Author Topic: Who's Next to Host ABC's The View -- David Duke?  (Read 7030 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Who's Next to Host ABC's The View -- David Duke?
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2007, 04:19:53 PM »
Ami, I know that not all Republicans actually want women to die of cancer.  My point in making that statement was that this powerful group, the FRC (which Ohio's crooked former Sec. of State just joined) is very influential and yes, can cause future cancer deaths.  Simply because they don't want girls to become sexually active, as if having a vaccine against genital warts is going to make teens any more sexually active.

Last time I went to their website I could not find them advocateing the POV that this vaccine was a bad thing.

How are you sure that this is not a lie told about them?

http://www.frc.org/get.cfm?i=PV07D03

From reading this article I would have thought them to be against makeing the vaccine manditory , not for makeing it hard to get.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 04:24:09 PM by Plane »

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2007, 09:44:38 PM »
Then they have changed their story.

http://www.newscientist.com/channel/sex/mg18624954.500

' ' In the US, for instance, religious groups are gearing up to oppose vaccination, despite a survey showing 80 per cent of parents favour vaccinating their daughters. "Abstinence is the best way to prevent HPV," says Bridget Maher of the Family Research Council, a leading Christian lobby group that has made much of the fact that, because it can spread by skin contact, condoms are not as effective against HPV as they are against other viruses such as HIV.

"Giving the HPV vaccine to young women could be potentially harmful, because they may see it as a licence to engage in premarital sex," Maher claims, though it is arguable how many young women have even heard of the virus.' '
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2007, 09:59:30 PM »
Abstinence is the best way to prevent HPV

Is this statement untrue?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2007, 01:10:34 AM »
Then they have changed their story.

http://www.newscientist.com/channel/sex/mg18624954.500

' ' In the US, for instance, religious groups are gearing up to oppose vaccination, despite a survey showing 80 per cent of parents favour vaccinating their daughters. "Abstinence is the best way to prevent HPV," says Bridget Maher of the Family Research Council, a leading Christian lobby group that has made much of the fact that, because it can spread by skin contact, condoms are not as effective against HPV as they are against other viruses such as HIV.

"Giving the HPV vaccine to young women could be potentially harmful, because they may see it as a licence to engage in premarital sex," Maher claims, though it is arguable how many young women have even heard of the virus.' '

You never found this attitude (that the vaccine is a bad idea) from the Actual   Family reasearch council did you ?

You are useing a quote selected by a critic.

So how can you know that this whole thing is not a lie told about the Family Reasearch council?

Mucho

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2007, 01:37:06 AM »

Abstinence is also the best way to prevent the continuance of humanity. Hmm- Maybe not such a bad idea after all.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2007, 01:43:17 AM »
Abstinence is also the best way to prevent the continuance of humanity.

This is true, but it doesn't address the original question.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2007, 01:46:20 AM »

Abstinence is also the best way to prevent the continuance of humanity. Hmm- Maybe not such a bad idea after all.

Infectious disease can do a major job of Population reduction too.

I would not advise anyone to be promiscouous , but perhaps for people who thought they had lived long enough , it may be reasonable.