Author Topic: WAY TO GO HILLARY!  (Read 1233 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
WAY TO GO HILLARY!
« on: April 22, 2008, 12:41:21 AM »

Clinton on Iran Attack: 'Obliterate Them'
Hillary: If Iran Attacked Israel With Nukes 'We Would Be Able to Totally Obliterate Them'
By JAKE TAPPER
April 21, 2008

One day before Pennsylvania primary voters go to the polls, Sens. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., and Barack Obama, D-Ill., spent the day trying to reach undecided voters, and rally their supporters to the polls.

On the eve of the Pennsylvania primary, Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., tells "Good Morning America" she would "obliterate" Iran if they attacked Israel.

For the last six weeks they have battled and bickered and both have unleashed a barrage of negativity in television ads that have aired thousands of times in the state.

Clinton Ad Features Osama bin Laden

In an ad that began airing in Pennsylvania Monday morning, Clinton implies she is tougher than Obama.

"Who do you think has what it takes?" the narrator asks in an ad depicting historical images of crises that presidents have had to deal with: Osama bin Laden, headlines about the stock market crash of 1929, long gas lines from the 1970s oil-shocks, images of the Cold War, Hurricane Katrina and soldiers. It features the first image of Osama bin Laden to be used in a TV ad this political season.

"It's the toughest job in the world," says the ad's narrator. "You need to be ready for anything ? especially now, with two wars, oil prices skyrocketing and an economy in crisis."

The ad quotes President Harry Truman's famous line: "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen," ? to cast Obama as complaining about last week's ABC News presidential debate.

Responding to the ad, Obama spokesman Bill Burton accused the New York senator of engaging in scare tactics.

Clinton further displayed tough talk in an interview airing on "Good Morning America" Tuesday. ABC News' Chris Cuomo asked Clinton what she would do if Iran attacked Israel with nuclear weapons.

"I want the Iranians to know that if I'm the president, we will attack Iran," Clinton said. "In the next 10 years, during which they might foolishly consider launching an attack on Israel, we would be able to totally obliterate them."

Obama, for his part, has to be worried about obliterating his repeated promise of a "new kind of politics." But he told ABC News' Robin Roberts on "Good Morning America" his attacks are necessary.

"You've always got to measure if somebody throws an elbow at you, and after three or four times of gettin' elbows in the ribs, you know, at what point do you sort of say, 'OK, you know, we, we, we've gotta put a stop to that'?" Obama said.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/WN/Vote2008/story?id=4698059&page=1
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: WAY TO GO HILLARY!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 12:46:11 AM »
In the next 10 years, during which they might foolishly consider launching an attack on Israel, we would be able to totally obliterate them."

=======================================================
I fail to see why Iran would do this. This is Israeli propaganda.

I doubt that the US could actually "obliterate" anyone. Observe how long it took to make Serbia, a puny country a fraction as big as Iran, willing to give in.

The president of the US should not suck up so shamelessly to Zionists

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 01:11:49 AM »
"I doubt that the US could actually "obliterate" anyone"

I assure you we could obliterate Iran quite easily with tactical nuclear weapons
And actually I think we will do so in the not so distant future.
Once Iran is elminated from their troublemaking the world order will fall into place.
It's going to happen.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/04/10/hersh.access/index.html

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/article1290331.ece
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 02:48:29 AM »
I don't think that demolishing Iran would solve all our problems , it is just likely to produce new problems that might be even worse.

But yes if it ever becomes necessacery obliteration of Iran as a national power is possible .

I get the impression that Iran is not being run by carefull thinkers , they think that when they have obtained a few Atom bombs they will impress us with such fear that they can do as they please disreguarding us?

We have plenty of such weapons already and they are not so fearfull of us.

I don't think that the respect that they crave will accrue to them from their atomic weapon program.

An expensive dissapointment.

BTW , what has happened to all the claims that the Atomic programs of Iran were entirely peacefull? Have they given up on that transparent ruse?

