Author Topic: Evangelical groups make war on terror look like a Crusade  (Read 27693 times)

Mr_Perceptive

Re: Evangelical groups make war on terror look like a Crusade
« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2007, 09:57:01 AM »
Those who do not believe in Allah are "infidels." I would present the FACT that Jews and Christians do not.

According to Islam: Jews, Christians, and Zoarastrians do.

You keep defending Islam, but the fact is that many if its followers today are committing terrorist acts. I care little about all this discussion about the crusades. I live TODAY and TODAY is when 9-11 happened and people throughout he Middle East celebrated. The Palestinian professor here says he would kill all Jews. When queried, he says he means it. Several years ago, we were going to hire a new professor, well-distinguished one. He was very "high" on the man until he found out he was Jewish. Then, he made such a fuss, we didn't hire the new guy. And, do "moderate" Moslems corral these extremists, nope. No excuses, they don't. So, putting thme into the same barrel sounds authentic to me. They need ot show me different before I change my mind. Round up some extremsits, etc. Then, the West's views might change. Of course, I don't see this happening, do you?

No Professor, you really don't live in today's world. You live in a version of today's world created by people who have no real understanding of Islam or international politics in general.

Y'all whine about moderate Muslims not doing their jobs, but what do you do? What do you all do when a Christian commits a violent act? When the IRA or UVF set off bombs? When the Lord's Resistance Army continues to perpetrate atrocities, what specific acts do you take?

In fact, Iran was one of the first countries to condemn the 9/11 attacks. Yet, I bet none of you have considered that or given them any credit for it. So what the hell are these people supposed to do? They are damned if they do and damned if they don't in your eyes.

And that doesn't even get to the fact that International Terrorism is not that deadly. You, Sirs, Rich, and others keep making it out to be this horrific, momentous threat to everyone's life and right wing editorialists claim it is a threat to Western Civilization and Freedom itself. Yet, the data (meaning the FACTS) don't reflect that as being even close to the truth. Not even within the realm of feasibility.

So, by all means rant on...but I remain skeptically unimpressed by what amounts to hearsay ("we had a Palestinian Professor who threatened to kill all Jews") and conjecture (Militant Islam threatens the very fabric of society).
[/quote]

Is this the same Iran that held our Embassy employees as hostages? I am supposed to respect the views of a nation that commits an act that is against all international law? Defend it, if you can. I would've taken the country apart for it. I voted for Jimmy but I am ashamed at his lack of cojones regarding that.

And the Palestinina professor issue isn ot hearsay. It is FACT. I don't lie. EVER. And what the IRA does is just as disgusting and I would string thme up one by one as well as Moslem extermists. I apply the same strategies. Do you?

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2007, 10:11:36 AM »
Is this the same Iran that held our Embassy employees as hostages? I am supposed to respect the views of a nation that commits an act that is against all international law? Defend it, if you can. I would've taken the country apart for it. I voted for Jimmy but I am ashamed at his lack of cojones regarding that.

And the Palestinina professor issue isn ot hearsay. It is FACT. I don't lie. EVER. And what the IRA does is just as disgusting and I would string thme up one by one as well as Moslem extermists. I apply the same strategies. Do you?

No, it isn't the same Iran. That was Iran during a revolution, with basically no Government. We violate International law all the time, why are we so special? I don't care who you voted for and I'm not defending Iran on anything more than the fact that they quickly condemned the 9/11 attacks - yet all the time we hear this constant crap about how Muslims support all these terrorist actions.

I never said you lied, I said it is hearsay - which it is. It is one Palestinian. There are many, and they aren't all Muslim either.

As for the IRA, it isn't a matter of what you would do as much as what have you done? You all keep calling for action by moderate Muslims and condemn them over and over again. Yet, where were you? What action have you taken?
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

Mr_Perceptive

« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2007, 10:59:14 AM »
So, two wrongs don't make a right? So, becuase it was during a revolution, this condones the action? Yeah, they condoned the act while secretly were ecstatic. Hypocritical. Here is a country so filled with extremists it should be taught a lesson if they, and only if they, get out of their little playground, namely their own borders and no one else's.

