Author Topic: Opponent denies calling Clinton ugly  (Read 24977 times)

The_Professor

Opponent denies calling Clinton ugly
« on: October 23, 2006, 08:36:56 PM »
Well, I never thought she was all that good looking, either...

Opponent denies calling Clinton ugly
Says he likes Clinton, but would never vote for her
The Associated Press

Updated: 2:42 p.m. ET Oct 23, 2006
ALBANY, N.Y. - Sen. Hillary Clinton's Republican challenger on Monday flatly denied telling a reporter that Clinton was unattractive when she was younger and suggesting she had had "millions of dollars" of "work."

John Spencer, a former Yonkers mayor, acknowledged talking to the reporter during a flight on Friday but said he didn't make the statements attributed to him in Monday's New York Daily News.

"It's a fabrication. I would never call Hillary Clinton ugly," Spencer told The Associated Press. "That's outrageous. I didn't do it."

The reporter, Ben Smith, told the AP that Spencer made the comments as Spencer, his wife and Smith sat together. He said he didn't tape-record the comments but did take notes.

"You ever see a picture of her back then? Whew. I don't know why Bill married her," The Daily News quoted Spencer as saying about Clinton.

Spencer said Clinton looks different now, chalking it up to "millions of dollars" of "work," according to the tabloid.

"She looks good now," he is quoted as saying.

Clinton adviser Howard Wolfson said Clinton has had no plastic surgery or similar appearance-enhancing work.

"Sadly, this is just the latest in a long line of insulting and offensive comments that John Spencer has made throughout his career, and it's unfortunate that he has chosen to run a campaign based on personal attacks," the Clinton aide said.

Polls have shown Clinton far ahead of Spencer in the Senate race.

In their second debate on Sunday, Spencer said he "liked" Clinton and that she would make a "tremendous" candidate for president, although he also said he would never vote for her.

The Clintons recently celebrated their 31st wedding anniversary. She turns 59 on Thursday.

URL: http://msnbc.msn.com/id/15388444/?GT1=8618

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Opponent denies calling Clinton ugly
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 09:56:40 PM »
Should not matter.

Does it matter?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 11:59:23 PM »
1.  matter of character
2.  matter of judgment

flunks both.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 12:10:53 AM »
1.  matter of character
2.  matter of judgment

flunks both.

Have you ever seen a Liberal comment negatively on the appearance of a conservative?

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1666130/posts

(Ann Coulter thrown into Lions' Den: Lions torn to shreds)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 06:24:06 AM »
<<Have you ever seen a Liberal comment negatively on the appearance of a conservative?>>

Not a liberal who was running for - - or holding - - public office, no.  It seems to be a conservative characteristic exclusively.  Senator Macacawitz, for example, shares this endearing trait.  So does the "President's" mum, the lovely Bar, but as a political wife and mother, I guess she doesn't qualify as an office-holder or candidate.  Damn!

Here in Canada we were just treated to a fine example by our oafish Conservative Cabinet Minister Peter MacKay in Parliamentary debate, when he was asked if he didn't care for his dog.  (The question was rhetorical, and arose when a Liberal pointed out that he'd probably want to see his dog taken better care of than some Canadian citizens allegedly being treated very shabbily by the government.)  MacKay pointed to the empty seat of his former fiancee Belinda Stronach, who had simultaneously dumped him and the Conservative Party just before the last federal election, and said simply, "You have her now."

Can I think of a liberal office-holder or candidate in either of our two countries who has similarly insulted women or visible minorities because of their appearance?  No, I cannot.

To the extent that liberals have ridiculed the appearance of Ann Coulter, yes I have seen that happen.  They are liberal media people, none of them are asking for my vote and none of them hold an office that requires them to represent everybody in their constituency.

Your question was, Does it matter?  and again, I would say, yes, in a candidate for public office it DOES matter.  I don't like the character of any low-life scum who insults a woman based on her appearance, I wouldn't want to allow such a cheeseball to represent me, and I'd sooner find out if that's what he's like BEFORE the election than after.  Also of concern would be this ass-hole's powers of judgment - - why would I want to take a chance on what other gaffes the motor-mouthed moron might make that would embarrass him and all of his constituents in the eyes of the civilized world?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 12:42:40 PM »
<<Have you ever seen a Liberal comment negatively on the appearance of a conservative?>>

Not a liberal who was running for - - or holding - - public office, no.  It seems to be a conservative characteristic exclusively.  Senator Macacawitz, for example, shares this endearing trait.  So does the "President's" mum, the lovely Bar, but as a political wife and mother, I guess she doesn't qualify as an office-holder or candidate.  To the extent that liberals have ridiculed the appearance of Ann Coulter, yes I have seen that happen.  They are liberal media people, none of them are asking for my vote and none of them hold an office that requires them to represent everybody in their constituency.

That fine art of rationalization shines once again, for all to see.     8)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 12:50:37 PM »
<<That fine art of rationalization shines once again, for all to see.>>

That the distinction I made is valid, reasonable and practical, of course, sails right over your head.  Fine art of rationalization my ass.  How about the everyday exercise of simple common sense?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2006, 01:36:10 PM »
<<That fine art of rationalization shines once again, for all to see.>>

That the distinction I made is valid, reasonable and practical, of course, sails right over your head.  Fine art of rationalization my ass.  How about the everyday exercise of simple common sense?

