Author Topic: One can hope  (Read 1972 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: One can hope
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 07:47:56 PM »
She is not from California. Her talents are speaking Russian, understanding the Soviet Union and playing the piano. How would that help the people of California?
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 08:00:07 PM »
Hillary wasn't from NY now either, was she.  And her talent was......traveling.  How does that help the people of America??
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 09:35:04 PM »
She was a pretty good Senator.  And of course, she was popular, her husband and she established an office in Manhattan, and NY is a Democratic State. I suppose that the other element is who she was running against.

Rice's chances are poorer, as California is NOT a Republican State, and we do not w who might be running against her.It is probably safe to say that Boxer, who has been quite popular, will not be endorsing Rice.

Rice should run for Senator from Alabama: she would probably be a huge improvement over either of the current goobers in the Senate, and she is from Alabama.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 11:30:37 PM »
She was a pretty good Senator. ...

Hillary?

I feel like challenging this , by asking what she did above marking time and checking the box.

But I do subscribe to the theory that government is best that governs least , so if she did little, I might have to accept that she was a pretty good Senator.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 01:04:29 AM »
She was a pretty good Senator. ...

Hillary?

I feel like challenging this , by asking what she did above marking time and checking the box

LOL....I know.  It does compliment her piss poor record as SoS as well.  Here's a hint, having traveled alot on the tax payer's dime is neither an accomplishment nor an achievement.  And since Hillary wasn't from NY either, pretty much torpedoes any suggestion that Rice couldn't run in her current state she's living in

And to the notion she couldn't win is debunked that without even throwing a hat in the ring, she already polls better than the current Dem that has.  Add to that, that she's far more a moderate Republican, vs someone like Walker, someone who can attract far more votes from disillusioned Dems and Moderates looking for a voice to attach their vote to.  Ironically, the toughest constituency she'll face would be Conservative Republicans, in a primary race.  But being that CA has tweaked their nomination process, she doesn't have to be the top GOP vote getter come election time.  Just needs to be 1 of the top 2, when all is said and done
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 01:45:06 AM by sirs »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2015, 01:33:10 AM »
Condi was the one that warned us about mushroom clouds, wasn't she?
You know, the ones from the imaginary bombs that Saddam never had.

I would think being a part of the Bush/Cheney mess would be adequate poison for any politician. I doubt that she'll even run. If she wants to, that is not enough. A California Senate race will cost millions, and she does not have millions. Maybe she'll score a Benjamin from sirs, but after that there is still major money needed.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2015, 01:54:29 AM »
Condi was the one that warned us about mushroom clouds, wasn't she?

Yea, that could potentially occur,..IN THE MIDDLE EAST, IN THE IMMEDIATE VICINITY OF OR TROOPS AND ALLIES, if Saddam were allowed to travel the path he was on.

You know, the ones from the imaginary bombs that Saddam never had.

Yea, the ones most everyone, nearly every intelligence agency, and a predominant majority of DEMOCRATS believed he had.  He already had the Scuds to shower the area with

I would think being a part of the Bush/Cheney mess would be adequate poison for any politician.

And being part of the Clinton/Clinton mess isn't??   :o

I doubt that she'll even run. If she wants to, that is not enough. A California Senate race will cost millions, and she does not have millions.

If she were to decide to run, she wouldn't require millions.....but she'd get it, from donations across the country.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2015, 02:07:12 AM »
And being part of the Clinton/Clinton mess isn't?

No, not even close.
Clinton mongered no wars.
His administration ended  with the economy booming.

Bush started two fought them horribly, had no plan and left the mess for the next guy.
Bush wrecked the economy.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2015, 02:53:20 AM »
And being part of the Clinton/Clinton mess isn't?

No, not even close.

Clinton did far worse.....he LITERALLY soiled the office of the Presidency, biggest political lying to date...until the current community organizer and chief started unleashing his whoppers, of course.  And thanks to a Republican congress, that Clinton, to his credit, actually worked with, did bring about a budget surplus.  Suffice to say, had 911 occurred under Clinton's watch, he would have mongered a very similar war

Clinton wrecked the office of the Presidency