Author Topic: KKK shoots and kills  (Read 13168 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: KKK shoots and kills
« Reply #90 on: November 16, 2008, 10:03:56 PM »
I can  think of a current lameduck Pres that never boyered to think

You contradict yourself. Didn't you just post the excerpt from the Woodward book?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #91 on: November 16, 2008, 10:25:49 PM »
Does intolerance include a Catholic priest refusing to allow Obama supporters to participate in communion?

That is probly good advice , but as a decree it is absolutely unenforceable.

Should someone enter into communion with a congregation that they do not agree with on a very important point?

If Abortion is as bad as Catholics think it is (I agree on that one) then supporters of Abortion need to gain absolution for this support before attempting communion.

But ...

There is no need for Preists to enforce anything , Jesus will simply not be in communion with people who are wrongly attempting to be so.

Knutey

« Reply #92 on: November 16, 2008, 10:42:18 PM »
I can  think of a current lameduck Pres that never boyered to think

You contradict yourself. Didn't you just post the excerpt from the Woodward book?

That wasnt thinking. Look at what happened.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: November 16, 2008, 11:14:16 PM »
>Does intolerance include a Catholic priest refusing to allow Obama supporters to participate in communion?<<

Source?

=========================
Do questions require a source? How about rhetorical questions?  Why?
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: November 16, 2008, 11:19:01 PM »
I see that your misrepresentations hold no bounds.  You'll note no advocation of stoning, or beating, or even preventing equal rights which Domestic Partnerships provide.  You see actual compromise from this side, thus hardly the act of intolerance.  You, OTOH, simply keep providing hateful hyperbole, with insults to boot, minus any effort at compromise.  Party of tolerance, my ass

What actual compromise? Amendment 2 states that nothing except marriage can be treated as marriage, even between two heterosexual people.

Why do you think I somehow represent the Democratic Party? Have I even made such a claim?

Again, intolerance is intolerance. To say that mass intolerance of the public is somehow tolerant is just silly.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: November 16, 2008, 11:23:40 PM »
That wasnt thinking. Look at what happened.

According to Woodward the decision to invade wasn't made until early 2003, weighing evidence from advocates and cautionary types.

Just because you disagree with the decision does not in no way mean that thought was absent in the making of that decision.

You really need to start applying consistency and logic to your debate, else why bother coming.

Are you up to it?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: November 16, 2008, 11:30:23 PM »
I see that your misrepresentations hold no bounds.  You'll note no advocating of stoning, or beating, or even preventing equal rights which Domestic Partnerships provide.  You see actual compromise from this side, thus hardly the act of intolerance.  You, OTOH, simply keep providing hateful hyperbole, with insults to boot, minus any effort at compromise.  Party of tolerance, my ass

What actual compromise?

The one that instead of completely being against any and all homosexual relationships, both legally & morally, that civil unions are a compromise.  A compromise that allows precisely the same rights as a married couple, and what supposedly the anti-8 folks want.  

You, on the other hand continue to demand full support of your position, complete with the idiotic hyperbolic claims of hate if one doesn't support your my way or the highway mentality.....ironically the very epitome of intolerance

Then again, it's not "equal rights" at all, that's at the core of this issue.  If it were, civil unions & domestic partnerships pave that argument.  Nope, as you've so transparently alluded to, it's about demanding that homosexuality be accepted as something perfectly normal, to any and all others, who may believe differently, since its perfectly acceptable to you.  "Equal rights" and "Civil Rights", are merely catch phrases of protection from criticism, to the real agenda.  Thanks for your sharing, though

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: November 17, 2008, 12:03:11 AM »
Ever since the beginning of the human race, there have been homosexuals, both Lesbians and gays. Homosexuality is ENTIRELY normal behavior for homo sapiens. Upon occasion, some religions have decided that some Supreme Being up in the sky does not like it, and they have persecuted homosexuals and driven then underground, just as the Pol Pot government persecuted people who were literate, or the Holy Mother Church persecuted those who thought the Earth revolved around the Sun, instead of vice-versa.

As I said, I am not gay, and I have no objections to civil unions or whatever being established. I am not insisting that a gay civil union be called a marriage, but those who do have a very good point in the statement that equal means equal.
 But that is clearly NOT what fanatical bigots like the people to wrote Florida Amendment 2 will accept: they would really prefer that homos would go back underground where they were forced to lurk in the 1950's. I bet you'd like that as well, 'cause you somehw think Jesus told you that gays were sinful and all of us would be collectively punished for tolerating them.

Again, my opinions are my own. I am not representing any party here, just common sense and fairness.

Face it, you and your ilk are just haters.  Adam already loves Steve and lies with Steve and they can move in right next door to you or me or anyone. It would not change a single thing in your bleak little life if Adam married Steve, not even if your own daughter caught the bouquet.

Face it: you are a hater.

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: November 17, 2008, 12:09:01 AM »
>>Does intolerance include a Catholic priest refusing to allow Obama supporters to participate in communion?<<

Source?

Certainly. I don't ask hypotheticals very often.

SC priest: No communion for Obama supporters
By MEG KINNARD ? 3 days ago

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) ? A South Carolina Roman Catholic priest has told his parishioners that they should refrain from receiving Holy Communion if they voted for Barack Obama because the Democratic president-elect supports abortion, and supporting him "constitutes material cooperation with intrinsic evil."

The Rev. Jay Scott Newman said in a letter distributed Sunday to parishioners at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Greenville that they are putting their souls at risk if they take Holy Communion before doing penance for their vote.

