Author Topic: Any Questions?  (Read 4040 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Any Questions?
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2010, 07:16:21 PM »
For someone who doesn't look at R's & D's, you sure are livid at the R's.  Can't say I'm too happy with them either, but the Pledge is a good beginning at bringing this country back in the "right" (pardon the pun), direction, from the current abyss it's on, at the hands of the D's
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2010, 04:52:07 AM »
Sorry, not that fond of the 'right' right now, either.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2010, 05:19:13 AM »
We know.  You appear to have implied that already with your rant aimed at the GOP.  The "Pledge" as vague as it is, is at least a good 1st step at fixing this disaster of an economic situation, facilitated by Obama & "the left"
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2010, 08:55:44 AM »
GOP....the last decade...have greatly disappointed me.
I'm done with them. They've turned into the party of assholes.

And so before this last decade...who specifically did you greatly admire & support in the Republican Party?
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2010, 09:17:28 AM »
It was recently thatthe Republicans got a well deserved spanking , did they learn anything?

The Democrats deserve a spanking now without question , but will it be a teaching moment or just abuse?

I think the best choice is to get involved with one of the big partys and try to influence it positively , perhaps enough spankings will purge it of objectionable habits , perhaps enough members who care about honest dealing will cause some .

The alternative is to vote in a third party , which by the time it is large and strong will have accreted just as many dishonest pols as the big ones have got now.

I have to decide now whether to vote for Marshall who is a likable Democrat , or vote against him because he is a member of the wrong party. His opponent is a dope (again) but he makes the point that Nancy Pelosi's job depends on the reelection of the present majority party.

That is what I like about the TEA partys , their greatest virtue is that they point at the fact that neither party is pointed in the right direction.

If the Tea party succeeds in changeing the composition of the Congress , I hope it remains a force to threaten the Republicans with dismissal unless they behave better.

Too many spankings arn't going to carry the message that just one spanking should have given, perhaps both partuys will improve if there is a tea party on the side with a rod for keeping them in line.