Author Topic: You've got to be frellin kidding me  (Read 3273 times)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: You've got to be frellin kidding me
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2010, 06:40:30 PM »
I think ami brougt up that leaks has occured before, but this kind of accident is actually is a 1st.but also might be a goodthing. a 150 mile further out is a rig that`s deeper and larger and has much worst neglect with this eqiuipment. a potential bigger spill was averted ,because of this.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2010, 07:48:05 PM »
You're helping to make my point, Kimba.  There have been no other accidents, outside of this one, and this one can easily be argued, would have either not happened, or have been capped in a matter of days, if not hours, if it had happened in shallow waters.  And what day are we on now??  This "perceived risk" is not anything being perceived by the oil companies, and are largely a manifestation of pro-enviromental hysteria, MINUS any actual valid examples of such.

And again is why they're HAVING to drill in water so deep, vs choosing to drill in water much more financially & logistically compatible, not to mention actually safer for both human & enviroment, vs perceived
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 08:23:03 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2010, 08:10:15 PM »
could be a blind spot of me here, I tend to zone out enviromentalist opinions since they tend to get abit on the xtremist side on issue for me to pay attention to them.

i really don`t acknowledge them, if you notice in all my time i rarely talk about them if at all. My hillbilly science background is alot more scientific than thiers.

ok that`s not say much.