"Our nation has chosen for its chief executive the most radical pro-abortion politician ever to serve in the United States Senate or to run for president," Newman wrote, referring to Obama by his full name, including his middle name of Hussein.

"Voting for a pro-abortion politician when a plausible pro-life alternative exists constitutes material cooperation with intrinsic evil, and those Catholics who do so place themselves outside of the full communion of Christ's Church and under the judgment of divine law. Persons in this condition should not receive Holy Communion until and unless they are reconciled to God in the Sacrament of Penance, lest they eat and drink their own condemnation."

During the 2008 presidential campaign, many bishops spoke out on abortion more boldly than four years earlier, telling Catholic politicians and voters that the issue should be the most important consideration in setting policy and deciding which candidate to back. A few church leaders said parishioners risked their immortal soul by voting for candidates who support abortion rights.

But bishops differ on whether Catholic lawmakers ? and voters ? should refrain from receiving Communion if they diverge from church teaching on abortion. Each bishop sets policy in his own diocese. In their annual fall meeting, the nation's Catholic bishops vowed Tuesday to forcefully confront the Obama administration over its support for abortion rights.

According to national exit polls, 54 percent of Catholics chose Obama, who is Protestant. In South Carolina, which McCain carried, voters in Greenville County ? traditionally seen as among the state's most conservative areas ? went 61 percent for the Republican, and 37 percent for Obama.

"It was not an attempt to make a partisan point," Newman said in a telephone interview Thursday. "In fact, in this election, for the sake of argument, if the Republican candidate had been pro-abortion, and the Democratic candidate had been pro-life, everything that I wrote would have been exactly the same."

Conservative Catholics criticized Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry in 2004 for supporting abortion rights, with a few Catholic bishops saying Kerry should refrain from receiving Holy Communion because his views were contrary to church teachings.

Sister Mary Ann Walsh, spokeswoman for the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, said she had not heard of other churches taking this position in reaction to Obama's win. A Boston-based group that supports Catholic Democrats questioned the move, saying it was too extreme.

"Father Newman is off base," said Steve Krueger, national director of Catholic Democrats. "He is acting beyond the authority of a parish priest to say what he did. ... Unfortunately, he is doing so in a manner that will be of great cost to those parishioners who did vote for Sens. Obama and Biden. There will be a spiritual cost to them for his words."

A man who has attended St. Mary's for 18 years said he welcomed Newman's message and anticipated it would inspire further discussion at the church.

"I don't understand anyone who would call themselves a Christian, let alone a Catholic, and could vote for someone who's a pro-abortion candidate," said Ted Kelly, 64, who volunteers his time as lector for the church. "You're talking about the murder of innocent beings."

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5j-epjBHqtK6FvYWhAwBzReQHZytAD94EBKDO0

Now about my question....
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: November 17, 2008, 12:42:51 AM »
Has Obama ever committed an abortion? In the US today, abortion is left to the states, so it would seem that denying communion to Obama voters would be a bogus proposition. If you voted for McCain, the same fetuses would still be aborted by the same people as  if you had voted for McCain.

Why can't they just blame the women who have abortions and their doctors?

Every state allows some clearly legal murderers  go free, because of technicalities. Some of those murderers commit more crimes, including murders, and yet we do not hear the Holy Mother Church refusing communion to judges who let said murderers off, or people who elected the officials who allowed this to happen.

Presumably, God knows everything, anyway. Why can't the Church just let God do all the punishing? Could it be that they think that if a priest gives communion to an Obama voter God will be fooled and will not punish him for this lapse of proper behavior?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: November 17, 2008, 01:33:20 AM »
In the US today, abortion is left to the states

Are you sure about that statement?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: November 17, 2008, 01:42:20 AM »

Are you sure about that statement?

e
In the US today, abortion is left to the states

=========================================
For all practical purposes, the state can make abortion a very difficult procedure. I believe that there was  either only one clinic in all of South Dakota still performing abortion or none at all.  They do this by requiring all women wishing an abortion to view an ultrasound, to listen to all the various alternatives to abortion, and to wait a specified number of days.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: November 17, 2008, 01:50:22 AM »
Ever since the beginning of the human race, there have been homosexuals, both Lesbians and gays. Homosexuality is ENTIRELY normal behavior for homo sapiens.

And we thank you for that OPINION.  You'll get back to us when you actually have some scientific FACT to back that up

As I said, I am not gay, and I have no objections to civil unions or whatever being established.

Good for you.  So, let's compromise and work on the "whatever" vs insisting it be called marriage.  You game or are you intolerant?

Face it: you are a hater.

Face it: you are a liar
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: November 17, 2008, 01:53:13 AM »
For all practical purposes, the state can make abortion a very difficult procedure. I believe that there was  either only one clinic in all of South Dakota still performing abortion or none at all.  They do this by requiring all women wishing an abortion to view an ultrasound, to listen to all the various alternatives to abortion, and to wait a specified number of days.

I believe states can regulate medical procedures. To the best of my knowledge no state can ban an abortion.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: November 17, 2008, 02:01:21 AM »
Good for you.  So, let's compromise and work on the "whatever" vs insisting it be called marriage.  You game or are you intolerant?

Oh, just fine with me. Except fr the singular detail that there is very little we can do about this.

I am not of the opinion that either of us have the power or authority to enact or enforce legislation.
================================

You seem to hate people who simply want to officially acknowledge their love for one another. Why should they be denied this? What possible harm could it do to you?