You supposed moderates are too wishy-washy; always looking to justify and not appear  to be too "extreme". What do you really stand FOR? What it really means is that you stand for little. What does it take to light a fire under you such that you get out of your PC shell and take action?

Rev. 3:16.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 12:33:41 PM by Mr_Perceptive »

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2007, 11:06:22 AM »
They did not "condone" the act, they denounced it. Where is your evidence that they were "ecstatic?" Where is your proof that Iran is "filled with extremists?"

What do you really stand FOR? What it really means is that you stand for little. What does it take to light a fire under you such that you get out of your PC shell and take action?

I'm a "moderate" now? Interesting. How do you know what actions I take in my life? Moreover, you never answered my question. You call Islam's moderates to action, yet what did you do? I think we know the answer to that. Not a damn thing.

Might want to check out verse 17 while you are there. Your right wing pals always seem to miss that one ;)
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster

Mr_Perceptive

« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2007, 11:20:35 AM »
The statements by notable personages in Iran such as their President indicates extremists by the barrel load.

As far as what I do, I do not condone violence against innocents, regardless who does it. Hate-filled groups such as the IRA and even its more extreme sects fit that bill.

If Israel fires a missile against a village of innocents (no apparent military presence), then that qualifies as well.

That being said, I advocate vigorous ACTION against those who attack innocents. As an example, I would have caught Bin Laden and his cohorts and executed them, given the chance (I wouldv'e shot him myself or, better yet, made him suffer some beforehand. Ever been shot in the knee? I have. Damned painful.) I sure the polits wouldn't have allowed it, but that is what I would have done, if at all possible. See I advocate ACTION. There is a time for jawing. Once a certain point is passwed and no positive results, then you spank your enemies and spank 'em HARD. Make sure they remember it for some time afterward andany others who think of committing similar actions. I would have made those responsible for the hostage takeover regret it, no matter what it took. What have YOU done? Talk.

So, MY policy is to use FORCE when it is necessary. That doesn't mean we go around and act like Imperial Rome. That itme has gone. But if osmeone screws with you, you make 'em PAY.

Force talks and bullshit walks.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: September 14, 2007, 11:26:30 AM »
Mutated? No sirs. they can read just fine. They quote the Quran and do EXACTLY what it tells them to do. " ... Slay the unbelievers wherever you find them." (Quran 9:5) "Therefore, when ye meet the unbelievers in fight, smite their necks; when ye have thoroughly subdued them, bind a bond firmly on them." (Quran 47:7)

Interesting. Except that Jews and Christians are considered to be believers. Pagan religions (those not following the one true God, not from Abraham) are the unbelievers discussed.
So Miss Henny, are you going on record as stating that the message of the Koran IS to kill all non-believers of Islam??  So Rich is actually right

It's so easy to twist things when you have no idea what you're reading and what the historical perspective is.

"Twist"?  So unless I was actually living back then to have the proper "perspective", I must be "twisting" the message       :-\
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Mr_Perceptive

« Reply #81 on: September 14, 2007, 11:30:56 AM »
Mutated? No sirs. they can read just fine. They quote the Quran and do EXACTLY what it tells them to do. " ... Slay the unbelievers wherever you find them." (Quran 9:5) "Therefore, when ye meet the unbelievers in fight, smite their necks; when ye have thoroughly subdued them, bind a bond firmly on them." (Quran 47:7)

Interesting. Except that Jews and Christians are considered to be believers. Pagan religions (those not following the one true God, not from Abraham) are the unbelievers discussed.

It's so easy to twist things when you have no idea what you're reading and what the historical perspective is.

