Author Topic: Remember the Wellstone "Memorial"  (Read 15313 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Remember the Wellstone "Memorial"
« on: January 13, 2011, 01:23:20 PM »
Remember how it wasn't a memorial at all but a let's all dump on Bush & the GOP public event?  Was it minutes or did Obama allow for at least an hour before he sent FBI Head Meuller to AZ.  Purely for image, as Mueller is a bureaucrat, not an investigator.  and what's with the tax payer paid for tee-shirts....at the AZ memorial??  T-Shirts??
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Remember the Wellstone "Memorial"
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 01:42:17 PM »
I recall a certain question posed by Plane to one of our patrons, asking if he felt that 1 side of the isle was more politically opportuntistic than the other.  The answer was no

Now, while I can concede the GOP has pushed dumb legisation in the past, and when necessary stayed unified to block some legsilation that they believed detrimental to the country, can we be provided of any recent blatant & transparent purely opportunistic political partisanship not related to any pending legislation by the GOP?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 02:30:41 PM »
Tea Parties, Birthers and "Death Panel misrepresentations come to mind.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 04:15:47 PM »
Tea parties are not the GOP
Birthers are not the GOP
Death panels were not misrepresented

Let's provide clarity.....request is in the GOP, as in party, as in similar in blatant political oppotunism that the Dem party consistently demonstrates, manifested by the current tragedies in AZ

ok, floor is yours once again

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 04:36:48 PM »
Tea parties are not the GOP
Birthers are not the GOP
Death panels were not misrepresented

Let's provide clarity.....request is in the GOP, as in party, as in similar in blatant political oppotunism that the Dem party consistently demonstrates, manifested by the current tragedies in AZ

ok, floor is yours once again

I suggest you go back to Planes question. I believe he asked for party or faction. So i guess it depends upon what faction means. And then you might go back to his follow-up quest6ion and my answer to determine whether we were talking about parties or ideologies. An individual is not a party. An individual can share ideology. So perhaps we can wait for Plane to provide clarity.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 04:38:53 PM »
I humbly suggest you should go back to my question posed....I made it specific to the GOP

Ball back in your court

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 04:51:47 PM »
Then I'll just ignore your question, because once again you read into answers statements that aren't there.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2011, 04:57:25 PM »
Ahh, then no examples to support a notion that both parties are equalivalently & transparently opportunistic.  I appreciate the assistance

And FYI, "Tea parties" are not even an example of blatant political opportunism either, by a "faction".  It was a manifestation of the anger that the electorate was developing as both Democrat policies were being rammed down their throats, and DC was demonstrating complete and utter disregard to fiscal responsibility that we all have to abide by, or go bankrupt, or even go to jail

But again, I thank you

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2011, 05:00:14 PM »
Ahh, then no examples to support a notion that both parties are equalivalently & transparently opportunistic.  I appreciate the assistance

And FYI, "Tea parties" are not even an example of blatant political opportunism either, by a "faction".  It was a manifestation of the anger that the electorate was developing as both Democrat policies were being rammed down their throats, and DC was demonstrating complete and utter disregard to fiscal responsibility that we all have to abide by, or go bankrupt, or even go to jail

But again, I thank you

Perhaps you can give me examples of Democrat political opportunism so i can understand the parameters of this point you are trying to make.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2011, 05:03:12 PM »
Wellstone Memorial
T-shirts at the AZ memorial
The push for re-implimenting the Fairness Doctrine

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2011, 05:11:35 PM »
Can you name any Democrat members of the Tea Party Caucus in Congress?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2011, 05:19:24 PM »
Wellstone Memorial

What about the T Shirts?

The Fairness Doctrine push has been going on for years.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2011, 05:24:22 PM »
Can you name any Democrat members of the Tea Party Caucus in Congress?

The Tea Party had goals/philosophies and the Republican Party signed on to many of them where the Dem Party didn't. What the D Party did do (and that includes Obama & Clinton) was attack, degrade, lie, divide, and soil upon on the Tea Party movement. The R Party decided to join up. It wasn't the other way around and the Tea Party signed up to the Rep Party.

The TP invitation was open to all; wasn't limited to one group, one race, or one party. You do recall the Tea Bagger insult, or don't ya? And you do recall that the Teas Party was looking for people to promote the US Constitution? So who in their right mind would be for less spending, living within a budget, smaller government, and abiding by the US Constitution?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2011, 05:32:17 PM »
I take that to mean that there are no democrat members of the tea party movement. Did the GOP opportunistically attach itself to this grass roots uprising?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2011, 05:42:44 PM »
Wellstone Memorial

What about the T Shirts?

It was a memorial, and they're handing out t-shirts, with political slogans??

The Fairness Doctrine push has been going on for years.

Nice and quiet, until this OPPORTUNITY presented itself to put it back on the front burner