Author Topic: Warren Buffet  (Read 845 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Warren Buffet
« on: October 11, 2008, 07:24:19 PM »
Is buying securitys.

Why not ?

To buy low and sell high you must first buy low.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Warren Buffet
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 08:18:08 PM »
There would be two reasons to not buy right now.

(1) the market seems to be in a state of free fall. You can buy Apple for half what it was selling for several months ago. But next week, you might be able to buy it for half that.

(2) In the case of Warren Buffet, who is no spring chicken, it's possible that he will die before the shares he has bought advance to an acceptable high. I doubt this worries Buffet much.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

modestyblase

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 09:40:58 PM »

(1) the market seems to be in a state of free fall. You can buy Apple for half what it was selling for several months ago. But next week, you might be able to buy it for half that.

(2) In the case of Warren Buffet, who is no spring chicken, it's possible that he will die before the shares he has bought advance to an acceptable high. I doubt this worries Buffet much.

On point one, I'm reminded of working in mortgage in the late 90's, when someone would be locked in at 6% and call three times a day to see if rates had lowered further; then their lock-in would expire, rates would go up half a percent, and they'd yell at me for their greed.
Buying now is a good idea, waiting for a few more dollars to drop isn't worth it, imo. I've already been purchasing!

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 10:26:31 PM »

Buffett made a paper fortune (800m) in one day with his influx of cash into Goldman Sachs