"It's so easy to twist things when you have no idea what you're reading and what the historical perspective is."

And your justification for talking down to him is WHAT? Gives you the jollies?

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: September 14, 2007, 11:36:09 AM »
The statements by notable personages in Iran such as their President indicates extremists by the barrel load.

As far as what I do, I do not condone violence against innocents, regardless who does it. Hate-filled groups such as the IRA and even its more extreme sects fit that bill.

If Israel fires a missile against a village of innocents (no apparent military presence), then that qualifies as well.

That being said, I advocate vigorous ACTION against those who attack innocents. As an example, I would have caught Bin Laden and his cohorts and executed them, given the chance (I wouldv'e shot him myself or, better yet, made him suffer some beforehand. Ever been shot in the knee? I have. Damned painful.) I sure the polits wouldn't have allowed it, but that is what I would have done, if at all possible. See I advocate ACTION. There is a time for jawing. Once a certain point is passwed and no positive results, then you spank your enemies and spank 'em HARD. Make sure they remember it for some time afterward andany others who think of committing similar actions. I would have made those responsible for the hostage takeover regret it, no matter what it took. What have YOU done? Talk.

So, MY policy is to use FORCE when it is necessary. That doesn't mean we go around and act like Imperial Rome. That itme has gone. But if osmeone screws with you, you make 'em PAY.

So basically you talk big.

Wow.

What have I done?

I don't have to justify myself to you, but I work hard on my employee's association (which is basically a union, but cannot call themselves that for legal purposes) and I also work to give people in Haiti a little bit better life.

I pride myself on not hurting anyone.

Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: September 14, 2007, 11:37:45 AM »
So unless I was actually living back then to have the proper "perspective", I must be "twisting" the message

That isn't what she said at all, and you know it.

Why is it talking down when it is the truth? Many people who attack Islam (and Christianity for that matter) have no idea what they are talking about.
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: September 14, 2007, 11:38:48 AM »

I wasn't talking down to Rich.

And if I were it would definitely involve the "f word" a lot.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: September 14, 2007, 11:57:00 AM »
My error, to my originating post above.  I was quoting Rich, not Miss Henny.  My apologies Miss Henny
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Mr_Perceptive

« Reply #86 on: September 14, 2007, 12:39:01 PM »

So basically you talk big.

Wow.

What have I done?

I don't have to justify myself to you, but I work hard on my employee's association (which is basically a union, but cannot call themselves that for legal purposes) and I also work to give people in Haiti a little bit better life.

I pride myself on not hurting anyone.

Is Tennessee a right to work state?

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: September 14, 2007, 12:40:09 PM »
Yes, it is open shop.
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: September 14, 2007, 01:21:51 PM »
...your tiny little example, that only effected a small tribe, in a small area of Canada, back in the early 1900's...

Not quite - it affected several tribes, in several parts of the country, as did the same practice in the US. In all, several thousands of people.

We can also point to the Inquisition, which I pointed out earlier came after the Crusades. As well, the Spanish conquest of south and central America, where the policy was also 'convert or die', when it wasn't 'just give us all your treasure and die anyway'. And let's not forget (for those who claim America is a Christian country) American efforts to wipe out the Indians in the eighteenth and nineteenth (and some would say on into the twentieth) centuries.

All in all, I'd say the Christians are ahead so far.

But here's a twist for you - I don't blame the religion, just the, um, 'Christian militants' who interpreted their religion as justifying such acts. Just as I don't blame Christianity for infuriating me by disturbing my rest, just those misguided souls who believe that, just because they have a bible in their hands, it is perfectly all right for them to ignore my posted warnings that I work nights and sleep days to bang on my door and try to 'save my soul'.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Richpo64

« Reply #89 on: September 14, 2007, 01:39:33 PM »
>>It's so easy to twist things when you have no idea what you're reading and what the historical perspective is.<<

I suppose it might be if we didn't have Mullah to clarify it.