Author Topic: Another Winter Soldier meeting  (Read 819 times)

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Another Winter Soldier meeting
« on: December 04, 2007, 02:44:03 PM »
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Another Winter Soldier meeting
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 02:55:17 PM »
How brave of them.

Can they be arrested on the spot if they confess to war crimes? Should they be arrested?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 04:37:46 PM »
WOW.

WOW.  This sure brings back memories of the 1960s.  So many Amerikkkans are just like sheep - - they believe the bullshit about "our bravest, fighting for the freedom of people in faraway lands" and the little CNN segments on their "heroes" and the "heroes'" families and the "we support our troops" crap:

NOW they're gonna get an eyeful.  NOW reality is gonna gob-smack 'em right across the face.  They can't run from it and they can't hide from it.  The real world is coming to a theatre near you.

<<Iraq Veterans Against the War argues that well-publicized incidents of American brutality like the Abu Ghraib prison scandal and the massacre of an entire family of Iraqis in the town of Haditha are not the isolated incidents perpetrated by "a few bad apples," as many politicians and military leaders have claimed. They are part of a pattern, the group says, of "an increasingly bloody occupation."

<<"This is our generation getting to tell history," Madden told OneWorld, "to ensure that the actual history gets told -- that it's not a sugar-coated, diluted version of what actually happened."
>>

This is long overdue.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 06:10:04 PM »
Perhaps if they claim they witnessed war crimes instead of commiting them, my guess that is what they will do, they can be detained as material witnesses. Surely they want those who committed the crimes to be punished for their crimes.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 11:52:09 PM »
<<Perhaps if they claim they witnessed war crimes instead of commiting them, my guess that is what they will do, they can be detained as material witnesses. >>

LOL.  Sure, that'll happen.  Like this administration is really anxious to expose its own war crimes and see the criminals punished.  You can see how zealously they are already pursuing the handful of war criminals they already have indicted.

<<Surely they [the Winter Soldiers] want those who committed the crimes to be punished for their crimes.>>

I'm not so sure that they do.  They probably consider the real criminals to be the ones who started the war, not the grunts who executed it.  Besides which, I would think their primary motivation is to expose the crimes so as to give the Amerikkkan people a realistic idea of what it is they are supporting when they support the war on Iraq.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 12:06:10 AM »
So this is just a show. Little self congratulating bravado.

Sad that the new antiwar movement has no originality.

Hard to speak truth to power whispering

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 12:21:39 AM »
<<So this is just a show. >>

Exactly.  Think of it as the MSM show, but with realism added in.

<<Little self congratulating bravado.>>

Oh, my dear sir, if you enjoy self-congratulating bravado, I would suggest you stick with the MSM and their anchors and "special correspondents." 

<<Sad that the new antiwar movement has no originality.>>

What can I tell ya, BT?  Plus ?a change, plus c?est la meme chose.  Oy.

<<Hard to speak truth to power whispering>>

They aren't speaking truth to power, BT, cuz power ain't lissnin.  Power knows the truth, and knew it from Day One, they just don't want anyone else to know.   No, these guys are speaking truth to the sheeple, BT.  For whatever good it'll do anyone, but one day the sheeple just might get fed up.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007, 12:33:02 AM »
Yeah

But power controls the message.

They might else well be meeting in a closet.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2007, 12:37:43 AM »
<<Yeah

<<But power controls the message.

<<They might else well be meeting in a closet.>>

Sad but true, eh BT?  And I might as well be posting these contributions of mine to 3DHS into outer space, direction Alpha Centauri.  So much for democracy.  The ruling class does what the ruling class wants.  Well, it sure as hell ain't gonna change in MY lifetime.