Author Topic: CDC warns to be prepared.  (Read 2851 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
CDC warns to be prepared.
« on: May 20, 2011, 06:25:41 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ac/20110518/us_ac/8495307_cdc_recommends_preparing_for_all_disasters__even_zombies

The CDC recommends that planning ahead for zombies is really no different than preparing for other types of disaster. The same basic principles apply.

Planning ahead for any type of disaster or emergency requires the same basic items: Food (nonperishable of course) and water (one gallon per day per person), medications (both over the counter and prescription medications), tools and supplies (basic stuff like utility knives, duct tape, radio, flashlights, batteries, etc.), sanitation and hygiene (soap, shampoo, bleach, feminine products, towels and lots of toilet paper), clothing and bedding (extra clothes for every family member, blankets), important documents (copies of birth certificates, social security cards, driver's licenses, insurance cards, etc.), first aid supplies.

As with any other emergency, in the event of zombies you should have an emergency plan that includes evacuation plans and a safe place to get away from the zombies.

MissusDe

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: CDC warns to be prepared.
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 12:08:58 AM »
For some reason, I've never been too worried about zombies.  I mean, it's not like they're capable of setting any land speed records.  When you think about it, it's almost cruel...I just picture letting them get close and then moving out of their reach, over and over.  "Oh, so close! Good try!!"

And speaking of zombies, this is a very interesting movie: Fido - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0457572/

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 12:35:33 AM »
The nonexistence of zombies makes them less a problem.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 01:53:25 AM »
well
maybe not zombies but rabies is kinda similiar to the 28days type of zombies and it`s carried by animals also.

so if a rabid dog was let loose in any place with kids it can get real bad. at this day and age few parent would think rabies.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 11:28:13 AM »
I would think of a rabid dog if I saw a strangely acting canine. I would never suspect a zombie dog.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 12:55:36 PM »
I think last year a movie about rabies was the theme and they hinted supernatural tones .

a little kid started biting people in a apartment complex

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2011, 12:58:21 PM »
For some reason, I've never been too worried about zombies.  I mean, it's not like they're capable of setting any land speed records.  When you think about it, it's almost cruel...I just picture letting them get close and then moving out of their reach, over and over.  "Oh, so close! Good try!!"

And speaking of zombies, this is a very interesting movie: Fido - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0457572/

GOOD TO SEE YAS MISS DE   =)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2011, 01:33:50 PM »
I missed ya de

big welcome!!!

MissusDe

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2011, 12:58:54 AM »
Thanks, guys.  I didn't go very far....I've been reading all along, although admittedly not reading quite as often as I used to.

The funny thing is that you could take many of the posts and remove the date; it wouldn't matter because all of the same topics are being micro-analyzed for meaning, intent, and future ramifications.

I've also noted that Personal Posting Style (PPS) has remained consistent, with many members holding steadfastly to the mindset of "I don't care what you say or how logically you say it, I'm right and you're wrong. Plus you're an idiot and your mother wears Army boots."

Yeah...it's good to be home.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2011, 01:09:47 AM »
 8)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2011, 01:31:47 AM »
Thanks, guys.  I didn't go very far....I've been reading all along, although admittedly not reading quite as often as I used to.

The funny thing is that you could take many of the posts and remove the date; it wouldn't matter because all of the same topics are being micro-analyzed for meaning, intent, and future ramifications.

I've also noted that Personal Posting Style (PPS) has remained consistent, with many members holding steadfastly to the mindset of "I don't care what you say or how logically you say it, I'm right and you're wrong. Plus you're an idiot and your mother wears Army boots."

Yeah...it's good to be home.

Very good to see you , there is a flavor to the place , best with more ingreedients.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2011, 01:43:52 AM »
Just as long as it doesn't get too spicy.  I don't do spicy well     :o