miles away.  When you fight the Taliban, you are killing thousands of innocents at the same time, when you fight the KKK, you are only catching KKK and you're not even killing them.

Furthermore, the fight against the KKK is carried on by good guys and the fight against the Taliban is carried on by imperialist aggressors.  War criminals.  I'm against the Taliban, sure, but I'm also against the American war criminals who are fighting them.