Author Topic: Are you ,or have you ever been, a member of the  (Read 3124 times)

The_Professor

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Are you ,or have you ever been, a member of the
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2007, 01:16:20 PM »
Juniorbush and Cheney have done NOTHING to be nostalgic about, unless you are a Scrooge Mc Duck type, lamenting the days when your money pool was all deep end.  Everything major thing they have done has been unnecessary, poorly done, and/or riddled with corruption and fraud.

XO you are incorrect. Bush's veto of the stell cell bill was memorable and correct. Just yesterday, ground-breaking research was released where fetal stem cells will apparently no longer be needed. A true breakthrough!

As I have expressed many times in ths Forum, I emphatically disagreee with this entire Iraqi debacle (to the distain of Sirs...sorry, Sirs!), but Bush's stance on social issues is, IMHO, commendable. I jsut wish I could find an electable Democrat with this social issues stance. I would gladly work in his/her campaign for the Presidency.
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for western civilization as it commits suicide."
                                 -- Jerry Pournelle, Ph.D

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2007, 01:27:00 PM »
<<I jsut wish I could find an electable Democrat with this social issues stance. I would gladly work in his/her campaign for the Presidency.>>

Dennis Kucinich was probably your man.  Anti-war but pro-life.  However I might stand to be corrected, I'm not sure whether Kucinich is still sticking to his pro-life stance at this point.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2007, 03:12:33 PM »
<<You are including the increases in aid Africa to fight HIV?>>

Fighting HIV in Africa but without condoms. 

What was the increase anyway?  Probably insignificant, given their total lack of concern in the first place.

You don't know , but do you care?

Mucho

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2007, 02:48:06 PM »
Juniorbush and Cheney have done NOTHING to be nostalgic about, unless you are a Scrooge Mc Duck type, lamenting the days when your money pool was all deep end.  Everything major thing they have done has been unnecessary, poorly done, and/or riddled with corruption and fraud.

You are including the increases in aid Africa to fight HIV?

You are certainly not includeing the effect on terrorism that the War on terror under Bush has had in comparison to previous presidents?

A booming economy is better for the poor than any government program has any potential to be , restricting economic growth is harsh on the poor .

The only one of these three items that can be seen as "good" is the HIV in Africa item and the Bushidiot fucked that up by doing it half-assedly like he does everything.

The war on terror was completely fucked up by attacking the wrong country and the economy is only booming for fatcats and large corporations.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2007, 05:56:56 PM »
<<You don't know , but do you care?>>

Moew than your "President" does, for sure.

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2007, 11:44:40 PM »

You are including the increases in aid Africa to fight HIV?

You are certainly not includeing the effect on terrorism that the War on terror under Bush has had in comparison to previous presidents?

A booming economy is better for the poor than any government program has any potential to be , restricting economic growth is harsh on the poor .

The only one of these three items that can be seen as "good" is the HIV in Africa item and the Bushidiot fucked that up by doing it half-assedly like he does everything.

The war on terror was completely fucked up by attacking the wrong country and the economy is only booming for fatcats and large corporations.

The war on terror has a problem with being too successfull ,if the Al Queda had been able to strike the US more often there would be a lot less complaining bout fighting them .

The Presidents throing money at the Aids problem is cerainl not gong to be enough to fix the problem, we probly can't fixthe problem, but where is he criticism for previous administrations even smaller efforts?