Author Topic: Arab world fears an Iran war may be impending  (Read 2640 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Arab world fears an Iran war may be impending
« on: August 18, 2008, 01:24:36 PM »
Arab world fears an Iran war may be impending

August 18, 2008, 1:05 PM (GMT+02:00)

DEBKAfile?s Middle East sources report that the Iranian satellite carrier space launch Sunday, Aug. 17, was prompted by a joint caution to Tehran from Saudi King Abdullah and Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak.

After their meeting Saturday, the spokesman of the presidential palace in Cairo, Suleiman Awwad, said: Iran should not present on a silver platter the ?justifications and pretexts for those [US and Israel] who want to drag the region down a dangerous slope.?

This warning was interpreted by the London Arabic daily Al Quds as a warning to Tehran that an attack is impending by the US, some European nations and Israel.

The article recalled the fate of Saddam Hussein ?who didn't adequately refute claims over Iraq's supposed weapons of mass destruction.?

Tehran immediately responded to the warning by launching the Safir satellite carrier into orbit, thereby exhibiting a ballistic missile capable of reaching outside the Middle East, as far as Britain and France, should they decide to join an American attack on Iran, as well as US military installations on that continent.

Our military sources report that the war scare in Cairo and Riyadh also infected Kuwait.

Last week, the small oil emirate placed its military on ?war alert,? to avoid being caught off-guard by a possible conflict in the region. On Saturday, Kuwait boosted its naval force in the Persian Gulf to ward off a possible Iranian reprisal against its oil installations if attacked.

The scare was fed by the impending arrival of the USS Theodore Roosevelt, the USS Ronald Reagan, and the USS Iwo Jima in the Persian Gulf to reinforce the US strike forces in the region, as first revealed by DEBKAfile on August 11.

They are to join the USS Abraham Lincoln, which is patrolling the Arabian Sea opposite Iran, and the USS Peleliu, on beat in the Red Sea and Gulf of Aden. This deployment would be the largest naval task force the US and its allies had massed in the region since the 1991 Gulf War.

A US Pentagon spokesman last week denied that these forces were gathering to impose a partial naval blockade on Iran, but declined to disclose their mission. The denial apparently failed to convince the rulers of Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Kuwait.

http://debka.com/index1.php
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Arab world fears an Iran war may be impending
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 05:05:03 PM »
We see a lot of threats, mostly coming from the Israeli "news" service DEBKA and the governments of the dictatorships of Egypt and Saudi Arabia.

Although I think the threats of war are pretty hollow by this point (the pathetic U.S.A. can't even protect its own puppets in Georgia and are running like rabbits from any real confrontation there, although talking tough as is their habit) we can always hope that there is someone in Washington stupid enough to launch the confrontation.  This could turn out to be a disaster, not only for the warmongers in Washington and Tel Aviv, but for their Egyptian and Saudi puppets as well, who could easily wind up being torn apart by their own people.  As the Iranians strengthen their grip on Lebanon, they should be able to see the advantage of stron underground movements inside the American puppet states waiting for the next big surge of anti-American, anti-government protests that a new war could touch off.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 05:21:45 PM »
As the Iranians strengthen their grip on Lebanon, they should be able to see the advantage of stron underground movements inside the American puppet states waiting for the next big surge of anti-American, anti-government protests that a new war could touch off.

So you see these movements as catspaws of larger and wealthyer countrys , not any native effort?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 12:28:46 AM »
<<So you see these movements as catspaws of larger and wealthyer countrys , not any native effort?>>

They're hybrids - - homegrown talent, foreign funding.  Kinda like the Bay of Pigs mercenaries or the Afghan and Iraqi "armies."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 10:52:15 PM »
<<So you see these movements as catspaws of larger and wealthyer countrys , not any native effort?>>

They're hybrids - - homegrown talent, foreign funding.  Kinda like the Bay of Pigs mercenaries or the Afghan and Iraqi "armies."

Did the bay of Pigs incident include mercinarys?

I didn't know that.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 10:59:47 PM »
<<Did the bay of Pigs incident include mercinarys?

<<I didn't know that.>>

It was all Cuban exiles but bought and paid for by the CIA.  Fidel called them mercenaries because they served the U.S.A. at the expense of the Cuban people.  This was preparatory to having them all shot, which of course he abandoned in favour of the idea of trading them in for medicines and drugs that the American boycott was preventing from reaching Cuba.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 11:03:13 PM »
<<Did the bay of Pigs incident include mercinarys?

<<I didn't know that.>>

It was all Cuban exiles but bought and paid for by the CIA.  Fidel called them mercenaries because they served the U.S.A. at the expense of the Cuban people.  This was preparatory to having them all shot, which of course he abandoned in favour of the idea of trading them in for medicines and drugs that the American boycott was preventing from reaching Cuba.