Rich

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 03:55:19 PM »
>>We have plenty of such weapons already and they are not so fearfull of us.<<

You're talking about a country run by Islamic fanatics who would love to turn their entire nation into a suicide bomb. They have nothing to lose and 72 virgins to gain.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 03:59:12 PM »

I assure you we could obliterate Iran quite easily with tactical nuclear weapons
Once Iran is elminated from their troublemaking the world order will fall into place.
It's going to happen.
=====================================================================
The US will not use nuclear weapons in this way. Preemptive retaliations were a really bad idea and the main reason why Juniorbush will go down in history as the worst president ever.

It is not going to happen, and it would be an utter disaster if it did.

But it won't.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 04:31:55 PM »

It's going to happen.
=====================================================================
The US will not use nuclear weapons in this way. Preemptive retaliations were a really bad idea and the main reason why Juniorbush will go down in history as the worst president ever.

It is not going to happen, and it would be an utter disaster if it did.

But it won't.

Who said it would be preemptive?

Pretty soon a terrorist will have a bomb and he will use it where he can harm the US or Europe worst , the post emptive action will be above an order of magnitude greater than the provacation.

Seems likely enough , even if we can't tell for sure who sent the bomb , it will be a good occasion to reduce our enemy list by one , by simply slamming the most likely one.

If I headed that list , I would be nervous about it.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 04:47:23 PM by Plane »

Rich

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 04:35:30 PM »
>>Who said it would be preemptive?<<

Good point. I believe that once Iran has the capability to launch a nuclear missile, it won't be at the US. They won't have the needed technology, nor the patience to wait until they do. They'll fire it at Israel and that will be the end of Iran.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 04:52:31 PM »
>>Who said it would be preemptive?<<

Good point. I believe that once Iran has the capability to launch a nuclear missile, it won't be at the US. They won't have the needed technology, nor the patience to wait until they do. They'll fire it at Israel and that will be the end of Iran.

I don't think that Tel Aviv is more vulnerable than Paris , the target will be chosen by the terrorist on the basis of probable success in the attack more than anything else.

Rich

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 09:06:25 PM »
That's what I was saying also. Israel is closer to Iran than Paris. So unless they develop some sort of delivery system which could reach Paris, Israel would provide the easiest and most appealing target.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2008, 09:09:46 PM »
That's what I was saying also. Israel is closer to Iran than Paris. So unless they develop some sort of delivery system which could reach Paris, Israel would provide the easiest and most appealing target.

I think their most reliable delivery system would be fifth collumnists.

Makeing Europe more convienient for dependable delivery than Isreal.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2008, 10:31:05 PM »
Why would Iran fire a nuke at Israel?

If the purpose were to kill all the Israelis, it would also kill a lot of Palestinians, and worse, it would make the entire area dangerous to live in.

Iran is hundreds of miles away from Israel, Iran has never been expansionist, and Iran has no reason whatever to nuke Israel. This is just the musings of a number of paranoid Israelis, who are always looking for one more reason to go a-begging to the US. Israel is a beggar nation. If they did not beg from the US and te many wealthy Jews in the US, Canada, the UK and elsewhere, there would be no Israel.

Ahmedinejad is a doofus, and Iranians think of Israel as a US colony in their part of the world, which is what it is. If there were no Israel, the US would not be in Iraq. Ahmedinejad will be replaced long before Iran has any nukes.

These are paranoid, fanatical Zionist ravings, and should be ignored.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2008, 10:36:49 PM »
>>We have plenty of such weapons already and they are not so fearfull of us.<<

You're talking about a country run by Islamic fanatics who would love to turn their entire nation into a suicide bomb. They have nothing to lose and 72 virgins to gain.

I reading Richard Dawkins' THE GOD DELUSION right now, and he pointed out the "72 virgins" is actually a mis-translation.  The true translation is something like "72 crystal clear raisins".

Iran has about as much desire to kill us as Israel has in killing them first.  I don't hear you crying about Israel having the bomb.  It seems you're in favor of anyone having the bomb that FOX NEWS tells you should have it.