Author Topic: Rally  (Read 2253 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Rally
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2011, 06:46:47 PM »
It was none of the business of the woman doing the beating whether the woman was transsexual or not.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2011, 07:13:41 PM »
It was none of the business of the woman doing the beating whether the woman was transsexual or not.

thanks for clearing that up --

yeah no shit

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2011, 11:36:33 PM »
  If the motive was not "hate" will the bruses and breaks be less?

nope

but it does make it a non-hate crime

.by killing a asian because he`s passive it`s legally not a hate crime.

earlier I posted a vid of a lady being throw into a train track,later on a man was killed for the same reason of being a passive asian.

hopefully asians will assilmilate and be  non-passive like americans for our safety.
sadly this is all very true

Would you like to see some video of Korean  store owners defending their shop?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L5ttIHV12s

As far as I know they were entirely justified and used no more than the required force.

More power to them.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2011, 11:44:24 PM »
Koreans and Chinese look alike, but I don't think that Koreans tend to be all that passive.

I would say that this was a hate crime, but assuming that what we have sen in the video is all there is, then the perp deserves a long sentence, more depending on the injury to the victim and the permanence of same.

The attitude and motivation of the person committing a crime is clearly an element in most trials, so hate is a valid matter for the jury to consider.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2011, 11:46:18 PM »
Koreans and Chinese look alike, but I don't think that Koreans tend to be all that passive.

I would say that this was a hate crime, but assuming that what we have sen in the video is all there is, then the perp deserves a long sentence, more depending on the injury to the victim and the permanence of same.

The attitude and motivation of the person committing a crime is clearly an element in most trials, so hate is a valid matter for the jury to consider.

Koreans and Chinese look alike

That is a crock of shit you racist moron!

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2011, 11:46:34 PM »
I remember the rodney king riot.

to hate koreans and get away with attacking all asians by saying thier all the same.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2011, 12:00:05 AM »
  Where Chinese and Korean culture is absolutely equal is in that they are equally diffrent from the Western traditions of America , so they are equally easy to misunderstand.

I have known only a few Chinese and Korean Americans who were born overseas and are partly assimilated , they seem bemused at how strange we are as they slowly continue to assimilate.

No question that Koreans have cultural features unique to Korea, no argument that China has a lot for Westerners to learn from. Diffrent from each other , equally far from their origin, immersed and coping with an exotic and sometimes perplexing alien culture , mine.

Why do we call anyone "Asian"? or "African"?  We don't think of "European " as a complete or adequate description for a Frenchman or a Dane.

My theory, we are better educated in European history.  Most of us know that there is a lot of difference between a Swede and an Italian, but we have spent less time learning the history that produces the difference between a Cambodian and a Korean or between a Kenyan and a Congolese.

Oh well , we can't learn it all, but we can subscribe to the "National Geographic".

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2011, 01:16:44 AM »
I did not say that Koreans and Chinese were alike, I said that they LOOK alike, especially to those who are not familiar with both groups. Korean actors portray Chinese in films and vice versa.

There is a cultural difference between Koreans and Chinese. The Korean language is related to Mongolian, not Chinese, and is written phonetically, rather than with characters.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2011, 03:17:50 AM »
well

I got to admit i might of a thought few koreans as chinese because I didn`t know cantonese is a common business language in korea. talk about flawless. it was freaking good cantonese.

but only some folks can look like other races

that geisha movie is a good example michelle yaoh simply look too mandarin to pass as a japanese, same with zang zhi.

does russel crowe look like a roman?

hell in my teen years I look philipino or mexican.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2011, 05:18:27 AM »

To Kimba Ones point as I understood it , do feisty ,located in America ,benefit from being ready to return violence with violence ? Should passive Asians change?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2011, 08:48:46 AM »
does russel crowe look like a roman?

================================
I am pretty sure that to a III Century Roman, no, Russell Crowe would NOT have looked like a Roman. He certainly does not resemble today's Romans. In a film, he would make a very unconvincing Vinnie.

He also would have looked rather puny to be a gladiator. Crowe is rather short. I imagine that really successful Gladiators were larger.

The film "Geisha" seemed fine to me. I will admit that you have greater expertise in telling the difference between Mandarins and Japanese. That was sort of my point. 

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2011, 09:06:44 AM »
most races has folks who can pass for other races.

indonesian for some crazy reason look philipino despite differing origins

at least isreali and palestinian look alike because they did have a common ancestry.

japanese and korea are of mongolian origin

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2011, 11:36:59 AM »
indonesian for some crazy reason look philipino despite differing origins

=======================================================
I don't think all Indonesians are of a common origin, and I am sure that Filipinos aren't. Filipinos come in a variety of colors. Indonesia is over a thousand islands. It is likely that some Filipinos share ancestors with some Indonesians. Those people all had boats.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2011, 06:25:37 PM »
I know of one Indonesian girl,totally cool gal. completely devoid of American etiquette. meaning she like it when treated with courtesy instead of expecting such thing

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2011, 11:53:21 PM »
  I know what you mean by American etiquette.

If you want to meet people who look a lot like Americans but act much differently try Australians, treating Australian women with what Americans consider ordinary courtesy knocks them a loop because they aren't used to getting respect as a common thing.