This definition would also cover the Volenteers of China that rescued Communism in North Korea , which I don't really beleive.

So were all or most of them returned to the US? A lot of them must still be around.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2008, 12:07:21 AM »
<<This definition [mercenary]would also cover the Volenteers of China that rescued Communism in North Korea , which I don't really beleive.>>

No, a mercenary fights for a paycheque, a volunteer volunteers to fight for nothing.

<<So were all or most of them returned to the US? >>

The mercs of the Bay of Pigs?  They were ALL returned.  I

<<A lot of them must still be around.>>

If you're lucky, they've all died of AIDS.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 01:26:52 AM »
<<This definition [mercenary]would also cover the Volenteers of China that rescued Communism in North Korea , which I don't really beleive.>>

No, a mercenary fights for a paycheque, a volunteer volunteers to fight for nothing.

<<So were all or most of them returned to the US? >>

The mercs of the Bay of Pigs?  They were ALL returned.  I

<<A lot of them must still be around.>>

If you're lucky, they've all died of AIDS.

I think it unfair to call them mercinarys , unless you know they were getting a lot of pay , which they weren't were they?

Cuba is a very unlucky country , it seems as if freedom eludes them no matter that they have worked very hard to acheive it for more than an hundred years.

If Kennedy had managed the Bay of Pigs invasion better he might not have had a missle crisis to deal with later , as I understand it Fidel Castro was so eager for the project that he didn't care if it killed every Cuban in Cuba. I don't think a platform like that would get you elected in the US.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2008, 01:37:21 AM »
<<I think it unfair to call them mercinarys , unless you know they were getting a lot of pay , which they weren't were they?>>

From what I recall reading about their pay, they all do very well.  Much better pay than the GI's they replace.

<<Cuba is a very unlucky country , it seems as if freedom eludes them no matter that they have worked very hard to acheive it for more than an hundred years.>>

Cuba is blessed with the finest political leader in the world today, Fidel Castro.  Cuba suffered under terrible dictators kept in power by the direct influence of the U.S.A. until Fidel led the Cuban Revolution to a stunning triumph over Nixon's buddy and the Dulles brothers' favourite, Fulgencio Batista.  Since then they've lived free of foreign dominance and they intend to keep it that way.  This irritates the U.S.A. something terrible but there isn't a God-damn thing they can do about it.  Cuba is a great country and I hope one day you will visit it and see for yourself.  If your government ever dares to let the ordinary American see for himself what Cuba really is all about.

<<If Kennedy had managed the Bay of Pigs invasion better he might not have had a missle crisis to deal with later , as I understand it Fidel Castro was so eager for the project that he didn't care if it killed every Cuban in Cuba. I don't think a platform like that would get you elected in the US.>>

Kennedy and Ike before him were lied to by the Cuban exiles and their CIA handlers, who assured him the Cuban people would "rise up" when the invasion began.  They "rose up" alright - - against the invaders.  JFK handled the invasion exactly right - - he called off the promised air strike and abandoned the project once it became apparent that it was based on the lie of popular support in Cuba.  Hotel busboys became heroes on that day - - they grabbed rifles and shot down the invaders on the beaches, then pursued them into the jungles and swamps and killed more of them there.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2008, 01:44:26 AM »

Since then they've lived free of foreign dominance and they intend to keep it that way.  This irritates the U.S.A. something terrible but there isn't a God-damn thing they can do about it.  Cuba is a great country and I hope one day you will visit it and see for yourself.  If your government ever dares to let the ordinary American see for himself what Cuba really is all about.

Tell me again how you feel about Former Soviet Republic and former Czarist conquest Georgia?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2008, 11:02:24 AM »
<<Tell me again how you feel about Former Soviet Republic and former Czarist conquest Georgia?>>

Sure.  They're not gonna be allowed to put hostile military bases up right next door to Russia. 

Tell me again how you feel about Soviet nukes in Cuba.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2008, 02:30:39 AM »
<<Tell me again how you feel about Former Soviet Republic and former Czarist conquest Georgia?>>

Sure.  They're not gonna be allowed to put hostile military bases up right next door to Russia. 

Tell me again how you feel about Soviet nukes in Cuba.

We allowed the Monroe doctrine to lapse.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2008, 10:12:50 AM »
<<We allowed the Monroe doctrine to lapse.>>

Well, that's too bad.  Maybe they allowed the Stalin Doctrine to lapse, but it looks to me like it's back in business at last.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2008, 06:28:38 PM »
<<We allowed the Monroe doctrine to lapse.>>

Well, that's too bad.  Maybe they allowed the Stalin Doctrine to lapse, but it looks to me like it's back in business at last.

Between Monroe and Stalin which doctrine is better needed?