Author Topic: Cordless Mouse & Windows Vista  (Read 9332 times)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Cordless Mouse & Windows Vista
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2008, 02:02:49 AM »
I saw your flashlight demo, and was amazed, because no flashlight I have owned would do this.

None of those I have in the house will, either.

I have 4 emergency kits scattered through the house. Each of them has a flashlight in it, with no batteries installed, but the batteries are stored in the kit with the flashlight (increases battery storage time and prevents corrosion of the contacts in the flashlight). Those flashlights will all work with the batteries installed either way. So, in an emergency, you just have to get the batteries both turned the same way, but it doesn't matter which way that is - simplifies things in an emergency situation.

Although I just thought of something that I'm gonna do now. I'm going to tape the batteries together, so you can just drop the pair in as one unit, but turned either way. Simplifies things even more.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Cordless Mouse & Windows Vista
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2008, 10:30:53 AM »
400 Hertz is common on Aircraft because the generator and motors and wiring can all be lighter for the same power.

The one we picked up at the surplus auction was for a radar unit. Since we were only using it for lights and a coffee pot, it worked out great; couldn't use it on anything that had a regular AC motor, though, because those are wired for 60 Hertz. We also got a small trailer to mount it on, and the lights. It worked great - we had a house fire a few weeks later, at night, and were able to use the floodlights for the recovery and to help the arson investigator (and keep warm with some hot coffee while we waited). The next summer, we had a tornado blow through the next town over and do considerable damage, again at night, and we put it to good use there to help clean up.

The cockpit simulators I worked on had to use 400 Hertz, because we used actual aircraft electronics. Sometimes there were slight modifications to work with our computers, but a lot of the stuff we used was right off the shelf from the military maintenance shop.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016