How about the fact how you rationalized why it was perfectly OK to diss the looks of Conservatives while condemning that of it when it's aimed at libs.  Another fine Tee-xample of rationalization.  Or if you wish, hypocritical double standard.
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2006, 01:54:52 PM »
<<How about the fact how you rationalized why it was perfectly OK to diss the looks of Conservatives while condemning that of it when it's aimed at libs.>>

Bullshit.  I said it was perfectly OK to diss the looks of Conservatives?  That's hilarious.  Where did I say that?  This thread's less than a full day old, so you should have no trouble finding the quote and posting it to prove your point.  You don't have far to look, it's all here on this one page.  Oh, I forgot - - you can't, because you're all fulla shit.  It isn't here.  I never said it.  Nice try.  Not.

More bullshit:  I condemned criticism of someone's looks if, but only if, it's aimed at liberals?  Same question, where?  Find it, post it, there's only about half a dozen to a dozen posts in this whole thread.  That shouldn't tax your reading-for-comprehension skills too much, should it?  Find the quote, paste it into your next post.  Prove that you're not fulla shit.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2006, 02:08:31 PM »
Bullshit.  I said it was perfectly OK to diss the looks of Conservatives?

Oh, so you've been condemning those who make demeaning appearance jokes at the likes of Coulter?, Rice?  Funny, I coulda swore you were one of those laughing right along.  I'll endeavor to look more carefully at your follow-up criticisms of those doing precisely that.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2006, 03:08:47 PM »
<<Funny, I coulda swore you were one of those laughing right along [at Coulter's appearance.]>>

Good thing you didn't, it would have been adding perjury to your usual habit of lying.  I don't go out of my way to condemn everything that happens to every conservative, whether I agree with it or not, but of course I never said it was OK to diss the looks of a conservative or anyone else, and I never would say anything like it.

When plane asked why it mattered, I told him.  It mattered more than media people saying whatever they want to say, because now it's coming from someone who (a) wants your vote and (b) might wind up representing YOU to the rest of the world.  If you can't see the importance of that, or why it matters, or why it matters more than a media talking head doing the exact same thing, then you must have a real contempt for representative government in general and in your own country in particular.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2006, 03:48:27 PM »
<<Funny, I coulda swore you were one of those laughing right along [at Coulter's appearance.]>>

Good thing you didn't, it would have been adding perjury to your usual habit of lying.  I don't go out of my way to condemn everything that happens to every conservative, whether I agree with it or not, but of course I never said it was OK to diss the looks of a conservative or anyone else, and I never would say anything like it.

Ahh, so your Clinton-like defense is something like "Though I may laugh hysterically at demeaning portrayals of conservatives like Coulter & Rice, be it in commentary or cartoon format, and ususally agree with such a portrayal, I've never said it was ok to diss conservatives over their looks."

Gotcha.  Did your mother never teach you the "actions speak louder than words" lesson?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2006, 05:08:54 PM »
<<"Though I may laugh hysterically at demeaning portrayals of conservatives like Coulter & Rice, be it in commentary or cartoon format, and ususally agree with such a portrayal, I've never said it was ok to diss conservatives over their looks.">>

You're just like your hero, Bush.  When one lie is exposed, just make up another one.  Not only did I never say it was ok to demean the looks of a woman (or a man or a child, for that matter!) neither did I ever "laugh hysterically" (or otherwise) at demeaning portrayals of their physical appearances.  They are morally repulsive individuals both, and so of course I demean them, and laugh when others do so, but for what they do and say, certainly never for how they look.

Want to keep on lying and hoping one will stick, as does your cheesey "President?"  So far, you're two for two, but you're still a long ways behind him.

<<Did your mother never teach you the "actions speak louder than words" lesson?>>

Yes, and also something yours must have never heard of: "Don't make up stuff about people.  Always tell the truth."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2006, 05:37:03 PM »
<<"Though I may laugh hysterically at demeaning portrayals of conservatives like Coulter & Rice, be it in commentary or cartoon format, and ususally agree with such a portrayal, I've never said it was ok to diss conservatives over their looks.">>

You're just like your hero, Bush.  When one lie is exposed, just make up another one.  Not only did I never say it was ok to demean the looks of a woman (or a man or a child, for that matter!) neither did I ever "laugh hysterically" (or otherwise) at demeaning portrayals of their physical appearances.  They are morally repulsive individuals both, and so of course I demean them, and laugh when others do so, but for what they do and say, certainly never for how they look.

Oh, I just made that assumption by how often you defended such demeaning pics in the past, as well as the occasional agreement.  Perhaps "hysterically" was an inappropriate adjective.  Perhaps simply smiled will suffice.  Point being, until I see any attempt, just 1, of criticising someone's commentary or toon aimed at demeaning the looks of conservatives, like Coulter or Rice, I'm simply going to have to base my conclusions on your continued actions of gleefully enjoying them when they're posted

<<Did your mother never teach you the "actions speak louder than words" lesson?>>

Yes

Be nice to see you actually start applying her lessons then
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 07:14:13 PM by sirs »

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2006, 06:23:40 PM »

In my opinion Elenor Rosevelt was not a beauty .

But ....

What a beautifull soul she was.

Her appearance should matter much less than the features of her personality.