Author Topic: So...about that Freddie Gray trial....  (Read 3750 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
So...about that Freddie Gray trial....
« on: July 28, 2016, 01:06:26 AM »
...and all those supposed officers, that targeted Freddy Gray because of his skin color, and intentionally murdered him

I have a feeling the Baltimore State Attorney's job security is hanging by a string, at this point.  If that
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: So...about that Freddie Gray trial....
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 01:11:22 AM »
What those cops did to Freddy Gray, an innocent man, was a disgrace. I home the fire every fucking one of those goddamned sumbitches.
They cost the city 4.6 million dollars and a whole lot of damage
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 01:30:46 AM »
Whatever they "did", was neither criminal nor targeted.  And it was the city, and its PC politicrats that decided to pay off the family in tax dollars.  They weren't obligated to, they chose to, minus any apparent evidence of criminal misconduct, much less murder
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 01:37:05 PM »
I certainly hope this Judge that presided over these cases is not a racist!

::)  :o  :-[
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 02:19:56 PM »
this feminds me of of a case near my area which a bart police accidentally killed a person and the black community refused to believe it was an accident. The situation was the officer in a heated situation mistaken his stungun for his real sidearm and killed a person. I have gun owners refusing to believe this is possible. But i publicly stated i believe it was true due my strong belief humans can always make mistakes. But after the fact it was founf the whole dept. was extremely badly run and masive changes were done.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Oscar_Grant

I believe freddie gray died from incompetence and the police should be charged for wrongful death. A person died under custody. It doesn't need intent for this to be an issue for the police.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 02:33:09 PM by kimba1 »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2016, 03:19:05 PM »
I believe freddie gray died from incompetence and the police should be charged for wrongful death. A person died under custody. It doesn't need intent for this to be an issue for the police.

I agree with this.

They should fire or reassign the cops who were most responsible for this.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2016, 06:01:46 PM »
See, this is where some common ground might be found.  Instead of the idiocy of trying to claim murder, and not just murder, but targeting Gray because he was black, the focus should be on how negligent were the police in how they handled Gray's arrest.  I agree that they were negligent.  That negligence brought about a tragic accident, that should have never occured.  I agree that someone(s) should be fired.  But instead of focusing on that, the State Attorney had to placate the mass hysteria being drummed up by the BLM morons, and try to prosecute a case that had no chance of going anywhere.  And now she looks just as much an idiot as the BLM crowd

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2016, 10:44:01 AM »
Freddy Gray should never have been arrested.

The cops screwed up.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2016, 11:36:26 AM »
That's your opinion.  It's not supported by the facts of the case, I'm afraid

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2016, 10:49:42 PM »
Freddy Gray should never have been arrested.

The cops screwed up.

This might be true , but getting arrested really should not be such a crisis and dangerous.

Is there any potential for making arrest a civil and safe event?

Getting arrested by mistake is going to happen , but getting injured in the process should not be happening.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2016, 02:56:57 AM »
From my standpoint i get the impression from this situation only black people resist arrest and by this action deemed somewhat deserving of the outcome. I know this is not true other people besides black resist and get the same harmful results.

Recently a man complied and even lay flat on the ground and still got shot and the defense for the officer was he meant to shoot somebody else.

I earlier stated blm is distracting the focus from a much bigger problems that the police maybe the real problem.

Not all but maybe enough for citizen to generally fear police. Not just for one specific race.

The ferguson protest was about abusive police not about race at all. This greatly annoyed the black protesters there. I think started the BLM movement

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2016, 03:57:39 AM »
While I'm sure many people of all races have been shown to resist arrest, it does appear there's a growing culture within the Black community, that they're entitled to question any authority or command given to them by law enforcement.  And if it doesn't "jive" with what they believe is "appropriate", they're justified in whatever resistance they decide upon.  This is particularly true within the BLM movement

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2016, 06:21:38 AM »
  There could be a lot of factors , including how the picture is framed.

There are about two shootings of white men by police for each shooting of a black one.

But are we accepting this as a normal rate in the white community?
         Is there still a white community?

Who gets called a white leader , without shame?

What are women doing that keeps them from being shot as much as men?
                   To improve the proportion of these numbers....
Would it look like improvement, if the police were to shoot a lot of Asian Women next year?

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2016, 12:12:49 PM »
Police respond to women differently so that may likely be a large factor why thier not shot.
Asian being shot would likely never reported. I thought the lack of violence toward asian these past few years was an improvement but unfortunately found the opposite is true. It's was deem nonpc to report such crimes so no news will report it. Police are hesitant to investigate out of fear of being looked as racist.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2016, 02:52:20 PM »
In the past, shootings were not made public because no one was there to take videos of the incidents.

Now there is a cellphone with a camera in nearly everyone's pocket, and a place where the videos can be shown to the entire country on YourTube or Facebook.
Cops are now aware of this, and they do not even try what was standard procedure in some parts of the country: throw down a pistol near the perp and claim it was in self-defense.

Freddie Gray's "crime" was peddling single cigarettes while in possession of a legal pocketknife and simultaneously being Black.
And that is why he is dead today.